Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

thekeeshman posted:

Why don't you like Dr. Strange? The plot is basically the plot of Iron Man all over again, but the visuals are pretty sick and definitely the most inventive in the series, and the whole thing is decently well made. Just make sure you watch it while high as gently caress.

drat. Beat me to my post. Yeah, Strange was a really fun viewing and I really enjoyed what it brought to the table for effects. It avoided too much of the “blasting lasers” problem that superhero movies fall into (X:Men Apocalypse and Wonder Woman are two that come straight to mind.)

It’s great in 3D as well!

I think it’s why I like thr MCU quite a bit more than DCEU. The MCU evolved and I think better understood the tone it needed to strike. Around Winter Soldier, stories become a bit better and by GotG they start to nail the tone and humor. They’re not cinematic masterpieces, but a lot of phase 3 benefits from the learned experience of the previous years of movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU