Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Big Beef City posted:

I was expecting people to point and laugh at how dumb the comic was but of course it's goons so we get a 6 page discussion on the intricacies of game plots and publisher law suits and manga artistic styles. Impressive as always.

why isn't anyone talking about naked roll?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

420 20 posted:

Which side was the cringe coming from?

Or was it pretty equal on both sides

this was the era when Cerebus was still considered brilliant and everyone at Image was sticking it to the man, so

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
GET EQUIPPED
WITH
TITANIUM SPINE

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Besides being really bad I've got a few theories as to why there's so much tonal shifting and every issue seeming to skip very important stuff
1. The artists are only given the vaguest of outlines as to what the story is for the issue and have to fill in the rest themselves, then when the final art comes in the writers have to make up a new story that fits the art they got
2. They're on a tight enough budget and schedule there actually are missing issues. Because they were offering pocket change to students someone who was supposed to draw some of those battles we skipped flaked or were fired -just like princess's writer. There could've also been other editorial gently caress ups like telling an artist they had 2 more pages than they really did.

It was funny seeing stuff like X being chained to the wall in the issue that was totally inspired by the giant feet and hands late 90's more cartoony western comics like cyberfrog, the maxx, and Impulse, then magically part of the betrayers in the next issue.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Phlegmish posted:

Didn't she get written out because one of the 1,000 authors didn't like her
she was one of the writers OC inserts, he was fired so why keep using her?

So that means either those dorks in the car are gonna be killed off and ignored in the next issue or two or megaman and his friends will get killed off and now Megaman is about dorks who browse usenet in 90's anime armor

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Applewhite posted:

How are Megaman and Roll going to stop Metal Sonic?

It'll happen off camera, and won't really be mentioned. Instead Megaman and Roll will be on a wacky adventure next page. Also X is still dead, but his ghost is naked and following them. Everyone is okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Light Gun Man posted:

If someone actually guessed what happens in the last issue without cheating I would be shocked
Instead of just abruptly ending because they ran out of funding and lost the license it wraps up with an actual ending that masterfully both ties all the loose ends together and finds a clever way to actually mesh with Capcom's canon