Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Why don't you like Dr. Strange? The plot is basically the plot of Iron Man all over again, but the visuals are pretty sick and definitely the most inventive in the series, and the whole thing is decently well made. Just make sure you watch it while high as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Also while I'm embarrassing myself I would like to plug Spiderman: Homecoming, which I found to be really delightful and the first Spiderman that really seemed to channel the spirit of the character I loved in the comics. Also the only one who actually looked and acted like a high school dork.

Far from Home was pretty meh though.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

QueenOfTheEvening posted:

Doctor Strange is a much more interesting movie when it's about him learning to accept his career is over than when he can do magic.

I feel like he never really does that though. At the point he starts learning magic he's still chasing a cure for his hands that will let him resume his surgical career, and then after a bit he realizes that being an actual sorcerer is cooler than being a surgeon and just does that instead. There's no point where he has to realize that he's not special, because he always is.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
OP should make his GF watch every Marvel movie and TV show, in release order. Then OP should make his GF read this thread. Then they will either get married or break up, no middle ground.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007

teagone posted:

One "not-so-obvious" thing in my recently generated list is that they're all movies I truly enjoy more than the majority of MCU movies, save for maybe a few of my top tier MCU picks (which I have listed earlier in this thread). I realize that kind of subjectivity isn't easily discerned through listed movie titles and their release years, so I apologize that my lack of explanation made you understandably upset.

So it's just a list of movies you like? I thought you were going for some kind of "First letter of each line spells something" gag, but this really is just noise.