Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

spankmeister posted:

It's just jadzia just like in the mirror universe

Was it ever mentioned if hosts keep the symbiont's memories after it has been removed?

That Joe McAverage guy who stole Dax in S1 (?) said no and looked p.gutted by the experience.

E: It was Season 2 Episode 4 (Netflix reckoning, I DGAF if the actual air-dates were different.)

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jul 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Kira looked way better with she old (occupation-era) hair, and she was :3: af as a Cardie.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Tulip posted:

Maybe the vorta are just deep in depressive anhedonia.

gently caress, same.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The one where Jake squanders a whole life to find a way to bring back he dad was real :smith:.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I dunno, not to get all :goonsay::hf::qqsay: but watching DS9 as an literal father has made me like :thunk: about the proper way to raise an literal childe and poo poo?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If Jake hosed alt-universe Jennifer Sisko is that still, like, bad?

My gut feeling would be "yes" (they still share DNA and genes or whatever, right?) but he sure seems to wanna?

:ohno::hf::shudder:

E: Although watching the cast get to Community Theater themselves up different roles every few episodes is always :3:.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 26, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

spankmeister posted:

Yeah I had to look that up

Username/post disagreement.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cerv posted:

really we should be more worried about the rest of the cast who didn't have a crush on Garak 😍
what's wrong with them?

:same:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pick posted:

Yes: Garak. Also O'Brien and Bashir. Thanks.

:eng101:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Pick posted:

rom. nog. klingon chef. martok. party time science officer.

Actually I think you'll find Klingon Chef has right of first mention in any genericized list of DS9 characters? It's a primus inter pares thing?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yep. I'm also struggling to think of a non-heternormative relationship (for the current host) of either Jadzia's or Kurzon's. Hell, even Odo, who comes from a race for which sexual dimorphism is meaningless, only hooks up with femme-presenting aliens.

Considering how deep the show goes into racial and (heteronormative) gender equality, the tiptoeing around queerness kinda sticks out in a modern rewatching.

Wasn't one of Dax's former host's wives in one of the episodes in like S3?

I mean, you can get into the male gazeyess of the only queer relationship being a (very brief) lesbian one but it was there.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'll be honest and say that the whole "former hosts" thing (and the cortical stacks thing in A Memory Called Empire) is :shudder: as gently caress for me, sexually and cognitively?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

mysterious frankie posted:

IMO Data obviously needs stricter observation and restriction of duties that could impact the wellbeing of the crew. There’s a careless darkness in him evidenced by this almost accurate, but slightly augmented for convenience, Hawking.

Suffer not the silica animus to live, for ruin shall be its purpose.

I'm not saying we should go Butlerian on Data's pasty rear end, but we should go Butlerian on Data's pasty rear end.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Yikes, this thread kinda went to a dark place?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

But Bajor (and DS9) are on a 26 hour cycle?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:laffo:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
When did they get rid of the genial Texan guy as starfleet security boi and get that weird Eddington guy what turns out to be a Maquis?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Polaron posted:

Season 3 premiere, when they bring in the Defiant.

I miss "'ol Tex" (as I've decided he's called). He was pleasingly :downs:.

While Eddington is a dishonorable renegade and traitor.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 29, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC the Texan guy disappears after the episode where he commits at least one massive security fuckup from second-guessing Odo

But that's just part of 'ol Tex's folksy charm!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Sisko as a klingon is sexy af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Cerv posted:

and yeah, Ron Moore said it was just assumed Klingons mature a bit faster than humans, and expected they wouldn't have to explain that in show that he turned up as a mid-teen equivalent at age of ten.

He forget he was writing for SciFi fans or something?