Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Neo Rasa posted:

Everyone had to visit Vic Fontaine like every day almost once he showed up but Nog wanted to just spend a few days in there after going through some real poo poo and they had to hold an intervention.

Nog made it too real, he was killing the vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Vic is a better therapist than the actual therapist.

Garak's takedown of Ezri is devastating.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Verviticus posted:

does 'you are cordially invited' count as an obrien must suffer episode

O'Brien's own wedding episode counts

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nebakenezzer posted:

Similarly, it always irked me slightly that the Vorta are described as having no aesthetic sense, and I'm sure that's impossible for an intelligent being

my dude have you been to nexusmods

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Polaron posted:

I always got the impression that the Vorta we see in the show are very, very different from the race they were before the Founders got their hands on them. Assuming such a race even existed and they weren't just created from scratch.

They outright state as much, the Vorta were barely-sentient arboreal primates uplifted with Dominion genetic engineering into their current state.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tulip posted:

It was extremely funny to me that they felt so low in their confidence about having an out queer character that it was couched as like, a sub-component of an extremely ~wild and crazy~ alien lifecycle instead of just like, incredibly mundane.

And they still caught a bunch of poo poo for it because of the kiss, so.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

what the gently caress is going on in here

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

that said, don't get me wrong, I broadly agree that the feds were brazen as gently caress

The Dominion: hi, we haven't marked any claimed territory or even made you aware of our existence until now but uh, this is all our stuff and also we just murdered a bunch of unarmed civilians, go away now kthxbye

Anonymous Zebra posted:

The Federation, Klingons, Romulans, and Cardassians combined were no match for The Dominion. The combined powers didn't beat The Dominion, they beat a tiny fragment that was cut off from the rest by space gods living in a wormhole, and only at a huge cost. Remember, there was always an existential threat that MORE ships were just sitting on the other side of the wormhole, and the only thing stopping that was a minefield and later The Prophets.

There was no calculus The Founders needed to make. They were more technically advanced, had greater numbers, and their enemies were fragmented and easily swayed by Intel attacks. The only reason they lost (the tiny fragment of ships in the alpha, and 1 founder) was because of space gods that they couldn't have predicted would suddenly become active.

If the Dominion had actually done all the covert surveillance of the Alpha Quadrant they'd claimed, then they should have known that this end of space is lousy with capricious space gods that might snap them away on a whim and that that's one of the better outcomes of pissing them off.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yeah, that still sours the ending to me. People whose family/friends died of pneumonia or childbirth or her Joe Arpaio prison box should be livid and ready to GTFO, gently caress that pat bow-wrapped "oh we learned so much about ourselves slaving away in the Iron Age for decades" bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the episode was good but i think they should have played the klingon thing differently

the best way to do it would have been to do up Michael Dorn in TOS-style makeup while the Defiant is in the 23rd century, and - here's the really important bit - nobody notices or comments on it in any way whatsoever. the moment they're back in the 24th century, bam, he's back to the ridgehead we all know and love.

That would have been just been beyond