Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
thanks tighclops

TBH I have not seen any nu-trek, despite loving star trek, and sort of doubt I ever will. I mean, I love Star Trek. I love Star Trek. but tbh I don't care for anything I've seen described. I'll try the pike show if it goes back to basics.

If I do watch nu-trek I expect I'll view it like high-budget star trek fanfilms. it will never really be integrated into my view of star trek.

though to be clear, I don't count Enterprise either. Or the JJ films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
one thing I hate: zoomey cameras and too many action shots

someone linked a zoomey camera shot from discovery and i wanted to barf. there was absolutely no reason to make the camera do any of the things it was doing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the moment I definitely decided was "the furthest possible point arguable to be star trek" was the moment in the 09 film where vulcan was destroyed.

so vulcan's hosed. and romulus. and cardassia prime. and quo'nos although somehow i guess their moon... recovered or something

UNLESS YOU'RE ON PLANET AMERICA YOU ARE hosed BECAUSE EARTH! IS! THE! BESTEST! :911:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Kirk is canonically super well-read. Hell, he gets old books for his birthday

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I actually hate Quinto as Spock. He seems like a nice guy, but holy crap I thought he did that role extremely poorly. Peck seems good from the clips I've seen.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
No, money covers it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tighclops posted:

did emos even survive past 2010? I thought they all died out like the Markab in Babylon 5

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Starfleet issue girdle would be a great username

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Peachfart posted:

No, a single JJ Trek movie(Beyond) is decent, not great.
Personally I think all of the TNG movies kinda suck. First Contact being an okay movie, but a garbage Trek movie.

All correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

If anyone thinks that Tarantino Star Trek is actually gonna get pushed through production I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

iirc it's confirmed to not be going forward anyway