Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

werbear posted:

Tympole is a strangely rare mon up until generation 8. You can only find it in a single location while its evolutions are far more wide-spread and only a few trainers use the line (to make room for more water monkeys, I assume).
Then the line went away almost completely for two generations only to be seen through the Friend Safari and the Dex-Navi which I don't think anyone uses to get team members.
Kalos and Alola could have used a decent water/ground type but instead they got Whiscash and Quagsire, both of which aren't great fighters. Oh and a super late Gastrodon in Alola but at that point most teams will be set for a long time.

I honestly forgot the Tympole line existed - I remember playing this back in college, picking Oshawott as a starter, and thinking that water evolution lines were as rare in this game as fire-types were in Sinnoh. Granted, there are others down the road, it's just that there's not an absurd amount of water types clogging things up like there have been in the past games - about 7 different evolution lines, 3 of which are possible to not get without trading depending on your choices (Oshawott, Panpour, the yet-to-be-seen fossil)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Oh right, I forgot about that. I just...never bothered because it was honestly easier to nab them on the GTS than waste time getting grass to shake for the tiny chance that the missing monkey would pop out.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Jade Rider posted:

Big O, it's showtime!

You're a louse, Roger Crosspiece.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks for another fantastic Pokémon LP!