Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

You realize, of course, that everything I say is horseshit.
It looks like I was sent this link too late - have fun my dudes! :sharpton::pipe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Give Dhaes my spot if he wants it.

That would be awesome, thank you!

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m suspicious of this clearly fake dhaes who uses capital letters

Would it make you feel better if I called you a twatwaffle or if I made a post quoting you 6 times with no words except a vote? :wotwot:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

I just got off a two hour call where someone kept complaining about the "Chinese illegals" shutting down the country, and wasn't able to yell at them because that idiot has the sole ability to torpedo a bridge loan we need to refurb a destitute property that we seized from a slumlord so that, once it's occupant ready, we can move some elderly residents into the refurb housing so that we can then clean out the mold of their existing falling apart housing.

This game needs to open so I can yell at someone.

Scream at me, papi :allears:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

You aren't a big enough douche to substitute for a racist Silicon Valley VC idiot who started on third base with family money but pretends he hit a homer with his "engineering" skills. Seriously, he must have said "I think like an engineer so . . . . " ten times on that call.

Thanks for trying though.

I am racist. I hate elves.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Look everybody I'm going to be honest here, I am just going to tell jokes until day 3. If you have a problem with this, you're confirmed scum, because scum hate jokes.

Thank you for your understanding.

Elves are a joke.

:. I am scum

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

any day but saturday is fine with me

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

scum team is cidrick b-1 and chili

ending joke phase is no laughing matter

##vote cidrick

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

wins32767 posted:

I mean, I'm glad that you don't have a nicotine problem, but I'm not sure smoking meat is any better for your lungs.

(Am I doing it right Keane?)

this joke is awful but was the first time i laughed this game therefore wins is town

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

One of those thing is lot like the other.

It’s me. I’m town

nice try scumbo

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

dy. posted:

It seems kind of useless to the town. The town having the ability to prevent the lynch of a specific person isn't really useful. It would be suuuuper useful to the scum as it allows them direct protection from the town's major power, and could be straight-up game winning in the endgame.

I kind of agree with you on the scum picking town roles thing. One of the things that strikes me about this setup is that the town abilities are particularly powerful with no counters - guaranteed sane cop with no godfather, and zero ability for the scum to actually prevent a town role from acting or mess with their results (ie roleblocker, jailer, busdriver, etc). If I was scum I would probably go after the cop role just to prevent the town from getting it, because in this setup it could be a game-breaker, especially since the dramatic bodyguard role is also alignment-revealing.

couldn't they oracle themselves to prevent a mislynch?

I think the scum counters are exactly what you said, no assurances that town would draft those roles and the ability to steal those roles so... same information, different conclusion?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

dy. posted:

A townie? This would be like, good for the individual but bad for the town. If someone is enough of a target for the town to vote to lunch them, and they save themselves, it's just going to drag down the whole conversation for 2 days.

I'm assuming someone saved by an Oracle would not actually flip. You flip when you're dead, so if the lunch doesn't go through, you don't flip.

well ok but what about in lylo or whatever

it just kinda seems like a day doc to me

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

dy. posted:

It kinda is a day doc? The difference is that a day doc would counter the town's mechanism to kill scum, while a night doc counters the scum's mechanism to kill town.

oh. I guess that is true, isn't it.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Dhaes is mod confirmed town, wins.

yeah, he even sent me a pm that said that

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

man i bet chili is town. i remember like three games where town chili was slightly antagonistic and drew early heat and ended up being the first day lynch and flipping town.

most of that stuff is old dusty memories but i'm pretty sure that i'm right

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

make a case then, lets hear your thought process instead of baseless accusations

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like that very thing was a huge blowup in D1 of a WIFOA game back in like 2010

Thank you for validating my deja vu! I had a feeling it might have been one of these reunion games.

Its crazy how times flies. In my mind you are still one of the new guys even though you've been here for over a decade and back in the day I played countless games with you. I want to say you started playing only a few months after myself?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Yeah I used a night zero action to give merk two numbers, and then a role name.

uhm hello counterclaim that was my n0 action ##vote cckeane

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

hey where is pander? come talk with us friend ##vote pander

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

long day at work, here are my quick reads of everyone

Dhaes - pretty sure he is town, mod confirmed

Jamuraan - my best town read, i think he is town. his setup flub looked honest and if he were scum i think he would probably know whats up

CCKeane - keane has jokes but there is content if you read between the lines im leaning town, i liked his chili limpnoodle call out

Chili - his posts read like he is having fun with the game i think

dy. - i was going into this listing thinking most of hsi stuff has been just setup speculation but i looked at his post hx and its pretty solid, thinking town

Cidrick - pretty neutral here honestly, his posts after joke phase were low hanging fruit

Hal Incandenza - fairly neutral idk half of his posts are from before the game began who knows

Highwire - not many post game start posts neutral but if he is town he is probably going to be an action target

b-minus1 - none of his posts have any substance i dunno i have no meta for him but merk made a joke so i guess nothing is what he usually does thats fun

Voodoofly - i think he might be scum, gut read. he is posting a lot so i don't really want to vote him early because it will be easier to get a solid read later if that continues

wins32767 - gut scum read too, posts are a little weird but as with voodoo, he is posting lots so easier to read later

Spoonsy - best scum read thus far, its mostly gut though. just awkward.

Pander - wtf mate

so scum team is maybe voodoo, wins, and spoonsy

will vote those 3 and maybe also b-1 and pander

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

also if im right ill get night killed since literally the only times i get killed early are when i effort and get it right so there you go :snoop:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

More posts please. Like a good handful more

more posts that aren't begging pander to post more please. we all want that.

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

if he doesnt want to play i think the vig should shoot him and get it over with so we dont have to waste a lynch

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

It's really early come on merk I just woke up

I'm more comfortable with spoonsy than pander, mostly just a lurker vote. If the vig is town he'd be a great target

##vote Spoonsy

Voting on phone is a pain in the rear end

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Ngl I don’t understand this fixation on pander. Yeah he’s lurking but it’s a weekend and also day 1. It isn’t necessarily a scumtell imo.

The gently caress is this poo poo for real tho this is a daft as poo poo fake post. Voodoo isn't calling him scummy he is saying he needs to post. Is this a scum post defending a looking for a reason to defend someone they know is townie?

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Cause that is exactly what it looks like

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Phone sleep postingo woke up 15 minutes ago I hate this

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Why is the deadline so early fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

Uh, I didn’t call him scummy for doing it.

No poo poo it may be early but I can read I'm calling you scumbo-columbo

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Are you like a vig or something that targets bottom post count? Pander you should post I dunno what he's going on about but that seems like a merky thing to do

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

Chili posted:

We don't know voodoos alignment. I don't see any reason to give him what he wants right now.

That's true but look at what he is asking vs who he is asking

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

huh well ok ##vote b-1

dont like his posts today

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

merk posted:

Reminder again that this is majority lynch.

i dont remember is this the lynch with the most votes or we need 7/13 votes

like is the majority the one with the majority of the votes or the majority of the players voting them

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

merk posted:

7/12 now

thanks babe :toot:

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

ill lynch anyone over a no lynch

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

dy. posted:

I just woke up and haven’t really had a chance to process the last few pages. Biggest question is why Voodoo was specfically so against lurker judging Pander.

With the deadline looking I’ll vote #vote Chili (sorry). I get a weird gut ping from his posting.

Feels like I’m omgussing a lot but whatever.

your format sucks you should fix that

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

this is voodoofly gaveling spoonsy

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

dy. posted:

I would gladly join a Jam vote as well.

if you voted him would you format the vote correctly

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

##vote jammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dhaes
Dec 1, 2006

lol see jammy is exactly why i didnt both with vig