Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

smarxist posted:

horny is prohibited, and I'll scour it from the earth. that's why I'm challenging it to a no hold barred no DQ falls count anywhere match at Madison Square garden on July 6th!!!!

You dare challenge me? I've been through the forbidden door!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The second AEW show should be something that will get really high ratings like a talent competition or the journey of the non-Americans getting work visas.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
oh boy jericho just sent out booking information for the next cruise, now to decide if i want to drop several grand on a plague ship cruise

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
You either die at sea after Darby Allin and an entire case of the bubbly coffin drop directly onto the pistons propelling the cruise ship which causes the boat to sink or you live long enough to get ran over by a despondent Kenny Omega and his golf cart several years after the untimely boat-death of his partner Adam Page.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh boy jericho just sent out booking information for the next cruise, now to decide if i want to drop several grand on a plague ship cruise

I was thinking about going next year with the wife prior to the pandemic, and now there's no way in hell I'm going to do it (sorry Chris :smith: )

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

being told the new AEW show will be called Swinger's Party in which everyone writes their name put it into a bowl. Fans can vote who wrestles. Each time a wrestler comes out to work, they have to pull a name from the bowl. That is who they have to wrestle as. So you could have Marko Stunt(as played by Lance Archer) vs Lance Archer(as played by Orange Cassidy)

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Is the cruise still going to be in January? If so he should probably push it back a few months

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Crapple! posted:

Is the cruise still going to be in January? If so he should probably push it back a few months

feburary, guess he's really banking on a vaccine being available by then

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Wendell posted:

As long as Kenny is surprised by the villain's identity each time.

I'm fully on board if they do this plus six months into the show the villain is actually Colt Cabana to tie into the BTE storyline.

Also, I'm pissed - I'm getting internet upgraded today and they are coming right at the start of Dynamite :argh:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

coconono posted:

being told the new AEW show will be called Swinger's Party in which everyone writes their name put it into a bowl. Fans can vote who wrestles. Each time a wrestler comes out to work, they have to pull a name from the bowl. That is who they have to wrestle as. So you could have Marko Stunt(as played by Lance Archer) vs Lance Archer(as played by Orange Cassidy)

I'd actually kinda like to watch that.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

rantmo posted:

I'd actually kinda like to watch that.

that'd actually be an amazing one off quarantine show

just have tony khan laying in bed having a fitful sleep as the intro, what could be troubling our poor sweet coward tony? *harp melody as we fade to dream AEW*

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The second show needs to be a cartoon like Rock 'n' Wrestling

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'd love if they just went full Lucha Underground with the second show.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
The TNT Title has been completed! Here it is in its gold-plated glory:

Pretty good! Understated but still feels valuable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you posted the wrong belt

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Barry Bluejeans posted:

The TNT Title has been completed! Here it is in its gold-plated glory:

Pretty good! Understated but still feels valuable.

That's more like it. Still not sure about the giant block letters for "TNT". They could have dressed that up a little

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A belt existing as a brand plate is bad. A belt existing as a brand plate for the TV network you are on feels worse. I am still not a fan. Of course I wasn't a fan of calling it TNT belt in the first place.
Like, "I know this belt is an honor and all but I feel like a walking Snowpiercer commercial"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

A belt existing as a brand plate is bad. A belt existing as a brand plate for the TV network you are on feels worse. I am still not a fan. Of course I wasn't a fan of calling it TNT belt in the first place.

I only like belts that are backed by a shadowy sanctioning body and byzantine rules no one really understands.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

coconono posted:

I only like belts that are backed by a shadowy sanctioning body and byzantine rules no one really understands.

Bonus points if they were won in tournaments that didn't happen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Does this mean whomever is the TNT champion also controls the Turner corporate tape library?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
waaaaaaaay better with the gold plating, i still think it'd probably look better with a black strap tho?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
and yeah, i'm kinda yuck on the network logo being so prominent, I'd rather some goofy iconography representing television broadcasting to the world and w/e old school poo poo they had on TV belts and maybe TNT side plates

it's such a silly championship area

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

instead of a belt it should have been a bag of golf clubs

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

pro tip: if any completed images of the tnt championship look exactly like this image they're fan mockups

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Should have been a film reel or master tape.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Tacky Naff Title

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
That TNT belt looks terrible. Also what's up with the White House on the side plates

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

instead of a belt it should have been a bag of golf clubs

god help Sammy when he wins it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Chromatic posted:

That TNT belt looks terrible. Also what's up with the White House on the side plates

it's actually a PLANTATION HOUSE :colbert:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Crapple! posted:

That's more like it. Still not sure about the giant block letters for "TNT". They could have dressed that up a little
there was absolutely going to be no compromise with the giant block TNT lettering with the suits, but changing the color of the letters to either gold plating or red would've shown a minor regard towards subtlety

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

John Dudebro posted:

pro tip: if any completed images of the tnt championship look exactly like this image they're fan mockups

Still looks better than the new IC belt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chromatic posted:

its Turner's headquarters

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Chromatic posted:

It's a former country club that was Ted Turner's mansion, and is now the HQ for TNT

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

And where Crockett filmed wrestling I think I saw.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Coaaab posted:

there was absolutely going to be no compromise with the giant block TNT lettering with the suits, but changing the color of the letters to either gold plating or red would've shown a minor regard towards subtlety

Even coloring them like the AEW logo would have been better.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
The gold does help which is something I wouldn't have believed when I first saw the belt. I don't think giving the letters an AEW color scheme would help but it's hard for me to point out exactly what could be changed to make it better. I think maybe the fact that the TNT logo doesn't have any spacing between the letters makes it look kinda cheap honestly. It kinda looks like a collapsed section of Stonehenge when you break it down into constituent shapes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A bad belt for a bad wrestler

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1265723281748848640?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

other than looking like Millican's McDonald's championship belt, I have no real strong feels about its appearance since its the matches that'll determine the belt's legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

They just need to jazz up the main plate. It's so boring as is.