Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004
I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS.

Piss Meridian posted:

If you were building sexbots would you want them to be sentient?

https://www.apex-magazine.com/dolly/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

People still holding a grudge against Beast Wars over not being G1 is loving hilarious, because Transformers G1 is unwatchable unless you have a diving helmet's worth of nostalgia goggles.

Star Trek TAS is deeply underrated for pulling off some crazy ideas with a straight face. Like Kirk becoming best buds with Satan.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

SkeletonHero posted:

Criminally overlooked shooting game Binary Domain is bonkers.

Hell yeah, Binary Domain! Best B-movie game there ever was, and I'm seriously bummed out there hasn't been a sequel.

Oh, and you CAN save the French robot, but you either have to play super-optimally every time you have him in your party to score his affection boosts, or do what I did and use a trainer to max out everyone's affection

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

People still holding a grudge against Beast Wars over not being G1 is loving hilarious, because Transformers G1 is unwatchable unless you have a diving helmet's worth of nostalgia goggles.

Star Trek TAS is deeply underrated for pulling off some crazy ideas with a straight face. Like Kirk becoming best buds with Satan.

Or who could forget; the crew visit halloween planet with a magical witch and everyone is like "huh I guess witches are real, okay"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Calico Heart posted:

Or who could forget; the crew visit halloween planet with a magical witch and everyone is like "huh I guess witches are real, okay"

Even the less interesting episodes can have some interesting messages, including 'really freaky aliens are people too'. It's great when they encounter weird poo poo and make friends with it like it's Care Bears- of course, The Devil In The Dark was one of the earliest takes on that.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calico Heart posted:

These were from the same episode.

There was also the time Spock met a giant clone of himself

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The funny part is that on realising they're in a dimension where magic is real, Spock is the one who immediately gets the hang of it.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The funny part is that on realising they're in a dimension where magic is real, Spock is the one who immediately gets the hang of it.

To be fair, if magic is real, then it is no longer magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

He also backpedaled on the whole idea that it was comparing to real slavery. Which got undercut slightly because a black character makes that comparison in game

https://twitter.com/laufeysuns/stat...504818382245888

«3 »