Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

There are moments where it's nearly competent, then it immediately devolves back into a garbled mess aping a combination of 90s X-Men and Slayers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mike Deodato Jr.'s name appearing on a facsimile of a 90s Marvel credits scroll mid-way through this issue is a trip. I guess it's just a tribute, like the Toriyama thing? He is Brazilian, so I guess there's an outside chance he worked on this, but that would be extremely wild.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This comic has a certain kind of... wild exuberance that the writers clearly can't be bothered keeping track of exactly what's going on or pay much attention to their own script when they can draw what looks cool. It's the 90s fancomic energy again.

This was sort of 90s comics in general. Even Marvel at the time had returned to its artist-driven roots and had flagship books that were just a writer desperately trying to stitch a narrative into "a series of grimaces and laser blasts Rob Liefeld thought would be fun to draw". This is definitely a less competent version of that, though!

Das Boo posted:

It was a slow day at work because LA broke.

Today, on Meggerman!

Okay, now someone else go.

this is soooo good, i love it

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Warbird posted:

Das what would you recommend as far as software? I do love blender but it adds a few layers of “I don’t know what the hell l’m doing” for straight 2D drawing. Is Krita a decent option if I’m not doing painting stuff? Paint.net?

Krita's very capable of painting, it's a great program. Does 90% of what the most expensive paid options do, plus some things they don't.