Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Overall, Babylon 5 is pretty tight-paced and doesn't have a ton of bad "filler" episodes (season 5 notwithstanding.)

But there are exceptions:

TKO, from the first season. We're suddenly supposed to care that this best friend of...Garibaldi(?) is entering a NO HUMANS ALLOWED alien muay-thai deathmatch. We've never seen him before, and never see him again, who the Hell cares?

Grey 17 is Missing, from the third season. Garibaldi is kidnapped by weird cultists who live on a "missing" deck of the space-station they sealed off. They want to feed him to some loving alien monster that they, somehow, just have lying around. He survives by shooting bullets at it by putting them in a steam pipe. I want to say it was sort of a "tribute" to the Gorn episode of Star Trek, but it really fell flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Sunswipe posted:

Not the same writer, but there was an episode of Transformers where the Decepticons bring an asteroid into earth orbit so they can mine it for something, and it turns out to be an egg for a giant alien bird monster thing. I wonder if David Wise "borrowed" the idea from Superfriends.

In Beast Wars, which takes place a few million years ago, I think, there are two moons initially, but then one of them is a giant loving alien laser or something, and blasts Earth and turns half the transformers into the transmetals.

I know this instead of all the presidents.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Have you never watched it? Watch an episode like Rosa or Orphan 55 and then try to tell me it was written for adults.

On the other hand, Love and Monsters, where a woman is trapped forever in a Hellish existence of living as a blowjob-giving piece of asphalt.

You know...for kids!

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Aug 12, 2020