Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the ancients were the worst designers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the dhd is terrible because it can be carried around by a small group of people. a society unfamiliar w the gates might discover both a gate and dhd, and naturally decide to relocate the latter right in front of the gate before trying it out and accidentally annihilate both themselves and the dhd in the big splash blast of the wormhole opening up

just mount the controls to the side of the gate so that you can guarantee the user wont be near that blast!!!! plus it makes sure that once you find the gate, youve found the controls for it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i think the nox helped the tollans but close enough

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

once they had them all available on earth after the end of atlantis, do you think they ever hooked up the atlantis ancient database + merlins avalon database + the asgard database, just to see what might happen

related question: did they ever drop a line to the folks in the ori galaxy to ask if there were any database-shaped artifacts sitting around celestis

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bucnasti posted:

Yeah I think Supernatural was filmed in the same area, always looked like they were hunting ghosts on the same planet that SG1 hunted g’ould.

does supernatural have any arthurian content?? i need to set up a clever joke about “super goaulds ’n’ ghosts”