Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

lmfao, i just noticed Jake was hefting Matt Jackson up for a scoop slam and he whispered in his ear like "you gotta go eat this lariat buddy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

i would also like to shout out the Butcher and the Blade for being in the audience wearing white longjohns and suspenders

really needed Bunny in a white crop top and capris w/ some white ears to complete the "BBB on vacation" look

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i totally forgot about PAC's awesome promo, and seeing it made me think of Darby and now i really REALLY want PAC and Darby to feud

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the only thing i've yet to see from Adam as a new AEW convert is him on the mic, which i feel is kind of an integral component to your champ

maybe it's time to break up more conceptions about wrestling though, and you can have a soft spoken / more thoughtful / introspective guy with the strap

EDIT:
but Mox tonight reminded me why I love him as champ right now, he kinda hits all the marks of an archetype but he puts enough interesting variance to shine, and also he can be surprisingly eloquent and almost fire n' brimstone when he's got the mic

smarxist fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 21, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

xbilkis posted:

I am tapping my head to indicate to the rest of the thread how smart I am

:hmmyes:

where's your tongue during all this?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I Before E posted:

He has a really good promo on the latest BTE

yeah, i loved that promo, i was hollering that it's one of the best things I've ever seen from a wrestler, i just mean the live show hot mic promo skills

Adam has the "still waters run deep" side, and the jacked up ring clearing monster side, but i'm curious if he can pick up a mic and and say some loud forceful poo poo that can pop the crowd

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:vince:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Unperson_47 posted:

I made this a while ago but forgot to ever post it. If you ever need 5 seconds of Ray Fenix in your life, here you go:

https://imgur.com/ZSFsuKU

Damnit, what am I doing wrong?

gotta get the raw .mp4 URL and post that by itself with no tags, the forums will parse it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The hands in pockets reversal of that spinning sit out muscle buster finish was wild

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
So we get 2 rings at the 50 yard line, and falls count anywhere after that, presuming they start there...

I feel like a 5v5 is too much action to try and cut around to like the Hardy/Omega vs Jericho/Sammy street fight, so I don't think they're going to go all over the joint and mostly stay confined to the ring and adjacent stadium areas, but who knoooows.

my prediction game booking is someone is taking sammy to the cross bar of the goalpost on a scissor left and he's getting pitched off

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

coconono posted:

let them throw sticks of dynamite at the goalposts. Its a metaphor for the entrenched section of media/intelligentsia that refuse to enjoy AEW.

jericho and sammy get into a golf cart and try to drive towards the goal posts, they use a dolly zoom to make them appear to be going further and further away

"these goal posts keep moving Sammy! what kind of twisted landscape are we trapped in!?"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny Nox posted:

Jericho and Sammy as '66 Batman and Robin would be amazing

what the hell, i can see the whole thing in my head and it'd be incredible.

coward tony!!!!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Chris in full Fozzy lead singer mode when he's Bruce Wayne, Sammy full Spanish God Punk Dick Grayson

the costumes are half wrestling kits, Batman Painmaker, Sammy The Boy Wonder is in pink/black with rhinestones

Jericho gets to Judas Effect the main bad guy every week

big action pop w/ "JUDAS!" in it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Memnaelar posted:

Not going to lie, the Britt situation is bumming me the hell out.

Same, she was starting to find her rhythm in the ring and i've enjoyed several of her last outings, hopefully its the least serious it can be with a quick/complete recovery

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's writing Marko off as a threat entirely in the middle of a reasonably competitive match. Why not discuss what an upset it would be if Marko were to give him his first AEW loss, since you know, he's wrestling him right now and could conceivably win?

Like imagine if they spend a bunch of time Saturday night in the middle of moxley/lee talking about who moxley might defend the title against next without ever addressing "oh he could lose the title here though I guess".

i agree with you, especially since Marko had an awesome match and big W on Dark. not to say the commentary consciously buried him, but they did ignorantly step on the nice little thing he had going

Marko is one of those guys like a Mikey Whipwreck who will be beloved by fans forever and he better get to hoist some gold some day :colbert:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Britt also has a neck brace, and continues wearing it for the rest of her career like Joel Gertner

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I like the idea of Britt in a wheelchair screaming at a protege for the next few months, because it means that we'll get a spot where Britt gets kicked out of the wheelchair

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's not like Kris vs Britt was a huge build, Britt just went psycho on her in the 4-way so they got the PPV match, i'm happy to watch Kris wrestle anyone, especially if they book it super close with lots of nearfalls

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i miss Swole! she's another women's div who was coming into her own a bit, she chased Britt Baker into the back stage area and we never saw her again :(

also Dirty Dancing is an awesome finisher

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I haven't finished Dynamite yet, is the Britt injury nasty? I don't wanna watch anyone get really injured

probably like a 4/5 out of 10 on the "yikes" scale

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think Sid's leg is probably the worst thing that we'll ever see in the ring, hopefully

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Wiltsghost posted:

lol, this is great

this is a no brainer for orange

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
dang man, poor Fenix and poor Britt, gosh everyone had a crazy freaking night

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
mystery entrant is PAC on a special leave from Her Majesty

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
really? Nick strikes me as the rear end in a top hat of the duo

Matt seems to have a better sense of humor about himself

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think a PAC surprise entrant and Darby are the only ones really ready for a title shot that i think could actually win it

maybe Fenix if he's still in

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i think AEW will continue to be smart and not dumb as hell absorbing and rehabilitating established talent

look at Dustin Rhodes, he's probably a legend and is blood related to the board, he could have twisted himself into all sorts of career capstone matches and maybe even a title if he wanted to be a sort of person we know from the past, but the rhodes', for better or worse, seem to honest to god be the legit goods "we love this loving business" dudes, so with that lens in place they do things that entertain us and make sense, they're already telegraphing who the future of the company is hard, Mox and Omega know they're transition dudes and the next 20 years belong to people like Darby, MJF, Hangman and Jungle Boy

Jericho picked up the strap and established it and then dropped it clean to Mox, it seems like everyone has their ego in check and their priorities straight, lord knows there are enough stories about what it was like in the past. i feel like the younger guys coming up now wouldn't even want become stars that way, the way they work their characters and their dedication it's obvious they want to be the stars and the champions because the fans demand it, not because they engineered it and served it up to them

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think most importantly, they've done a much, much better job of building young guys.

Also you forgot Sammy

how could I forget Sammy :negative:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we know Mox retains, i just hope w/e happens after tomorrow night they bust out of the gate with the next opponent and we get a proper build to the next PPV with some great moments

obv. it's gonna be Darby and the head games are going to hit a fever pitch

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
wow, not re-signing right after getting an injury is ballsy as hell, dude is obviously looking for a life change I guess

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

inthesto posted:

Sammy could sit in his current role of "sell amazing owns" for the rest of his career, and I'd still love it.

we're all gonna cry like proud parents when Sammy hoists the TNA Title or Big Plat

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah people keep talking about signings but the roster is already pretty crowded and even were you to put a second program on TV at/near the level of dynamite, you'd have to devote a lot of that program to the women's division which is already underserved, the new mid card title scene, and also the bloated tag scene

if they surprise sign someone for the mystery entrant w/e, but i hope they get their next show sorted out and on the air before clown car in any more people

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we did get a classic Mox Moment out of it tho,

*while extremely beat to poo poo* dude... all you had to do was ask

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I also kinda have mixed feelings. I'm old enough to remember the atmosphere when Tyson was on top, it was like there was a real superhero in the world, his matches were bonkers, and then the rape and ear biting and other weird/sad comeback poo poo.

I'm also of a mind that he seems to have mostly worked to repent and turn his life around, hopefully all the people he needed to get right with have forgiven him and poo poo, but at the same time he has consistently hosed up in his expressed attitudes and remarks for years after, no idea what he's been on about the last 6-7 years though.

It still seems like a bad look, #1 because of his past, but #2 because i just don't see anything interesting or compelling happening from it. maybe this is a cynical grab for the older demos and lapsed fans?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like Penelope & Kris can have just about as good a match as Britt and Kris? :shrug:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Cody is driving to Mike's house with a duffel bag of money to try and get him to do an ear biting spot

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that's funny, considering Ali bumped for gorilla monsoon, the guy was a world champion and a showman who liked the act, takes some world class rear end in a top hat streak to not want to mix it up with him for the spectacle

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dacap posted:

Brandi hired Tyson to bite the neck tat off Cody

:hmmyes:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Tyson seen chatting with Jake early in the night, Archer wins clean, Cody tries to shake his hand at the belt presentation but Jake says some Brandi poo poo, Cody launches at Jake and takes a Tyson OHKO, they start beating on him, Sting.... zips down from the rafters?!? plants Archer, plants Jake, big stinger splash on Tyson who rolls out of the ring, everyone hollering and jawing with security and they cut to the stadium stampede because folks we have to get started!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh wow the tnt championship is co main event and Nyla / Shida is buried in the card it seems wtf

EDIT: maybe this card is speculative, but i don't think the midcard belt should rate higher than the women's world title, even if it is inaugural, whadda i know though

smarxist fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 23, 2020