Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

Laterite posted:

There's a lot of DS9 episodes that get harder and grimmer to watch with each passing year.

every year it gets harder to sit through a Keiko episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

I have nothing against Rosalind Chao but those episodes are boring-as-hell filler

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Let's compile a list of the O'Brien must suffer episodes

mind prison
infiltrating the space mafia
learning his space mafia friend's wife was brutally murdered
clone o'brien thinks he's real o'brien
demon possessed wife
presumed guilty in cardassian trial
any episode with the shoulder injury
"i tore me pants"
kid goes feral
possessed by tobin dax, the lamest dax
transporter clone riker is rather curt towards o'brien
baby carried by kira and subsequent sexual awkwardness
almost dying on that planet alone with bashir
tasked with getting worf drunk enough to talk through his problems
honey, i shrunk the runabout
peer pressured into telling a cloud to go away
blamed by kirk for starting the fight on the tribble station
transporter room duty on the D
nog pulls rank on the only enlisted man in star trek
huge irish head
excellent acting career that isn't recognized outside britain as much as it should be

S tier Trek episode

also you should include any episode where O'Brien has to play Falcon for the nth time in holodeck because Bashir must always indulge his narcissistic fantasies

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

I just remembered that in Babylon 5 the only major black character was the doctor and, coincidentally, was the only major character to get addicted to space smack

what a coincidence

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

was anyone in the Trek universe overtly racist enough to call him Potatoes O'Brien to his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

isnt it the "doctor turns to stims due to overworking himself" plotline? because they literally do that with the nice old white doctor in bsg

i don't remember though maybe he just smokes space crack and it's super rascist

I don't remember the details, other than he goes on walkabout for a few episodes and that cures him of his cravings

regardless, "[x character] turns to stims due to overworking themself" could apply to any character but they picked the one black guy to be that character

I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt because I don't think they deliberately promoted a racist stereotype, it was just really insensitive, I think the correct term would be implicit racism