Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
milk is probably one of the worst foods tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sailor Cat posted:

Also, you know that most non-white adults can't digest lactose, right? I guess "not being white" counts as a "rare genetic condition." Jesus, five minutes on Google, it's not that hard

i think the continent of India would like to have a word with you.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sailor Cat posted:

It's not "non-variable," it changes and generally decreases with age; that was my point, dipshit
if a non-lactose intolerant person stopped consuming lactose for 2 months do you think their lactase production would still remain constant at their current "age rate"

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gary oldmans diary posted:

if a non-lactose intolerant person stopped consuming lactose for 2 months do you think their lactase production would still remain constant at their current "age rate"

I don't know, I'm not a gastroenterologist. I just know that a lot of adults lose their ability to digest lactose over time and it's not from a lack of trying

Edit:

Rutibex posted:

i think the continent of India would like to have a word with you.

Hence my use of the word "most"

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm a butt doctor and i know which guy is right but i refuse to say which one.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I would drink the gene juice that made me super strong, I recover quicker, and gives me a womb beater.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Salty Josh posted:

I would drink the gene juice that made me super strong, I recover quicker, and gives me a womb beater.

:chloe:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

We need to quit meeting like this Cough Drop.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I heard of eating placenta but the whole womb?!?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Sailor Cat posted:

I don't know, I'm not a gastroenterologist. I just know that a lot of adults lose their ability to digest lactose over time and it's not from a lack of trying
you say you arent qualified to know if a person may decrease lactase production in response to a lack of lactose consumption but then immediately assert that you do know that the amount of lactase a person produces cannot increase in response to the presence of lactose
it seems if you claim to know one you should also claim to know the other

downregulation of your bodys detection of lactose would suggest that you are still regulating amount of lactase production in response to lactose present but it takes longer adjust to a higher state of production

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 19, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Someone pmd me about bad medical advice being given out itt. To head off more I just say “if you’re earnestly taking medical advice from gbs on SA.com, I don’t know what to tell you.”

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

Someone pmd me about bad medical advice being given out itt. To head off more I just say “if you’re earnestly taking medical advice from gbs on SA.com, I don’t know what to tell you.”

So you're saying as a fuckman I should stop sucking his dick??

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactase_persistence posted:

Multiple studies indicate that the presence of the two phenotypes "lactase persistent" (derived phenotype) and "lactase nonpersistent (hypolactasia)" is genetically programmed, and that lactase persistence is not necessarily conditioned by the consumption of lactose after the suckling period.

While a variety of genetic, as well as nutritional, factors determine lactase expression, no evidence has been found for adaptive alteration of lactase expression within an individual in response to changes in lactose consumption levels.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
brb powering through 6 months of continuous toilet detonating shits in order to bootstrap my way into lactose tolerance, instead of just genetically editing my intestines like a civilized goon

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’ve never left the suckling period, why would I?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you must have the degenerate milk drinker mutation, regular humans get forcibly kicked off the titty whether they want to or not.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

you must have the degenerate milk drinker mutation, regular humans get forcibly kicked off the titty whether they want to or not.
i have 48oz cereal bowls in the amazon shopping cart saved for later section
after living with my non-dairy brother for 6 months my guts were violently lactose intolerant but thats no way to live. i think for most people even if they could get over lactose intolerance they wouldnt be willing to do what i did (especially since i had no guarantee of results)
my x gene mutant power isnt as cool as i wouldve hoped

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i am literally a butt doctor irl and my advice as a professional is to put things in there. it's the only way to improve the health of your hole or "holehealth" as we call it in the industry.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

for so long we as proctologists have always focused on rear end health intervention strategies when we should have been focusing on preventative hole health strategies. hindsight is 2020 is guess.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I am 100% certain gene therapy techniques will lead to incredible advances in proctology

For example, think of what would happen if you inserted the genes for fugu toxin into the anus

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Who cares it tastes great.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Cyril Sneer posted:

Who cares it tastes great.

Shewt, get me some Promise Land Chocolate milk any day. Have a side of brown sugar cookies too.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I am being attacked. Mods, take care of this evil demonic force.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

I am 100% certain gene therapy techniques will lead to incredible advances in proctology

For example, think of what would happen if you inserted the genes for fugu toxin into the anus
auto-brewery syndrome is already real without gene manipulation. people walking around helplessly drunk all the time

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Name a food worse than milk that isn't just some rancid bullshit like sharks fermented in piss or rotten bean mush

Give a gene to cows that makes milk something other than tit juice that smells bad and tastes bad and I'll consider revising my position

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Hell Yeah posted:

i am literally a butt doctor irl and my advice as a professional is to put things in there. it's the only way to improve the health of your hole or "holehealth" as we call it in the industry.

Suck the disease directly out of my healthhole

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Code Jockey posted:

I want to be a good poster, inject me with good poster gene therapy

I can only produce so much genetic material a day!

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

i think for most people even if they could get over lactose intolerance they wouldnt be willing to do what i did

:smugdon:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

what kinds genes one needs to ingest to get a bigger dick

I would also like to know this.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hell Yeah posted:

i'm a butt doctor and i know which guy is right but i refuse to say which one.

Do you keep your lactose tolerance longer if you butt chug milk?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

How is this stupid argument still a thing. Even if gary oldmans method of overcoming lack of certain genetic mutation by drinking substance that gives him violent diarrhea, against all odds, works. The question is why bother

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you say you arent qualified to know if a person may decrease lactase production in response to a lack of lactose consumption but then immediately assert that you do know that the amount of lactase a person produces cannot increase in response to the presence of lactose
it seems if you claim to know one you should also claim to know the other

Let me put it this way: I saw a medical professional, and she assured me that 1) becoming more lactose sensitive with age is common, and 2) if I'm still bloated and puking from drinking milk after a month of trying to bootstrap myself into lactose tolerance, then my tolerance is just gone, which is normal

So maybe some people can get their bodies to readjust, but I'm not one of them. Like I said, I didn't abstain from milk and develop a slight intolerance as a result, so your premise is already faulty. I'll trust the medical opinion of an actual licenced gastroenterologist

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Blockade posted:

That said, how about smallpox, but it also gives you a huge dick

That's bigpox.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
according to science the genes that control hog size are only active until you're like 20y/o max so these geriatric forums are poo poo outta luck unless someone invents puberty 2

altho you could add ribs directly to the dong if that's a thing you're into

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Mooey Cow posted:

That's bigpox.

As long as it's not smallcox!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Pizza
Feb 25, 2006

XeeD posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, here comes Mongo.

:golfclap: