Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Pander posted:

So our only hope of winning that day was lynching scum rather than no lynching.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmm

Yep, and I couldn't believe nobody was figuring that out. Then you came along and just nearly ruined everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Chili posted:

Yep, and I couldn't believe nobody was figuring that out. Then you came along and just nearly ruined everything.

I was homer Simpson throwing pocket change and my camera at the murdering robots and accidentally figuring out the solution.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Well played scum folks. I love and hate you all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The draft was pretty good for scum.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Chili posted:

Some of us are slower than others. I came around eventually, but then it was 100 million thoughts about who was scum with you and Cid.

Then I read Dy's post about wanting B- killed until his dying breath which made me pause again (and ask B- to do something). I wish I had never read that post and just voted Cid or joined Pander on you like I was going to.

See, it was all Dy's fault.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Voodoofly was pretty good for scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I tried to bribe merk to modkill everybody but me but he refused.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I tried to bribe merk to modkill everybody but me but he refused.

CCKeane, town rolecop, has been modkilled!

I got your back man. I got your back.

At least we didn't break each other's hearts despite them breaking our will to live.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
By the by, I'm currently finalizing a game. It'll be closed set up. Anyone interested from this game would be welcome. I'll probably launch it in a couple of days. If you want a spot, pm me.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Man the town, myself very much included, really poo poo its pants that game.

I wifomed myself into protecting Cidrick on N1 instead of Highwire.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ill play, chili.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You know what I'm flipping the script, I did great.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

dy. posted:

I wish I could capture how hard I'm laughing now and just embed it in this post whenever someone scrolls by

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Pander posted:

Good game cidrick. You kept internally consistent about your reads, and stayed out of the way enough to let the town gently caress itself. You were always a "maybe?" like 4 or 5 names down.

Man, thank you, I appreciate you saying so. I find playing scum to be exhausting because I spend an absurd amount of time reading and re-reading every post I make before hitting submit to consider whether or not it would be something to say as a member of the town. I delete at least one post for every real post I end up making. At least in this game, it worked out pretty well, but it's probably because I have more patience now as an old man.

I wouldn't want to be scum again for a long time if I keep playing, that's for sure.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Voodoofly posted:

Well played scum folks. I love and hate you all.

I am genuinely sorry that we couldn't be town together. Some of my most enjoyable memories of playing Mafia are from being on the same side as you.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Cidrick posted:

I wouldn't want to be scum again for a long time if I keep playing, that's for sure.
Grass is always greener, man.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Cidrick posted:

I am genuinely sorry that we couldn't be town together. Some of my most enjoyable memories of playing Mafia are from being on the same side as you.

I'm your voodoo now

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Pander posted:

Grass is always greener, man.

This is true.

Chili posted:

I'm your voodoo now

So is this, but I have room in my heart for both of you.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.

Pander posted:

Dhaes this was like the first game ever where we were both town and not bros :(

no no.

always bros.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
cid, i honestly couldn't get a solid read on you one way or the other.

i thought you might be town but i wasnt sure so i reread you and thought well maybe you are scum actually then reread you and then nah he must be town so i would reread and yes he is scum but what if... all game.

i would have voted off chili easily. you and winvirus? i would have wifom'd myself to death and mislynched b-1 or pander

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick posted:

Man, thank you, I appreciate you saying so. I find playing scum to be exhausting because I spend an absurd amount of time reading and re-reading every post I make before hitting submit to consider whether or not it would be something to say as a member of the town. I delete at least one post for every real post I end up making. At least in this game, it worked out pretty well, but it's probably because I have more patience now as an old man.

It wasn’t until the last day I ever suspected you. And part of the reason I suspected you was because we were losing so bad and I was like Cid could absolutely pull this off with no suspicion at all.

Well played all of you but especially you Cid. Did you ever get a real vote before my last feeble attempts?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Voodoofly posted:

It wasn’t until the last day I ever suspected you. And part of the reason I suspected you was because we were losing so bad and I was like Cid could absolutely pull this off with no suspicion at all.

Well played all of you but especially you Cid. Did you ever get a real vote before my last feeble attempts?

Thank you, and thank you for inviting me back to Mafia. This was easily the most fun I've ever had as scum, as much work as it was. I think I flew under most radars for the first two days except for dhaes very early on.

Chili, winvirus, and I talked a long time about how I should claim, which is one of the reasons I vanished at the start of day 3 to give everyone else time to claim so I could figure out if I wanted to be vanilla or not. We were really concerned that there was a watcher/tracker out there, so each night when Chili or win* were doing their thing, I actually doc'd the people I said I did to build myself role and town credit when it came time to claim. Even with all of this legwork, winvirus nearly convinced me to claim vanilla, since he thought it wouldn't draw nearly as much scrutiny as claiming vanilla would.

I'm still not sure which option was better.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
We have a Discord that I can probably open up once I get clearance from all of the participants,if anyone is interested in reading it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick posted:

Thank you, and thank you for inviting me back to Mafia. This was easily the most fun I've ever had as scum, as much work as it was. I think I flew under most radars for the first two days except for dhaes very early on.

Chili, winvirus, and I talked a long time about how I should claim, which is one of the reasons I vanished at the start of day 3 to give everyone else time to claim so I could figure out if I wanted to be vanilla or not. We were really concerned that there was a watcher/tracker out there, so each night when Chili or win* were doing their thing, I actually doc'd the people I said I did to build myself role and town credit when it came time to claim. Even with all of this legwork, winvirus nearly convinced me to claim vanilla, since he thought it wouldn't draw nearly as much scrutiny as claiming vanilla would.

I'm still not sure which option was better.

I think you played it right. I can say you claiming vanilla wouldn't have changed how I viewed you at the end.

And I'm glad you and everyone else showed up. I sent like four invites super fast and was planning on sending more, but then you all just showed up.

DY: If you are still in the bay area we should definitely meet up once things are cool.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Cidrick posted:

We have a Discord that I can probably open up once I get clearance from all of the participants,if anyone is interested in reading it.

I enjoy other people laughing at my ineptitude so yes please.

Also anyone know if Wins is ok?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
We heard form merk that he is good, don't know much else though. We were pretty worried.

Also, making the game poster now and I'm having fun. Already got a few signups, any other takers? You'll be included in the poster!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Eh, nevermind. Not gonna clutter things up here, just PM me if you want in:

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

CCKeane posted:

It's geniunely useful to keep out of scum hands, kind of like how Jammy is the town MVP right now.

I would have definitely shot Chili N1 if you idiots weren't so easily led around like brainless monkeys.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

I very much have a brain, thank you very much. It may be wracked by prions but it's there.

Fwiw if cid claimed vanilla I have been way more suss of him than because he claimed doc. Dy not protecting highwire made me rethink whether doc cid should have, made me think it was possible for cid to also wifom himself away.

But I don't think town cid would have gone for cop as #2, because I think he'd not want to take the risk the #1 guy is town and took it. Doc made more sense as town.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...

dy. posted:

Man the town, myself very much included, really poo poo its pants that game.

You dingus. I was enjoying this game :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Looking at it again, I feel like this setup was beatable with a d1 mass claim. If scum made anything but the obviously best decisions town would make with the roles they had, they get lynched.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

merk posted:

Looking at it again, I feel like this setup was beatable with a d1 mass claim. If scum made anything but the obviously best decisions town would make with the roles they had, they get lynched.

Not sure how? D1 plan is cid protects highwire, Dy protects doc, nobody else can do much. I guess the question is who highwire targets with cop? If he targets town, Dy dies, if he targets cid, cid kils him and the scum exchange 1 for 1 with cop. Wins lies about using hastened charge n1 like winvirus did, on highwire.

All that assumes cid doesn't lie, of course. Dhaes probably gets badgered into losing his Oracle charge D1.

It'd be interesting and probably help town, but I dunno if it'd be any more bearable than this game was. This game coulda been figured out with a chili lynch d3, maybe, after all.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Hey folks, I'm sorry to have disappeared on everyone. I had some personal stuff crop up. Everything is fine now, but I couldn't handle playing and what was going on. I was really fun to play with everyone again and I hope we can all keep in touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Good to hear, you scummy bastard.