Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

I want my child to speak Russian so I'm reading her books in Russian. My mom sent me some children's books as a gift, one of which is so hilariously racist I thought I'd post it here.

quote:

The wolf and 7 goats.
The wolf's heavy golden jewelry spells "wolf"

quote:

There lived a goat and her kids. She planned on going to the forest, so she gathered her kids and tells them: "Children, don't let anybody into the house. There's a wolf wandering in the woods. I'll come and sing: "Children-goats, your mom came, and brought milk!"

But the wolf was standing outside the window, and heard everything. Right when the goat-mom left, he knocked on the door and sang the goat-song with his rough voice. But the goats understood that it wasn't their mom, and didn't open the door.
The wolf spray-painted "the wolf is cool" on the tree.

quote:

The wolf went to the store and bought some chalk. He ate some chalk and his voice became sweeter, but not by much. And again he suffered failure with the kids.

The wolf went to the blacksmith who forged him a new throat - and his voice became thin, like a goat's. But the new throat didn't help - the kids saw his black paws and didn't let him in.

EDIT: The blacksmith "forged" him a new throat, not "dug". The words are similar. He's definitely a cyber-wolf though.

quote:

Not thinking long, the wolf went to the baker, to cover his paws in flour. The baker gave him flower. The wolf sat by the door, and put his paws out to show the kids that his paws are white, and he sang:
"Children-goats, your mom came, and brought milk! Open up!"
And the kids let the wolf in!

quote:

The wolf tore into the house, and the kids ran wherever they could. The wolf found them all and ate them. He only missed the one that hid in the clock.

Having eaten his fill, the happy wolf found a green area under a tree and went to sleep.

quote:

The goat mom came home soon after. She pushed open the door, which was unlocked. The goat came into the home and started calling for her kids. Only one kid came, and told her what happened.

The mom and kid found found the wolf right outside the home: sleeping and snoring. But the wolf's stomach had grown, since it was filled with so many goats. So his stomach burst, and out jumped the 6 goats, whole and unharmed. Everyone was happy! The goat mom filled his stomach with large rocks and quickly sowed it shut. The wolf woke up, felt thirsty because of the stones in his belly and went to the well to have a drink. The rocks pulled him in and he drowned.

I'm sad because I would have loved to read stories to my daughter about a blacksmith-enhanced cyber-wolf killing goats. I mentioned that this book was super racist to my parents. My mom said she didn't look at the pictures when the bought the books and my dad tried to argue that it's not racist because plenty of white people also wear their pants super low.

Russia is insanely racist and terrible but I didn't expect to receive children's books this bad. One of the other books we received mentions a little girl who is so dirty her legs look like an n--'s.

Tomfoolery fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So wolf, bear and a deer fall into a hunter's trap - a deep hole.
They sit there for days and at one point the Wolf goes:

- Hey listen, we are all forest brothers. There is no need for all of us to die.

And bear:

- Sure, we need to eat. We have to look after each other.

Wolf:

- Yes, so bothers, with all due respect, let's look at our situation. I'm a predator, I have to eat meat. And you, Bear, you are a carnivore you also need meat.

Deer:

- Ok, guys, I understand I am herbivore, you are predators and carnivores and you need meat... I understand. I just have one last request.

- What is it, Deer? We are your friends and forest brothers. You tells us, We will do anything for you.
- Well, I have a tattoo on my butt, some human branded me, I don't know what it says. Could you read it for me?
- Oh sure, of course, we are forest brothers.

And so both Wolf and Bear get behind, and Deer strikes both with hind legs.
Kills Wolf outright.

Bear laying there all bloodied:
- Why the gently caress did I do that?! I can't even read!!!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Damnit, now I want a "BONK" chain.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Its sad that prejudice against wolves lives on to this day.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think the blacksmith and the baker bear some of the blame.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The wolf hosed me

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What did the blacksmith do to change the wolf's voice? I can't imagine that fitting the wolf with horseshoes would do much.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sunswipe posted:

What did the blacksmith do to change the wolf's voice? I can't imagine that fitting the wolf with horseshoes would do much.

He jabbed his cock 'twixt the wolf's vocal chords and gently caresséd them to smithereens.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You can just say "Russian Children's Book," OP.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
why does the hero of the story have die at the end? I guess I just don't "get" russian literature

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

He jabbed his cock 'twixt the wolf's vocal chords and gently caresséd them to smithereens.

Can't see what OP is complaining about, this book is awesome.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hammerite posted:

why does the hero of the story have die at the end? I guess I just don't "get" russian literature

It's what happens when you lust after the shining pink flesh of children

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

tbh if i was black id probably rather be depicted the way russians see me than americans

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

In the version I remember the blacksmith shoves a hot poker down the wolf's throat and somehow that makes the wolf's voice all high-pitched, but then the wolf walks by a peach tree and can't resist eating them all and it makes his voice low and growly again.

(also the version I remember wasn't turbo-racist)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Statutory Ape posted:

tbh if i was black id probably rather be depicted the way russians see me than americans

I mean they don't really hate them any less over there, there's just less black people for them to despise.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
In the comic series Fables, the Big Bad Wolf survives the classic bit where he ends up at the bottom of a river with a stomach full of rocks because he's the son of The North Wind, rendered in the series as the metaphysical egregore of honkiness in relation to his three siblings

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Daikloktos posted:

In the comic series Fables, the Big Bad Wolf survives the classic bit where he ends up at the bottom of a river with a stomach full of rocks because he's the son of The North Wind, rendered in the series as the metaphysical egregore of honkiness in relation to his three siblings

I thought he was a bitch

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How do you tell which animals are black or Asian? :thunk:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

The black ones wear gold chains and baggy jeans, obviously.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Applewhite posted:

The black ones wear gold chains and baggy jeans, obviously.

And have their throat caverns destroyed by searing hot steel dildos.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Whybird posted:

In the version I remember the blacksmith shoves a hot poker down the wolf's throat and somehow that makes the wolf's voice all high-pitched, but then the wolf walks by a peach tree and can't resist eating them all and it makes his voice low and growly again.

(also the version I remember wasn't turbo-racist)

Wait does this work? Asking for a friend.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You see any white animals wearing "BONK" chains?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Sunswipe posted:

in all fairness if you tell me where to get one i will strongly consider it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

You're about to

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

It's what happens when you lust after the shining pink flesh of children

Some people are born to greatness, like the wolf. Frankly he is doing society a favour. Those kids are creating nothing but misery

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I bet a Russian Animal Crossing game would be insane

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Based on the photos it looks like the wolf mugged the baker to get the flour. And the blacksmith combined rudimentary metallurgic technology with hell-magic to create throat speakers that can reproduce any voice terminator-style.

The blacksmith is the real villain, especially if he made the belt that is somehow incapable of keeping pants on.

If you're interested I can post the book about an african cannibal who is about to eat two children but is then defeated by Russian Dr. Dolittle.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm BONK, and I don't much approve of the depiction of my kind here :colbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
BOnK

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Tomfoolery posted:

If you're interested I can post the book about an african cannibal who is about to eat two children but is then defeated by Russian Dr. Dolittle.

robert downey jr is not actually Russian

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

I thought he was a bitch
He totally was, but the series got cancelled just as it began exploring his character. He talks about how it's due to his existence as more a force of nature than even anything so mundane as the average Elder God and Bigby takes him to task about how that's bullshit, you're a thinking being and can choose to value and embody whatever you set your mind to. Obviously Bigby's correct, but (Post-100 general spoilers) right at the end of the series it's revealed he's omnipresent in every single gust of wind and snowflake on every world, and things like how the Empire's biggest magic gun it leaned on was just a unique subset of him. There's levels of extended cognition and agency and having seen himself reasonably shift his values that make him at least a bitch who's trying. (Big spoiler!) In fact one of my favourite bits is Bigby grappling with how in the end his dad admitted he was a fuckup and finally did one thing worth all the nobility he put upon.

Daikloktos fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 18, 2020

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Statutory Ape posted:

in all fairness if you tell me where to get one i will strongly consider it

Maybe we can get a goon group order together from some Chinese factory.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Looks like a bad modern adaptation of https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_and_the_Seven_Young_Goats

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tomfoolery posted:

I’m not interested, but my weird friend is.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

This is obviously a completely different story, since the protagonist in the linked story isn't cybernetically enhanced.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Russia is pretty terrible but y'know what? Russian cops have probably never murdered an unarmed black person. Makes you think!

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Colonel Cancer posted:

Russia is pretty terrible but y'know what? Russian cops have probably never murdered an unarmed black person. Makes you think!
Notably beloved in Eastern Europe, the black peoples

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

That’s only because there is no penalty for a police officer killing a civilian under any circumstances in Russia, so technically the charge of “murder” is inapplicable.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Daikloktos posted:

Notably beloved in Eastern Europe, the black peoples

They aren't, or at least weren't, even a visible minority in Russia. Most people only see black people on TV in Russia.

Now, Russia is violently racist af against caucasians (the real ones, not white people) and just about anyone from middle East or Asia who have the misfortune of actually being within the country borders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
If you're an expert on what Eastern Europeans see between real life and television, can you explain why Alf was the number one show in the Ukraine for like thirty years? Just luck of the dub or is Alf like an archetypal uncle figure over there?