Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Pander posted:

Please tell me someone else sees it!

gonna quote myself again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

also fwiw I was *so close*, after noticing I hadn't posted since dy died but everyone else had, to claim that dy died protecting me and that chili tried to kill me.

it probably would have failed, badly, but man it woulda been funny. I just didn't have the balls to go through with it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The real tragedy of this game is that merk probably enjoyed it.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

what? i’m not scum, i’m also kind of confused but very happy to be here

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Look scum just come out with it if you've won, it's not very sporting otherwise.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

yeah we’ve won i was just trolling, like with the math stuff

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

could someone explain to me if the game is over, and if so, why?

There's 8 players, 5 town 3 scum.

Theoretically we just no-lynched dhaes. If that ends the day, scum get a kill tonight (assuming winvirus didn't hasten the NK), so 4-3

Why isn't it still a game? Is winvirus deffo scum? Does the dhaes lynch definitely end the day?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

winvirus posted:

yeah we’ve won i was just trolling, like with the math stuff

oh.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
If we didn't win the game is over one way or another, so

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

the only way we’ve lost is if merk is a Bad Mod and the day actually does NOT end, which is not written in the OP like voodoo’s ability, sooo

or, if merk is a Bad Mod who lied to us about hasteners ability to double nk

so either scum victory or merk bad mod

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Cidrick posted:

If we didn't win the game is over one way or another, so

Good game cidrick. You kept internally consistent about your reads, and stayed out of the way enough to let the town gently caress itself. You were always a "maybe?" like 4 or 5 names down.

My end game thoughts were

Voodoo: insanely town, you can't post like that and be scum
Keane: town. I know I pushed him hard as a possibility, but his response felt legit and he never fit as scum.
chili: so loving scum it hurts, I wish I hadn't been so wrong D1 or put off my reading him til D3.
dhaes: Made a lot of sense as scum based on the idea of distancing, finding the perfect scumteam, but looks like that theory was wrong and I shoulda trusted the effort he put in as sincere. My own meta is to trust the person posting the most, cause scum usually can't do that
wins: I thought was kinda tonwy, just disappeared. winvirus was insanely scummy, all his reads looked fabricrated, his swap to dhaes was completely against everything he was saying before that, wins using hastener N1 never made a ton of sense, and I shouldn't have dismissed the hastening-NK theory.
b-: it's like someone gave carrot top a cameo in schindler's list
cid: he played a pretty good scum game. Might have been caught if the scum didn't have a double NK tonight and we MYLOed.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I think the game fits with my own towny meta pretty good too:

listening to pander before D3: a terrible idea
listening to pander D3 or later: do it do it do it!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think I speak for everybody when I say this is all Jammy's fault.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Pander posted:

I think the game fits with my own towny meta pretty good too:

listening to pander before D3: a terrible idea
listening to pander D3 or later: do it do it do it!

oh you mean when you started to say i was scum? oh hmm

legit though, aside from my claim, i have no idea why you or voodoo thought i was scum

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Dhaes posted:

oh you mean when you started to say i was scum? oh hmm

legit though, aside from my claim, i have no idea why you or voodoo thought i was scum

Yeah. I held on too strong to the idea that since the oracle was insanely good for scum and bad for town, only scum would want it.

No, I was wrong, only complete goddamn madmen want it as town.

And you/chili/b- had such a loving weird mexican standoff going on there for what seems like all game, so none of you getting lynch felt to me like empty pushing and kinda laughing that it was going so well.

For as bad as the town felt all game, I think with chili getting so much heat D1 and wins D2, I don't think the scum necessarily felt like this was a laugher they were walking away with until they popped dy and it turns out he was the dramatic BG.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

winvirus posted:

the only way we’ve lost is if merk is a Bad Mod and the day actually does NOT end, which is not written in the OP like voodoo’s ability, sooo

or, if merk is a Bad Mod who lied to us about hasteners ability to double nk

so either scum victory or merk bad mod

even if merk were to make it not end the day I'm okay with calling this game what it was, a scum victory.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pander posted:

even if merk were to make it not end the day I'm okay with calling this game what it was, a scum victory.

I am not, I was hoping to bait scum into claiming on the off chance it doesn't end the day.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I am not, I was hoping to bait scum into claiming on the off chance it doesn't end the day.

the REAL moral victory is the technical minutia victory

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

CCKeane posted:

didn’t you JUST post about how it would be unsporting to not claim

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Pander posted:

Yeah. I held on too strong to the idea that since the oracle was insanely good for scum and bad for town, only scum would want it.

No, I was wrong, only complete goddamn madmen want it as town.

it really was a case of "oh i should submit something... high but im behind jammy so im not gonna get vig, what else? oh hey i've never seen an oracle this power seems neat lets do that"

and the discussion with dy during d1 made me feel like a giant idiot. tbh i almost claimed there

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

I think taking it out of scum hands was a perfect idea.

And dhaes I tried to do a hard reset starting day 3 and your eagerness to hammer yourself was what made me second guess you.

By the end I had decided I was going in with you as town and was just trying to do a final look at b- (because dy said to with his dying breath) but then the hammers reigned down.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

winvirus posted:

didn’t you JUST post about how it would be unsporting to not claim

Yes, but I'm a scoundrel.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

And well played you scummy bastards

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

i came in d2 and i nailed dy. as the bodyguard basically immediately. it wasnt cid or chili obv so if pander was telling the truth it had to be dy or dhaes and dhaes’s morning 2 reaction of “wtf no protects on highwire” felt weird to take if he was the bg so

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

winvirus posted:

i came in d2 and i nailed dy. as the bodyguard basically immediately. it wasnt cid or chili obv so if pander was telling the truth it had to be dy or dhaes and dhaes’s morning 2 reaction of “wtf no protects on highwire” felt weird to take if he was the bg so

I am so mad that the vote shifted off on wins you have no idea.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, gently caress that guy who wanted to vote Hal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

At least I didn't break your heart, friend.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Dhaes (5): Dhaes, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Dhaes, CCKeane, winvirus, b-minus1, Chili, Cidrick
Chili (2): Dhaes, Dhaes, Pander, Pander, Dhaes, Pander
Cidrick (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, winvirus, winvirus
Pander (0): winvirus, winvirus

Not Voting (1): Voodoofly

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 31st, 2020 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No lynch

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote: winvirus

WORTH A SHOT.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

CCKeane posted:

Chili and I were around and clenching really hard that dy was going to hammer wins any second, but out of nowhere Voodoo came along and saved us with that reasonable Hal execution instead.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Aw horsefeathers, it sure looks like we're in a pickle.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

bake em away, toys

##vote winvirus

exactly as planned

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Pander and b- both die. They’re town. Turns out winvirus is a hastener.

Game over.

cidrick, Chili, and winvirus win flawlessly.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Good game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Pander and b- both die. They’re town. Turns out winvirus is a hastener.

Game over.

cidrick, Chili, and winvirus win flawlessly.

I know that winvirus specifically did not kill me and I am mad about it.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We wouldn't have let him. The right move was to kill one and minimize the chance of running into the bodyguard.

But after the fits you were throwing leaving you in was too drat delicious anyway.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well played scumteam, that was a fun game to read after I died.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So our only hope of winning that day was lynching scum rather than no lynching.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Dhaes this was like the first game ever where we were both town and not bros :(