Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Doctor Who, Love and Monsters. It's an episode about basically a Doctor Who fan club run by Peter Kay, who's playing a parody of the most irritating and unpleasant Doctor Who fan around. It turns out he's secretly a giant blob monster from the twin planet of the homeworld of a previously shown race that farts a lot, and he's absorbing the fan club into his body one by one. He's beaten by his powers overloading so he gets absorbed into the earth, then the Doctor resurrects his last victim as a paving slab with a face, and the episode ends with a joke about her and her boyfriend's sex life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah to be clear: the enormous fat blob monster who serves as the episode's antagonist and ruins everything for everyone is based on a specific real person who self-identifies as a superfan, had a minor role in production back in the 80s and thinks everything since has been poo poo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Significantly better than his other episode, the one about how Neil Gaiman really wishes he could write Borg stories for Star Trek, but that one isn't funny bad, just bad.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

despite being titled Let's Kill Hitler, most of the episode wasn't even anything to do with Hitler, it was all focused on the really terrible up its own rear end seasonal arc. Hitler gets punched in the face and shoved in a cupboard at gunpoint early on and I don't think he emerges at all

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

alexandriao posted:

I always figured that was clarke's law though

IT IS LITERALLY RATED "PG". IN OTHER WORDS, FOR CHILDREN. I have grown up in Britain and literally EVERYONE considers it a KIDS SHOW THAT ADULTS ALSO WATCH. Literally EVERYONE here who is into it WATCHED IT AS A CHILD.

I would have agreed with this post before I read it