Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Animal-Mother posted:

Let's compile a list of the O'Brien must suffer episodes

mind prison
infiltrating the space mafia
learning his space mafia friend's wife was brutally murdered
clone o'brien thinks he's real o'brien
demon possessed wife
presumed guilty in cardassian trial
any episode with the shoulder injury
"i tore me pants"
kid goes feral
possessed by tobin dax, the lamest dax
transporter clone riker is rather curt towards o'brien
baby carried by kira and subsequent sexual awkwardness
almost dying on that planet alone with bashir
tasked with getting worf drunk enough to talk through his problems
honey, i shrunk the runabout
peer pressured into telling a cloud to go away
blamed by kirk for starting the fight on the tribble station
transporter room duty on the D
nog pulls rank on the only enlisted man in star trek
huge irish head
excellent acting career that isn't recognized outside britain as much as it should be

There's also the time Worf and Dax kept calling the wedding off and he and bashir couldn't eat the huge stack of pancakes and steak dinner for seven days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Remember the time when O'Brien literally died and was replaced by a time-duplicate from a timeline where DS9 was blown the gently caress up

Which one was this?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
That episode really upsets me. Three years later Worf is on the goddamn council

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Is Jadzia Dax in Stovokor, rotting in some kind of kilingon hell, contained in the dax symbiote, or trapped in some sort of brutal limbo between all three and the trill afterworld?

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I watched the episode of Voyager where The Doctor introduces music to an advanced society which has none, and folks, how the gently caress did that happen. It doesn't make a lick of loving sense.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah other weird pop-psychology stuff is how when they replaced Bareil's brain with a "positronic matrix", he had all his memories, but lost the "spark of life". That set up a weird dichotomy whereby organic beings had special spiritual properties which androids and the like couldn't have.

This even propagates to games that are heavily influenced by DS9 (like Stellaris), where spiritualists automatically hate robots, and robots can't get psionics, because *reasons*.

I would assume it'd be the other way around, like he'd probably have huge memory loss or personality change but retain his "soul"

There was a nice conundrum in the voyager episode where the doctor wanted his memory banks programmed with more knowledge of music but B'lanna wouldn't let him because deleting his brain would fundamentally change his person.

Nebakenezzer posted:

Similarly, it always irked me slightly that the Vorta are described as having no aesthetic sense, and I'm sure that's impossible for an intelligent being

They're at least colorblind from aeons of genetic selection

E: Like they dont have taste, but they like chewing food. So they probably got something on upstairs

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Every species in the Gamma Quandrant is just a changeling that forgot

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Nog acquires a small parcel of land

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
They shouldve played spin the bottle with lizzie mcguire