Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I just learned about this game a few days ago, and it looks like a blast. I'll be getting it tonight, and hoping to be scarfing down some humans over the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I really dig Nelly Furtado's Maneater. The drum beat is really catchy.

Game totally delivers on my sharkspectations so far. Alligators can go gently caress a duck though.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

It's basically Shark Souls.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I've found that using a hit and run style works well against Gators. Dash close, bite a time or two, dash away.

I've gotten far enough to hit open ocean, and I'm really enjoying the exploration, and just swimming around. It's like Abzu, except I can eat things.

The humour has been enjoyable too. Chris Parnell drying pointing out the pollution, and tons of media references have kept me giggling.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Do you eventually get a super jump that lets you reach some of these really high license plates?

My method has been:
Start submerged below the plate.
Dash towards the surface
After breaching, hit the jump, then dash again, then bite.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

It's pretty cathartic to go back to the swamp after you hit full size. Those gators that used to terrorize you as a wee baby can be grabbed right off the hop. Then it's shake shake shake, like a Rottweiler with a squirrel in its mouth.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I finished the main storyline last night, and now I'm just cruising around finishing up all the side missions. I really like the passive avoidance mutation, which makes smaller hostile fish neutral towards you. It's nice to be able to swim around without half the ocean life trying to take a bite of me.
One option I'd like for the post-game would be the ability to turn off the hunters. It would be a treat to snack on golfers and boaters with impunity for a bit.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Yeah anything that isn't an Orca or Sperm Whale gets thrashed to death immediately, it's just nice to not have the distraction when I'm trying to do other stuff.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Something that never fails to make me giggle is biting a human, jumping out of the water, and then tail-whipping them over the horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Just huge, nervous "what the gently caress was that" energy.

One of my favourite things to do while cruising around is to come up to the surface and just gently nudge small boats, just to make everyone freak out.