Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

No wait, not that one

Hello hi I'm GAG and you might know me from smash hits like what the hell are thread tags and forgetting about moving the spaceship in time. Today I am with you with a project I talked about in the chat thread before, I've been planning this for a bit and I think the stars have aligned.
I'm into jigsaw puzzles. Recently when I was stuck in my office for three days all by myself I re-discovered the beauty of what they are and do and how incredibly chill it is to puzzle together a thing. Here's an owl I made recently:

And this is my official trademarked jigsaw puzzle table right now:

As you can see I am working on a Disney dongarium mermaid thing, because Ursula is hands down the coolest Disney villain ever.

I was reading about how puzzles were invented in the 18th century and how they were designed to be a learning and patience based solo experience and that got me thinking, why does it have to be solo? Can't I play with my best friends in the world? Well fear not, brave BYOB poster, we are about to make history!

I figured you could pay a publisher to craft you a custom puzzle with an image you upload to them. It has to follow some basic rules but otherwise you are free to go for anything, so obviously a BYOB jigsaw puzzle is in order.
The plan is to construct a nice image with your avs, pictures you want to add, a fancy background, whatever goes, then I'll order them at the European market leader for puzzles, German publisher Ravensburger, we wait for them to do their magic, then we can construct our BYOB puzzle dream together ITT!
I'm very excited for this, so let's start with making a nice picture happen.

Here are the technical details:
I plan to buy a 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzle, given the publisher's words a single piece will be at roughly 1.9x1.7cm in size, leading to a full picture of 70x50cm in horizontal format. Anything larger will hardly fit on my table during construction phase.
All images must be in general SFW. There is a lot of leeway here (the censored butt for example should be fine) but they refuse to print goatse, as sad as that makes me.
They told me that while avs and our own stuff in general is fine and cool, there are limits on copyrighted material, as they would break a lot of laws when printing those for financial gain. So no trademarked logos and icons, products or movie pictures or something, we got to stick with our own stuff here and I'll just hope they will roll with it. I *think* this should work out when we do this, but this is the biggest riddle currently and I might fight with the publisher a bit if they tell me we are doing too much internet stuff.
The final image needs to be a JPG in the regular RGB color model, the optimal format for this size is 4134x2953px. Note that during production up to 1cm of the edge might get blurry or cut out, so don't place anything too important there.
Colorful, bright images are easier to put together and also look better, as the final product will probably be darker than virtual images on a lit screen.

For example, this could be the framework we can put stuff in (go to imgur directly for the full thing):

It's just an idea, I'm open for any kind of background, this is just the BYOB color code (#9999FF if you need it) smashed behind the hammock kitten, so feel free to go for something else.

Just post any images you'd like to add, it can be your (current, former or future) av if you want to immortalize yourself in my home, your pets, your posts, pictures you found funny and so on! You can both just dump your pictures ITT and I'll add them to the frame, or you can do so by your own and decide where you want it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

and

my av is definitely copyrighted alas

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Goons Are Gifts

Rolling space cat dropping some posts

nut

at some point I lost all my yob vector logos I made. I have a back up drive they’ll be on but it’s not in the same part of the country I am :ohdear:

Heather Papps

hello friend

this thread has exposed how poor my file organization is

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

So do i, uh.. do I draw something?

Goons Are Gifts

I'm open for anything, just post whatever, I'll add it and then we just try to make it happen!
An official GSJG drawing would be insanely cool though, assuming you would be okay with a publisher printing it for that purpose!
I'd love to puzzle it!

FluffieDuckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

FluffieDuckie

i dare you to make that the whole puzzle and try to put it back together in the right order :laugh:

Ass-penny

Hey, I think this is a cool idea, GaG! Maybe my favorite feline companion could make the cut? This is Sweetleaf:

I know it's not bright colors or nothing... and if I had any photo editing software I'd lasso tool the cat out of the unnecessary background. Maybe some kind goon can help with that?

Also, fellow goon Skels made this cross stitch for me more than a decade ago. I think it's cool.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

FluffieDuckie

I love your kitty and the cross stitch is awesome

Goons Are Gifts

Sorry for the delay, let's see how this looks so far:

That kitty is on a throne!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

I love it.

FluffieDuckie posted:

I love your kitty and the cross stitch is awesome

Thanks, she's a real beauty, that's for sure. Back in probably 2008-9 there was a snail mail thread and I got a bunch of cool drawings and stickers and this cross stitch from various goons, and tried to return cool drawings back to people. I would really like to start that kind of thread again, but with the pandemic it is really just not the time for a bunch of internet strangers to start mailing each other physical things.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut