Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I absolutely hate Dr Who because it's so unrelentingly grotesque and morbid, coupled with a snobbish judgey hero who wags their finger at everyone. I bet all the companions who survived their tenure ended up as jaded alcoholics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

According to the Hbomberguy video on Sherlock they never explain how Sherlock faked his own death, and after a couple of episodes all the detective work happens off-screen.

You can easily flip Sherlock Holmes' gender, class, orientation, ethnicity, or nationality and the appeal of the character would still be recognizable. But if he spends more time on family drama than solving mysteries then you've missed the point. Now you're watching a stuck-up ponce wank off to his own cleverness.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I hate Harry Potter but I can easily understand the appeal. The problem with the attempts to expand and continue the brand is that it's missing the conceit that made the series popular in the first place. The character most important to the series success is Hogwarts, a boarding-school that people wish they could attend because of all the fantasy kitchen-sink stuff. Once you've moved on or exhausted that angle then all other flaws of the setting become paramount: the whiteness of the cast, the muddled moralizing, the paper-thin and frankly racist world-building. The biggest fault is the author trying to externally retcon the series to be more daring/diverse/topical than it actually is.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I stopped watching Farscape at some point early on before it's supposed to "git gud". It was after episode where Astronaut man gets all whiny, then gets stranded on a planet full of Hawaiians. He gets into trouble but they manage to win over the simple natives by convincing them the greedy puppet guy is their deity. Probably not as racist as TNG's "Code of Honor" but still something of a low point.

Goddamn, Babylon 5 cast reunions must be the saddest thing.

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 21:12 on May 18, 2020

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The best part is where they just gently caress off into space again to buy sex at a different planet and have a freeze-frame laugh, just forgetting the planet where multiple people are dead and their grieving families have no idea who murdered them or why.

The otherwise upbeat anime for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure had a somber moment where the narration says while it was good that the serial-killer got his head crushed by an ambulance, it doesn't help that none of his victims' families get any closure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

wrong thread

Inspector Gesicht has a new favorite as of 01:07 on May 21, 2020