Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Let's see if I can survive night 1 this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Fuckface the Hedgehog posted:

Are we still following tradition of turbolynching Anidav day 1?

nah turbolynching is bad now

Anidav remains a terrible mafia player though

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

In this tumultuous era it's nice to know that some things never change :allears:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

lol at thinking skill has any place in this dumb party game

I can see why someone with no skill would think that!

I, on the other hand, am an expert at guessing

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

Rude and also incorrect.

After all I did for town that game, the disrespect was unconscionable.

Excuse me, your actions got an extremely pro town serial killer killed on night one!!! not that town needed any extra help in that game tbh

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

lots of weird overreaching happening here. Someone knowing or guessing who's behind the account isn't proof of anything, and honing in on that is causing unnecessary distractions

Mr. Humalong posted:

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen

##vote Venom Soag

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Being the weekend posting will still be sporadic - got parenting to do - but I do agree with this

You can tho. Especially if you know enough about someone's play style, once jokephase is over you can pick up on some good clues. It's why I targeted iajanus on n1 in the last game--he was acting pretty much as he usually does when he's scum.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

That requires a bit of meta that I'm out of the loop on, before this week I hadn't mafia'd in years.

I mean same. But it started to come back to me once I made some effort to look for scum.

Speaking of which, FUCKFACE has fewer posts than I do and should stop lurking.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

Is this a vote for soag because it’s a dumb argument or do you have more meat?

It's a dumb argument AND it's just weird for someone who is an experienced player to drill down so hard on day 1 and derail the conversation completely

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

The Before Times posted:

It's a dumb argument AND it's just weird for someone who is an experienced player to drill down so hard on day 1 and derail the conversation completely

someone who isn't you or bif, that is

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

None unfortunately. I thought it might lead to some clues as to if it was legit scum trying to throw shade or a townie slapfight.

Now I'm annoyed i only have one lynch vote a day, and the whole thing has made me dumber for it.

What are your reads then? Who are you leaning more towards voting for?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

I finished my hike and none of you fuckers are closer to making up your mind

Just Lynch me already and when I flip town at least you'll know that the people who are clearly not out for me (Gaspy, fuckface) are probably not town and that some of the people gunning hard for me ( beets Anidav ) might be scum

##vote venom Soag

Voting for yourself has to be one of the worst possible moves lmao

Alright, pure stream of consciousness post incoming:

Honestly, the bif/soag/gaspy thing I don't know. It could be a mastermind plan between the three of them, or it could be gaspy and soag being loud fuckers because, well, they are loud fuckers and bif has either gotten caught arguing with them or is using it as distraction. It looks to be a make lots of noise on day 1 tactic.

Humalong straight off the bat accused me of being scum, and hasn't said much of any consequence since, with the exception of accusing gaspy and soag. Its just been low content noise posts. Ive never played with them, but they seem to be pulling the same thing soag is on bif, just less annoying. Humalong accusing gaspy and soag quickly early on would allow them to quote that later to distract if the heat gets on them and they need a distraction

So im guessing Hymalong, Anidav, Vote1 and Tommu have been pulling the low content short posts to keep out of contention and try not to be turbolynched.

MMG, Hal, and SHALASHASKA HAWKE started off strong and have gotten real quiet.

Beet is lurking, you're lurking, Ive been lurking and Cloner has been lurking. Ive been lurking because i haven't played in a while, and wanted to have a think and see what people busted out with, which probably was a mistake.
I'm of the opinion that the lurkers may have roles, but beet is probably a better player than that, and I'm not good at mafia. I don't have a good read on you, The Before Times.

soag is pretty loud about lynching bif, but at this stage its a crapshoot.

I want to say soag and gaspy as scum, but I cant tell if its because they are scum and trying to muddy the water or because i want them to shut the gently caress up.
I think Humalong because of as i wrote earlier.

But at this stage who knows? we will have to read more into it.

not awful takes there. thankfully the derail seems to have calmed down (I fuckin hope) and anyone who has been intimidated into lurking can come out of the woodwork

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Hint: it's wrong

Are you meaning to look at uninvolved people who had been posting more before? Cause that might not be a bad take except it gives Gaspy an out

Hard to gauge who was doing this, because your stuff with Soag basically ended jokephase, starting with you voting for VS. Aside from something fucky (as per usual) in the gaspy-bif-soag-beet business,

Hal was fairly active before that but if they're in a different timezone (I really can't remember if they are???) that could also be the cause of it.
Cloner and Anidav nothing but white noise at the moment
Vote1 similar but maybe slightly better than Cloner and Anidav.
Humalong also really has nothing to go on, but is also different timezone iirc so...I'll check back with 'em tomorrow.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Lmao here's an interesting thread:

Venom Soag posted:

Calling it now: watch the next scum trick, it's going to be accusing me and Gaspy of working together

MMG directly replies:

I thought you and Bif slapfighting was more of the scum tell if you ask me :)

then follows up straight away with:

To be honest though I'm feeling two things right now:

1. Confused
2. That I'm town

Scum directly responding to someone posting about what the next scum trick is gonna be, then trying to cover up their slip with "I'm town" in the next post

##unvote
##vote MysticalMachineGun

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Seriously TBT, your whole case here is "Soag said someone would post something specific, and you know what MMG did? He... posted! Scum tell!".

Next post after this is scum, rock-solid.

That's not my argument; in context with the follow up "I'm town" post it seems to me like a scum freudian slip with an attempt to cover your butt. I'm not saying it's water tight but it did ping me when I was looking through posts.

why else would you feel the need to post "haha but seriously i'm town" directly after unless you were feeling a bit self-conscious?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Weird to ignore meme poster birdstrike in your white noise list.

assuming you're referring to Hawke, they didn't stick out to me as being particularly white noisey as they've contributed more than the ones on my list--but that's open for interpretation I guess?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

Wait for bif to come in now telling us all how this is a stupid move and she wants no part of it and we're all idiots she's not going to vote beets

Then when it looks inevitable she'll bus him so she can be all like, see I wouldn't vote for mybscumbro I must be town!!!1

Should've just let her do it THEN posted a gotcha.

scum vote for scum all the time, and it'd be disingenuous for an experienced player to try using that as proof of their innocence

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Anidav posted:

Sorry but why are you voting for cloner, the actual newbie while giving a pass on MMG who you say reads as a stressed newbie (when they aren't new to mafia) and also giving a pass to Fuckface who also isn't a newbie for what effectively is a very similar case on each? (weird posting)

I would feel the opposite here fyi, I would give a pass to cloner for being new and certainly look into Fuckface, maybe MMG but they died pretty early last game. Not an excuse not to vote for them but it sucks you know?

Day 1 suss is with fuckface and maybe TBT for saying that weird lupenlist thingo was good but I dunno on the odds of them rolling non-town 2 games in a row and i believe they are busy irl atm moving house or something. MMG distant 3rd.

Lets look at this post again.

This came out on page 14.

So let us look at the posts prior to page 14 that were apparently strong.

I read through all this poo poo and I think the real joke phase ended on about page 7.

MMG Prior to page 14 -

This is MMG "starting off strong" from pages 7-14 according to Hedgehog.

Hal Prior to page 14 -

This is Hal "off to a strong start" from pages 7-14 according to Hedgehog.

Birdstrike prior to page 14 -

Ect Ect.

When you break the "strong starts" section down to the components I simply disagree. Unless you mean strong start as in post quantity? But why bother mentioning quantity? It's mostly poo poo posting. Then Fuckface's original hunch is Humalong at this point for low content posting? But your strong starts are also low content posts and memery????

You are playing duck duck goose here but why?

##vote fuckface

I also feel slightly suss on Vote 1 for basically drawing straws with the awkward posters and picking one to vote for.

You know what, and I truly hate to say it, but anidav is right. it didn't stick out to me as wrong at the time but it's not a good look when you lay it out like that. I'm happy to vote MMG or Hedgehog today.

I really don't believe that the only way bif could have known/guessed VS' true identity is scumdoc, and gaspy's reaction doesn't pass the sniff test to me. I don't know or remember enough about soag's usual play style to see whether or not he's town grasping at something that pinged him or scum overblowing something innocuous on purpose

why do you keep saying lunch instead of lynch?

It's like when the Dutch killed and ate their Prime Minister as a final act of humiliation.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Honestly at this stage I'm thinking that at the very least we can launch one of you four and get some data out of day one with the flip; if this debate continues into day two it's going to be frustrating at best and simp;y not good for town regardless. If gaspy flips scum I'd be somewhat satisfied bif at the very least is not scum.

##vote Asphyxious

don't edit your posts

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

to be clear VS only edited formatting but still, don't edit your posts

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

I'll give Gaspy's claim to have a role the benefit of the doubt. If he's town Gaspy can have decent utility.
##unvote

##vote Fuckface the Hedgehog

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

hage, sex, location?

halal snack lunch!

just in time for Eid

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Gaspy saying he'd trust himself over a cop claim is scummy as poo poo - yeah, we could have a false cop claim but someone coming out with a cop claim D2 is putting a big target on themselves. If they cop claim D2 and survive the night, it's pretty clear to trust them.

Gaspy saying flat out he wouldn't trust a cop claim sounds like a scum set-up for D2, and Gaspy having played lots of mafia I wouldn't put it past them as a play.

Gaspy saying he wouldn't trust a cop claim over his own read is just classic gaspy lol. Something you should know pretty well!

I'm mainly suss on gaspy about how he responded to the vs/bif exchange. but I'm happy to re-read during nightphase

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

D1 is entirely about throwing poo poo at the wall to see what sticks. I'm throwing poo poo with some basis in posting and getting called out for it.

In fact, I've been called out almost every time I've loving posted. Almost like scum went "who should we turn the thread against today?" and settled on a few posters including me

Venom Soag posted:

Mate every single post you've made has required digging two miles uphill to try and explain why you're not as scummy as you look

:discourse:

Of course, always down for a lunch

We have 54 minutes to go and there's already tremendous heat on me. If I hammer fuckface and they're town I'll be dead about an hour into D2

Look, if you're town there's really no need to be so self-conscious about it. the more you sweat about it the guiltier you look.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Because he is scum, along with gaspy, who fake roleclaimed.

wait wat

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Saying you have a role isn't exactly a roleclaim?????

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Cloner of the Elks posted:

News just in: Claiming to have a role isn't a roleclaim

Claiming you have a specific role is a roleclaim because it then leaves it open for someone else to counterclaim

Venom Soag posted:

Tbt

Go back two pages and you'll also see a very dodgy attempt by MMG to sway the vote towards Gaspy through a very very dubious long game conspiracy theory

I think it might be relevant in the future

Yes I saw that

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

The Before Times posted:

Claiming you have a specific role is a roleclaim because it then leaves it open for someone else to counterclaim

AND can even be proven wrong with FACTS AND LOGIC sometimes

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

True, but in a non-role frenzy setup like this it's a big call

I really don't have any idea whether it's a role-heavy game or not, I think there's a few but that's my very limited information lol

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

:siren: how do you have this information :siren:

:siren: I'll tell you if it becomes at all relevant :siren:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

what happens if I do this? I think ##unvote

wyat the fycj ar eyou ding

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

what happens if I do this? I think ##unvote

you gently caress up a day 1 flip with ten minutes to go, that's what you do

The Before Times posted:

wyat the fycj ar eyou ding

I am still getting used to this ergonomic keyboard

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

chill, he's just giving room for someone to vote if they're paranoid about hammering

well that's very nice of him

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

hambeet posted:

it cuts off before she says "years".

cursed

I used a shorter version of the gif so it wouldn't take forever to load for people with lovely internet :colbert:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Tommu posted:

##vote tommu

tommu wtf are you even doing in this game if all you're gonna do is vote yourself and contribute almost nothing

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

He was also pushing the MMG wagon pretty hard yesterday, accusing MMG of being scum, prompting me to detail reasons why I thought MMG was scum,

then when MMG was like, EVERYTHING I SAY GETS READ AS SCUM!!, elk was like 'welp it's mafia it happens to everyone'... I feel at though, if you really believed someone was scum, the correct response is 'yeah, because you're scum mate'

Asphyxious posted:

Also also, they spend a lot of time asking other people to justify their reads and then their biggest contribution was voting for me because I was mean to them.

That’s not contributing, it’s not even playing mafia really,

I agree with these posts. I'm starting to think MMG actually might not be scum because his scumbros would have been absolutely foaming at him to stop posting the way he was yesterday. Would've expected him to quiet down or chill out somewhat after being called out if he was talking with scumbuds.

Tommu posted:

Birthday weekend got in the way of last game day but im reading forward

how dare you have fun when the rest of us are PLAYING MAFIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Venom Soag posted:

Unless his scumbuds were too busy having birthdays and being retrenched

God that would be the worst loving luck for scumteam but that is also a good point.

good for town though :getin:

Anidav posted:

I dunno about casing another "newbie" Gaspy. It was a miller this time but this one has only been in 2 games unless you absolutely believe there is some coaching going on.

New people just seem to post weird and I guess that includes people who've taken long breaks.

Also I don't get your sudden meta discussion truce at all. Is it a case of loving with people day 1 then offering an olive branch later?

All you've done is frazzled a bunch of people and make the game unfriendly to new players. A trend that carries over to your voting pattern.

A trend that so far has not been pro-town.

The question is if scum is to be found within your slippery Sherlock Holmes act or Soag's Rick Sanchez act.

Both are characters well past their peak.

new people do post different but new players who are scum also have more unforced errors, either way they look more scummy. based on what you've seen so far, who would you vote for today?