Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

No no, revolver

Ah, right. Well I got no clue, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

How's this for a scumlead

There's only two people who know that I'm actually Soag

Most people seeing an old Gaspy alt posting would assume that it is, in fact, Gaspy, not sosg who hasnt posted in 4+ years

Meanwhile you, bif, were very loving fast to assume that I'm Soag; the only way that you would know that I'm soag rather than any other auspoler using a dead Gaspy gimmick account, is if you've spoken to either of the two people who that I'm actually me... For example, in a SCUMDOC

##vote bifauxnen

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's day one chucklefuck what else do we have to go on

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Venom Soag posted:

I'm serious about this train let's all jump on board and ride it all the way to lynchtown it's our best chance yet

:psyduck: I thought you being Soag was common knowledge :psyduck:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Mr. Humalong posted:

New thread title

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anyway, apologies for being quiet - actually had the day off work yesterday so that meant taking SMG to pre-school and hanging with SSMG all day. It was a good day :3:

Being the weekend posting will still be sporadic - got parenting to do - but I do agree with this

Venom Soag posted:

You can't find scumleads on day one and anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
This is a very odd tangent to wake up to and I'm sure I'm not alone lol.

I mean honestly, gimmick account ownership spec and red string addiction to gaspy?

All the guy does is post

"Hmph *nods approvingly*"

Gaspy is basically Shadow the Hedgehog.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Lmao

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

It's day one chucklefuck what else do we have to go on

Maybe something a little higher quality than the mafia equivalent of “5G caused COVID”

Like fuckface (not you, the poster actually named fuckface) lurking

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
lots of weird overreaching happening here. Someone knowing or guessing who's behind the account isn't proof of anything, and honing in on that is causing unnecessary distractions

Mr. Humalong posted:

##vote Venom Soag

Being the weekend posting will still be sporadic - got parenting to do - but I do agree with this

You can tho. Especially if you know enough about someone's play style, once jokephase is over you can pick up on some good clues. It's why I targeted iajanus on n1 in the last game--he was acting pretty much as he usually does when he's scum.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Before Times posted:

You can tho. Especially if you know enough about someone's play style, once jokephase is over you can pick up on some good clues. It's why I targeted iajanus on n1 in the last game--he was acting pretty much as he usually does when he's scum.

That requires a bit of meta that I'm out of the loop on, before this week I hadn't mafia'd in years.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
There’s a lot going on here.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Already thought Beet was scum so Bif/Beet scum team makes a lot of sense.

And Bif claiming it’s common knowledge VS is Soag is uhhh

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

That requires a bit of meta that I'm out of the loop on, before this week I hadn't mafia'd in years.

I mean same. But it started to come back to me once I made some effort to look for scum.

Speaking of which, FUCKFACE has fewer posts than I do and should stop lurking.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Scumbros to the rescue

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Quick Robin, to the scumphone!

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also the fact that as soon as VS hit Bif with the scum slip she instantly directed a tonne of stuff towards me , half of it non sequitirs or only semi-relevant callbacks is definitely her drawing attention away from Beet.

##vote Bifauxnen

Come to think of it I think those two haven’t been really engaging at all this game.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Venom Soag posted:

Scumbros to the rescue

Literally my other scum pick.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Already thought Beet was scum so Bif/Beet scum team makes a lot of sense.

And Bif claiming it’s common knowledge VS is Soag is uhhh

Wait, so not only are you gonna act like I couldn't know who Soag was, when you do expect me to be some on-the-ball meta mastermind to know who Revolver is, you're gonna act like I heard it from Beet instead of you?

I was expecting you to just sidestep everything with more enigmatic bullshit, but this is ~disingenuous~

##vote Gaspy

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Can we avoid another game of meaningless alt chat, unless it impacts the random role allocated. I don't care, dont understand it and it doesn't help find scum.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Or maybe it's just disingenius

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Also the fact that as soon as VS hit Bif with the scum slip she instantly directed a tonne of stuff towards me , half of it non sequitirs or only semi-relevant callbacks is definitely her drawing attention away from Beet.

How does this even make sense, you're the one I was arguing with about the Revolver poo poo

And you still haven't told me either

How was I lying

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Wait, so not only are you gonna act like I couldn't know who Soag was, when you do expect me to be some on-the-ball meta mastermind to know who Revolver is, you're gonna act like I heard it from Beet instead of you?

I was expecting you to just sidestep everything with more enigmatic bullshit, but this is ~disingenuous~

##vote Gaspy

lol there it is.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Since now I know you were town that game Gaspy, so you must not have been trying to just frame me up as scum and that must have been a real personal opinion, why did you believe I must have been lying about Revolver

And who is Revolver then if it should be so obvious to me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This all feels very performative

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Meanwhile Anidav is just hanging out, posting Absolutely nothing of any substance, pretending to be clueless, but still enough to make it look like he's doing stuff

Never not Lynch Anidav imo

But bif still #1 scumpick

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

This all feels very performative

Oi that's my line

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That’s all completely irrelevant to this game and you’re trying to divert inquiry away from your slip so forgive me for not indulging you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

Meanwhile Anidav is just hanging out, posting Absolutely nothing of any substance, pretending to be clueless, but still enough to make it look like he's doing stuff

Ok sure I'm scum with Gaspy you got me, please vote him first though since, as you know, I am no longer good at mafia so he's the bigger threat

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

That’s all completely irrelevant to this game and you’re trying to divert inquiry away from your slip so forgive me for not indulging you.

It's not irrelevant because you are actively pretending a totally bullshit response

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

At this point I feel like lynching bif would give us some good indicators

If bif is scum, then probably MMG and probably hambeet is also scum and Gaspy confirmed town

If bif is town then this trick that Gaspy is pulling looks kind of suss

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok sure I'm scum with Gaspy you got me, please vote him first though since, as you know, I am no longer good at mafia so he's the bigger threat

Lol desperate much, scummo?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

And what "trick" would that be, you seem to be able to recognise already that he's up to something

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tying a whole bunch of people to you

Maybe he's right maybe he's stitching them up idk

But you hosed up big time bif you made a genuine scumslip tbh, Gaspy is just reaching hard

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hell if anything it's Beet and Gaspy, since when does Gaspy even ever change his vote from what he threw down in opening jokephase with no explanation, all that noise before must be a huge bus imo

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Hell if anything it's Beet and Gaspy, since when does Gaspy even ever change his vote from what he threw down in opening jokephase with no explanation, all that noise before must be a huge bus imo

:allears:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Venom Soag posted:

At this point I feel like lynching bif would give us some good indicators

If bif is scum, then probably MMG and probably hambeet is also scum and Gaspy confirmed town

Yep you've cracked the whole game wide open.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Venom Soag posted:

drat dude you're pointing fingers everywhere. Are you sure you know how to play Mafia because you look very irrational and silly.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Dude Gaspy just threw beets name out as possible scum with you, why would he bus another scumbro

Also it's not without an explanation, he was pretty clear in his explanation that it's far from common knowledge that I'm the real OG soag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

If Bif flips town I’ll eat a lynch but I really don’t think I’m in any danger.

Bif as soon as I was like “this Anpu imitation isn’t really cool with me” you doubled down hard on how important it was to to keep RA in the game. If you didn’t know who they were it makes literally no sense.

BUT. This is a distraction. Not saying any more on it. You’re welcome to discuss it with me NOT in a game of mafia, if you’re not using it as a cover.