Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I fear the man who has hit one dinger ten thousand times.

Mega Man fuckin owns, Iím the biggest Mega Man fan on the forums and both this thread and that comic are extremely my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I love how everybody itt is asking why Mega Man looks so hosed up but loving nobody is asking why Roll is butt rear end neckid on the cover

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I made a Mega Man comic when I was a kid.

It was little more than an unconnected series of strips featuring the most juvenile poop jokes and toilet humor that only my sheltered child rear end thought was funny. There was no overarching story. So maybe calling it a ďcomicĒ is a bit generous. Each strip was only like 1 or 2 pages long and the ďartĒ was terrible since I couldnít draw for poo poo (and I still canít). Most of those strips ended with at least one of the robots vomiting. Yes, thatís right, robots can puke. Because I was eight, you see!

Iím not entirely sure what happened to them, but Iím pretty sure theyíve all been destroyed by the sands of time. Which in a way is kinda sad cuz they mightíve made for some funny posts.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 21, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Elentor posted:

It's Brazil, everything in this Country had to have some degree of nudity in the 90's, sadly.

You say that like itís a bad thing.

EDIT:

Elentor posted:

So if you're wondering about why this thing is drawn like garbage, in the 90's there was a craze about drawing manga here. I think it's safe to say the biggest influence was Masami Kurumada (Saint Seiya) who is not exactly good at drawing faces.

Nevertheless J-stuff were absolutely huge here and 80's manga were a big influence, so there were swarms of "how to draw manga" magazines trying to teach you how to poorly emulate the 80's without teaching you the fundamentals.

"How to draw Manga - Hot babes"

post more of this

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Capcom never should have cancelled the 90s Mega Man cartoon.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Capcom never should have done a lot of things they did, but cancelling the 90s Mega Man cartoon is one of the biggest things they never should have done.

That cartoon ruled and it even got pretty good ratings if I remember right.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:17 on May 21, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Elentor posted:

It was through one of those "design a boss" contests and the winning concept would get implemented in the game. He won two years in a row, for Dust Man and Air Man.

You mean he won for Dust Man and Crystal Man, not Air Man. Air Man had already come and gone in Mega Man 2.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

This thing is CHOCK loving FULL of avatar material, holy poo poo.

I love that Mega Man X lives in a regular rear end house, with a backyard and a picket fence and clothes hanging on a clothesline, and walks around wearing a bathrobe and bunny slippers that may or may not be alive.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Warbird posted:

Abandoned blog's FTP server to be exact. I don't remember exactly the process I had to go through to get it back then but it involved the Wayback machine and some leaps in logic if memory serves. But no, this poo poo was on paper and sold, in theory, to real people.

Speaking of which, Iíve been meaning to ask, when was this published? The English version, I mean.

Iím noticing the Mega Man title logo is the new one from Mega Man 9 onward, which I donít think existed in the 90s, and thereís a couple of pages with comments in the margins that read like whoever wrote them canít believe some of the poo poo theyíre reading. Maybe thatís just the English translation?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

^^^ Thank you for your sacrifice, sir!

Warbird posted:

Yeah. I'm going to have to get creative as this goes on. I'm already going to leave out half the pages of Roll's origin story issues if I post them at all and I'm not sure how well mechanical pasties and a strapless bikini bottom are going to fly around here.

POST ALL OF THE PAGES, COWARD!!

YES, EVEN THE NUDITY ONES!!

ESPECIALLY THE NUDITY ONES!!

Link them behind tags if you have to. Just post them! Anyone who complains is a little fun-hating bitch and they will be publicly shamed and mocked as such, even if they are mods!

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 21, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Just fyi, I clicked this and a bunch of the pages are but I highly recommend clicking on it anyway (not at work tho)

tag urself Iím the weird horny Kirby

EDIT: Some of these might need to go behind tags. If they do then let me know and Iíll go back and fix it.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 21, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

I just read about this online and I'm like, drat what. I had/have a habit of finding strange scans. Some IRC pals worked with me once we realized one of them could read it and we're like gently caress it, let's do this poo poo. Just a dumb little hobbyist effort really.

I'm super lazy and also awful at keeping translators interested so I haven't been doing much with the group lately. If you're real bored, know pt-BR, Japanese, Spanish, or otherwise helpful languages and want to work on translating material of incredibly questionable quality and content hit me up??

You would not even believe how much Ninja Turtles manga there is holy poo poo

You are a hero, sir!

And we salute you!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Lol good I always thought mega man games sucked

you thought wrong

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

... is Warbird gonna post any new pages today, or...?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Countdown until they start doing Jojo poses

Itís okay Roll, *Iíll* date you. Iím p sure weíre not related and youíre over 18 so itís cool

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 23, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

man Aoyama got hosed up in the future

man Mayor Pete got hosed up in the future

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Incidentally I like the art in this chapter a bit better than the art in the first two chapters. Iím not sure what that says about me, but it seems better somehow.

I also like this comicís cocky rear end in a top hat version of X better than the pussy rear end bleeding heart Alan Alda rear end real version.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Warbird posted:

Edit - gently caress it, I'm skipping this chapter.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WARBIRD POST ALL OF THE CHAPTERS

I DONíT FEEL LIKE CLICKING THAT LINK I WANNA READ IT ALL IN THIS THREAD

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Light Gun Man posted:

Issue 4 is seriously a weird tonal shift grimdark thing about kidnapping kids to turn them into robots, so....yeah.... I dunno man.

And? So what? Goons see more hosed up poo poo than that for breakfast. This is the forum that spawned swap.avi for crying out loud! We can more than handle an uncomfortable comic book story.

Besides, itís not like anyone is expecting anything in this comic to NOT be hosed up.

Again, I say to you: WARBIRD POST THE CHAPTER

Link some of the pages with / tags if you have to. I donít care. Just post them. All of them.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Why do all of the girls in this issue have kitten noses?

good lord this is the worst art style of the bunch

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

TheParadigm posted:

.... so I'm not a huge megaman fan but uh, is the entire family tree a big band joke? We have rock, roll, bass... What's next like, 90's metal hair man?

All of the robot names in Mega Man except the robot masters are music terms, yes. Likewise, all of the robot names in Mega Man X except the robot masters are computer science terms.

Also I should point out for those of you who donít know, that in the official Mega Man story, the robots did NOT used to be flesh-and-blood human people. All of them ó including Mega Man, Roll, and X ó are 100% full robot. So those three are only siblings in the sense that they were all built by the same person.

How Mega Man and X are able to feel the emotion known as ďhornyĒ despite this ó for anyone or anything, human, robot, or otherwise ó I have no idea. I guess in this comicís made-up story Dr. Light invented robot dicks and testicles too, or something? Which of course leads to the big olí of ďhow do sex, gender, loving, and reproduction work in robotsĒ that Iím not even gonna touch with a 100-foot pole except to mention it here since the official material doesnít ever go into that apart from robots feeling G-rated no-hump romantic attraction for one another (which rarely comes up) and some mentions of ďDNA dataĒ in the later MMX games that may or may not be related...

... I forgot what point I was leading up to here. Itís 1 AM where I live and Iím out of Adderall and my doc sends all my scrips to me through snail-mail for some reason. Anyway Mega Man and X and Roll are robots and not children that got turned into robots. ďCyborgsĒ? I get the robot words mixed up a lot. Whatever.

Also there is some confusion about whether Mega Man and X ever meet face to face, or if the former dies before the latter is ďbornĒ/created, but nobody cares about that right now.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 27, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Tengu Man was and still is loving awesome and I will not hear otherwise.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I donít know whatís more hosed-up-looking: Rollís everyoneís noodle arms/legs or Rollís weird plumpy bobbs.

Does Princess ever come back, or is she gone forever at this point?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I confess I stopped actually reading both this thread and the comic as soon as Pyramid Head showed up, and Iíve pretty much just been skimming through everything since then. How close are we to the end? I need to know how much longer I have to catch back up with the rest of you.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I demand MORE of this insane comic and also I still havenít gotten past the Canga Man chapter, Iíve been spending the last 3 days trying to buy a new laptop instead

punk rebel ecks posted:

When's the anime adaptation?

THIS MUST HAPPEN

SOMEONE GET JASON DEMARCO ON THE HORN

WE GONNA GET TOONAMI/ADULT SWIM TO BANKROLL THIS poo poo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

*late night cartoon commercial voiceover guy voice*

ďFrom the studio that brought you Space Dandy...Ē

ď... and the writers that brought you Xavier: Renegade Angel and Aqua Teen Hunger Force...Ē

ď... comes......... whatever the gently caress this is idunno did i get paid yet? wheres my phone i gotta make a callĒ

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Maybe get some of the Pop Team Epic crew in on it too.

This feels like one of those things where the more cooks there are ruining it, the better. Just complete, total, logically derelict chaos from the ever-rotting, drug-infested minds of whatever homeless vagrant madmen you could find roaming the streets that day.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 12, 2020

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Space Dandy actually comes to mind as fitting given how it didn't even try to make sense. Mind you it did outright say every episode takes place in an alternate universe, with the connecting theme being the protagonist shares his consciousness across almost every version of himself.

Also it's got kickass music and insane visual design.

Plus every episode was animated by a different team.

JUST LIKE THIS COMIC

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Posting to say this thread really took off since I last read it and also I still havenít made it past the Canga chapter because

... but I did at least skim through everything after that, including the goon-made pages, and imo the Continuing Adventures of Brazilian Mega Man: Goon Edition comic is missing 3 things:

1. Jojos
2. A cameo by Lowtax where he gets his rear end kicked by a bunch of female characters
3. Bolsonaro, by way of some poorly-explained time travel fuckery

also Trump cuz at this point why the gently caress not

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Nobody wants to see Tron Bonne

All of the Legends games suck, including the characters in them

The only good (and True) Mega Mans are the original series and the X series. All other so-called ďMega ManĒs are poo poo garbage

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

MEANWHILE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeoC_7P9Qi0

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

*Starts banging table*

Boobs!

Boobs!

BOOBS!

BOOBS!

Edit: boobie snype

https://i.imgur.com/DfWz2FL.mp4

I need to watch this show

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Mine this thread, or... ?

Not yet...

Please God, NOT YET!!!

Thereís still so much more posting I wanna do in here; Iíve just had other poo poo going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

I havenít even caught up with the back half of all the new pages yíall have posted so far, and as big a Mega Man fanboy as I am I feel like that is unacceptable.

And I just cannot shake the nagging feeling that I have tons of ideas for pages that just havenít fully come to me yet.

... although if you think about it, thereís really no reason we canít make ANOTHER goon Mega Man comic thread later on, when people are less busy and have had some time to come up with more ideas.