Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Halt the plan immediately and follow these up with The Guest, Robocop 2014, and Chappie.

At least add these to your watch list OP, in case your SO is interested in some alternative takes on Cptn America, Warmachine, and Vision

Plus they are fun in and of them selves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Ang Lee's Hulk too!

Edit: Raimi's spidermans

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

And why not poke fun/criticize this guy's imposed limits to just the semi official Disney studio mandated universe post-2008 or whenever the cut off is

Like at least ask why no X-Men or blade? if his SO is interested in SciFi superhero stuff that originated with marvel comics, those series outta be "essential", they're certainly no worse than the iron men!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I have just been informed that the OP, his girlfriend and indeed his whole family, are dead.

Killed!

By the toxic opinions of others, about robot man 4 or whatever. At this time, we have no motive. Perhaps we never will . .

:rip:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

The whole irl history of the CIA in Africa kinda taints whatever positive cultural significance the movie could have; sorta it covers it up unless the viewer was already aware!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

OpenSourceBurger posted:

I think my major issue isn't people hating on the MCU, whatever it's cool people like what they like and dislike what they dislike, it's just this subforum seems to revel in being nasty, smug, and holier than thou over everything. Like aside from the horror movie megathread it just seems like there's no actual enjoyment of film, just a desperate race to be the most witty and mean person here.

That's the case the forums over. I find goons often freak out over a 'tone' that is sometimes completely unintended/not even present, as well as carry a grudge, so whatcha gonna do?

Not share your take on Yoda or Batman because someone out there will accuse you of being arrogant for not agreeing with a take you think isn't as solid?

:justpost: a forum's discourse is only as good as it's participants posts, lurking until it reaches a 'better' place means waiting forever. Join in, and relax!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I am the End-Boss of this thread.

In order to defeat me, you must curate the MCU for me. You must curate these films as though I am a first-time viewer. I expect a solid rationale.

You have one day to stop the complaint, and save your planet from death.

See, to me this is obviously not the post of a joyless intellectual snob. I suspect the man behind this avatar is having fun arguing about superhero movies, and even if I totally disagree with him, does that prevent or steal my good time? Why or how should it?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

CD's sneering disregard for it's reputation in gbs was always a point in its favor imo

Bring back the goofus-goonlant comic images I say!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Scene: a damp and humid day at the old Movie Arguing Stadium

Goonfus: (drunk) " . . this mascot he thinks he's better than me!??"

Goonlant: (admittingly also drunk) "Well I mean, can you caper like that?"

Goonfus: "ANYONE CAN!!"

Goonlant: "I dunno bout that bud, but if you - "

Goonfus: "He's eyeing me off!!"

Goonlant: "Calm down, those probably aren't even his real eyes."

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Just on the off chance that the OP has somehow survived our very deadly and inescapable scorn and is totally fine

James Woods posted:

Feel free to poo poo up this thread with any horrible opinions you may have about comic books, Marvel, or why no matter how much you shake it you still get a little down your leg after taking a piss.

Edit Edit:

If possible please use your erudite wit to remind us that there are several movies more deserving of our time than MCU films despite them being the most expensive and expansive venture in cinema history.

1) do your Kegel exercises folks. It will help you in all kinds of ways, including better bladder control. If leakage persists, please see a doctor

2) Universal's Monsters and the Godzillas are both bigger (and better!) movie universes than the MCU, and adjusting for inflation account for more money spent/earned*

*probably, I'm not a math guy, but it feels like a safe guess. Someone page Mr Bibs!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Someone needs to tell that guy in the other thread posting about superhero pizzas that we're not allowed to have fun or be silly

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 10, 2020

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Uhh I don't think this version Ares needs humans to exist

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

He's a fictional character. He needs whatever the writers need him to need. If him being dependent on human conflict would make for a more interesting ending, they could have just written him that way.

Of course, but I didn't get the impression that the movie was going with that angle. And even if it did, that wouldn't necessarily change Ares encouragement of WMDs - it would make sense for a god of war to lack self preservation.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Why won't you make me happy? You must desire my unhappiness! How toxic

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Also, our posts are not our persons, we all make bad posts sometimes and it's ok to tease each other for them

There's no need to get upset that strangers scattered across the anglophone world have different taste/politics than me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

OpenSourceBurger posted:

The difference is Kvlt is generally sticks to one thread (the horror thread) and at his absolute worst he just doesn't use capslock and is weird in how extreme he likes his horror films. When he posts it generally doesn't turn into another full page extension because he has to make himself the star of the show.

Kvlt also isn't one the most ignored posters on the entire forums.

Did you notice how when SMG was probated this thread actually had discussion and debate and the loving second he got back it suddenly became another episode of SMG's Wacky Adventures? It's not funny, it's not interesting, it doesn't invite debate, it's just loving obnoxious.

More than half your posts in this thread are angry whining about how embarrassing we all are, why put yourself through such bad feelings, just stick to the movies