Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

docbeard posted:

So having just finished watching Picard, I, er, I liked it.

As, like, a Firefly revival or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 18, 2011

Modern worldly poster

My more serious assessment was that I liked it as a piece of sci-fi television, but it was not good Star Trek except for the episode where they camped out with Will Riker and his family for a few days.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Taco Defender

Enh, I liked Picard too overall. I'm not going to rank it alongside the 90's series or anything like that but it at least felt more like Star Trek than mega-grimdark Discovery. It was better than Nemisis, and thus if nothing else a better end to 90's Trek. I'm cautiously optimistic as to the future seasons. Honestly I think it might have worked better as a miniseries where Picard (spoilers on the off chance anyone hasn't seen it yet) stayed dead at the end. I'm not really sure what else they have to do going forward, it felt like they really wrapped up everything they presented his character as having been dealing with for the last few decades. My ultimate hope, since Patrick Stewart isn't going to want to do more than a few seasons, is that it'll set up some spin-off for the 25th century in the Prime universe as a more traditional series like they did with Pike over in the Discovery universe, which I can't accept as anything but an alternate reality since it's so weird.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

There ain't no need for ya
There ain't no need for ya
Go straight to hell, boys

Was it ever explained why Cumberbatch Khan is so pale?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Taco Defender

I think there were some behind-the-scene mumbles about Starfleet Intelligence or Section 31 or whoever giving him a new face so he wouldn't be instantly recognized in the field as Hitler2, but no, nothing was ever said on screen about why a man named Khan Singh was Anglo-Saxon as gently caress.

oh but seriously I
Sep 26, 2019

Do you ever wonder if there are other planets out there
(source)

I mean... we all know why.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nu Trek: I mean, we all know why.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

"When I started here all there was was lampshade warehouses and leather bars, the serious leather bars where you wouldn't get in unless you had a rubber ball stuffed in your mouth, the wine list was tattooed on the bartender's face. That kind of place."

-Bogus Adventure

oh but seriously I posted:

I mean... we all know why.

mind the walrus posted:

Nu Trek: I mean, we all know why.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

more like No Trek

«3 »