Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

just, an old starship with a misfit crew and a captain willing to do crazy poo poo because he knows this is the last command he'll ever hold in his career, and he'll be damned if he doesn't make the most of it

and when i say "misfit crew" i don't mean "assortment of human sapient trainwrecks with enough daddy issues to fill a comic book store" like BSG, but just like, a bunch of goobers and maybe a couple of stoners in there. like probably not your first choice for doing brinksmanship at the neutral zone with the romulaks, but, they're totally fine taking care of most poo poo.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I guess? It's sort of similar but honestly I don't get the impression that the Orville's crew are particularly goofier than the average Union starship, and the Orville herself - while not the biggest or most powerful ship in the fleet - seems like it's fully modern and up-to-date.

I dunno I'm thinking more like a miniseries on the last Constitution-class ship active in Starfleet, that's been kept in service longer than she otherwise would have been, in part because the captain and chief engineer have been scrounging parts and busting rear end to keep her out of sight of any Operations beancounters looking for an excuse to decommission her. Importantly it wouldn't climax with the ship getting trashed in a firefight, but would get to Save The Day one last time before finally being recalled for decommissioning.

If you haven't listened to Improvised Star Trek, you need to listen to Improvised Star Trek.

gently caress it, Ima make an Improvised Star Trek thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU