Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
YES! I've started watching SG1 again for the 100th time. I still don't remember them ever explaining why everyone speaks English even though the goa'uld left earth thousands of years before english was even a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I like atlantis and it's probably unfair to compare it to SG1 because getting that kind of cast chemistry is a bit of a fluke. Saying that Teyla can gently caress right off especially the singing.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

ratchild13 posted:

I've been watching SGU lately, and really like the ship and the whole stranded with no resources idea. Shame it got killed after season 2.

Boy have I got a star trek for you...

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
So watching the avenger episode with the gate virus thing. Why is it that every scientist other than carter is basically useless, unprofessional and generally unsuitable for a top secret cutting edge facility. Like I get they're going for troubles genius but they're not even that good at the science! Would have been nice to see some of the more capable non neurotic scientists and engineers.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
I remember him getting really ripped around season 8 I think that's when he truly becomes a god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Why don't all SG teams embark from and return to an off world site? It's super risky dialling random planets from earth. That would solve the black hole episode, a bunch of disease episodes etc.

On that note I want a stargate series about the alpha site or the first off world colony. It's a shame we didn't get to see what the rest of the sgc were doing.