Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuskus

Wow wow a bee thread. Live report from this evening, introducing two specific bees:

Just drank the last moisture from this leaf:

Full pollen baskets- but it may be propolis.

Lots of pollen incoming, some cheeto orange:

Spot the queen. From 5/13:

I'm a first year beek & my mom and I have two hives, watch our five week check below full of rookie mistakes! I'm crashing with her during covid so I have a daily opportunity to observe! We'll check in on them again on Saturday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrs9-Wm1prU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuskus

The Shamanic Way of the Bee on the topic of the Queen posted:

In her solitary person she carries the destiny of all, and she is as a goddess whose life is devoted to selfless service within the dim light of the golden city.

Some beekeeper on Reddit posted:

I love the calm chaos of a swarm. The last swarm we had I convinced my kids to come out and walk in the swarm. No one got stung. They are not defensive when they swarm. It was challenging to keep our mouths closed while we laughed.

kuskus

Stanfield posted:

so the bee men took my bees away to keep them safe :negative:.
This makes me so angery I could spit!!
I'm doing a hive inspection tomorrow, so I will post results.

kuskus

Is it the course where the guy always smiles with an open mouth and turns his head towards his colleague without closing it or blinking? If it is, I was shocked at the part where they teach you to twist the queen's neck and rub it on the new queen cage so she's accepted sooner. It seems surprising and sinister.

kuskus

It's the very same and I really like the course, I just think the fella has curious mannerisms as a video talent! After that course I wanted to hop into the Master Gardener course... But I'm not near Pennsylvania and you need in person training. I may do it in my state with the Purdue extension.