Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Personally, I’m masked every time I walk more than half a block from my apartment. My neighbors and I have all implicitly agreed upon a head nod and a muffled “how ya doin.” On the plus side, I was doing that already and my neighbors are more receptive to it now!
On the minus side, I live a block from the only grocery store in the neighborhood and never miss a chance to tell strangers they should wear a mask, which led to an old white dude telling me I was “supporting Nazi Germany.”
Could be worse, could be better? How are your neighborhoods, goons? FWIW, I’m in the North Center neighborhood of Chicago, please give a region/neighborhood as specifically as you feel comfortable with.

E: was he right? Am I a nazi now????

Bibliotechno Music fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'm not

east bay

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I just leave everyone to their business and don’t get involved.

South Yorkshire, UK

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My neighbors are dead. I say hello once in awhile

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Chrs posted:

I just leave everyone to their business and don’t get involved.

South Yorkshire, UK

Are your neighbors getting into your business? Would they yell at you for not wearing a mask, or is it the other way around?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
If we are walking towards each other so much as a block away, we get far the gently caress away and if were still within eyeshot when we pass after doing so give a nod as if to say "all in respect to your fear as to mine"

In central New Jersey

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

My neighbors are dead. I say hello once in awhile

That’s very nice. I hope their kids know you remember them!

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

If we are walking towards each other so much as a block away, we get far the gently caress away and if were still within eyeshot when we pass after doing so give a nod as if to say "all in respect to your fear as to mine"

In central New Jersey

Respect, NJ is hosed. I have an ex who’s an EMT there and the fear is real, even chuds aren’t loving around.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bibliotechno Music posted:

ja

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Are your neighbors getting into your business? Would they yell at you for not wearing a mask, or is it the other way around?

Nope, in general no one really says anything to anyone around here. We might nod at each other or something as we walk by but that’s your lot.

No one is giving anyone a hard time if they’re not wearing a mask because it’s ultimately no one else’s business and you’re not going to get them to change. That and masks aren’t exactly easy to come by around here to start with so you may not be telling them something they don’t already know. As long as you’re staying 2 metres away I don’t care

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Generally just shout-talking off our decks or front yards well within our own borders. Had a fun inter-action with a gentleman of black persuasion when I went to check my mail, we got those weird communal townhouse mailboxes. So while I waited for him he ribbed me about avoiding the corona, and I was like dude I got my old mom stuck with me and we're being extra careful, and he does this suave look back like 'hey brotha we gotta be careful anyway' and I was like, yes, I'm cool now.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Yes.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They’re all robots, non-interactive models. :tinfoil:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I have a Tim Allen/Wilson arrangement with my neighbor. We exchange garden/weed growing tips across the fence while his dog yells at me. The latest exchange involved me giving him some horseradish roots and seed potatoes and I got a few nugs of his last crop. Good guy, +1 would be neighbors again

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
We have a facebook group for the building so we can warn each other when the elevator is down and bitch about management. Other than that I recognize most neighbors by their dogs.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I avoid interacting with my neighbors as it often turns into this :
https://www.reddit.com/r/SubSimulatorGPT2/comments/ghc5q5/a_woman_with_a_bad_head_of_hair_was_asked_to_use/

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I've never come close to my neighbors so nothing changed really. I don't wear a mask when walking or biking in my neighborhood but i don't get close to anyone either
Edit coachella vallley CA

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Neighbors have been my family's neighbors literally for 4 or more decades. The current son who bought the house after his mother passed (rip) has been there for years. Great guy. Great family. Helps out alot when he sees my grandpa. I talk to him Home Improvement style in the backyard. Gives us bags of fresh lemons from his tree.

10/10 best neighbors around.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My neighbors are mostly nosy bitches and stupid kids that do things like hack into our thermostat and turn it off

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I live in the country, my neighbours are soy beans and corn, it owns pretty goddamn hard.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

By loving his wife.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I never talk to my neighbors because I live in an apartment complex and everyone mostly ignores each other. Lots of cute dogs when I go on walks though!

GreenaBoy
Jan 7, 2005

I like to fart in the bathtub and bite the bubbles...GRAVITAS!!!

Cubone posted:

I'm not

east bay

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

sigher posted:

By loving his wife.

Hey, she’s your neighbor too!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

through the Business Hole

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I had a man walk by when I was cutting down a very large wild grape vine from a tree across the road from me and say "Wild grapes eh, those are in our back yard, too." As he walked by on the country road.
I turned from him, clenching my eyes shut and balling my fists. He was so stupid. I hated him. I wanted him to leave. I heard his feet stop on the loose gravel on the road as he paused and I knew he wanted an answer but I could only tersely jank my head in a nod. I felt bad, I wanted to say more because it'd been a long time since I talked to some one due to the pandemic, but he was just so STUPID and I was so mad.
He started to say "Alright" and turn to go, I guess, but it wasn't enough for me. Video games ARE art. He HAD to know.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Southwestern PA.

My wife and I walk through the neighborhood a few times a week and say hi to most people while keeping our distance. If we come across anybody walking or biking we give a wide berth.

My neighbor across the street sits on her porch and a handful of times has had a pistol in her hand because she's appointed herself neighborhood watch (we don't have a crime problem and the last break-in was 2 years ago, a dude broke into his mother's house for money). Also we don't have a neighborhood watch and the cops have visited her several times for waving her gun around in public.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012
I live in loving Montana, everyones personal space bubble is 6 feet at the best of times. The only difference is now when people cross the street to avoid me I don't take it personally.

We all still nod and say hello. Not much has changed beside the masks.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

My super texted me the other day up tell me one of my neighbors was complaining my music was too loud. Admittedly they were probably loud but it was a Wednesday at 12:30 in the afternoon.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Bomrek posted:

I live in loving Montana, everyones personal space bubble is 6 feet at the best of times. The only difference is now when people cross the street to avoid me I don't take it personally.

We all still nod and say hello. Not much has changed beside the masks.

Is there a Montanian horde of infected massing on the border in preparation to steal our Healthcare? Be honest.

On the assumption there's enough of you to classify as a horde. Maybe unruly group is more accurate.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My neighbors keep letting all their kids play together so my kids mostly have to stay inside if I'm not like directly with them a foot away

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have fresh eggs, they have maple syrup. we make a deal.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

i have fresh eggs, they have maple syrup. we make a deal.

...what is the deal?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Didn't interact with them before, not gonna start now.

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002
I live on an island off Massachusetts. There's about 15K of us here. We're *all* neighbors, and even more so since I work at the local island hospital, which has only 16 beds or so. Efforts to keep people away from here (we are a summer resort) have worked so far in the off season. Everyone is wondering what will happen when the NY & Connecticut privileged want to come here this summer. Guess we'll find out. Since the middle of March, we've had 14 cases and one death - not bad given our proximity to the northeast states. Wearing masks in the local supermarkets is just about 100% at this point. The beaches have never been closed - people here naturally want to avoid each other.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We all sit outside at a respectable distance each night and get drunk.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I stare at them, my eyes dead and my mouth agape, as I raise my hand, crooked finger pointing with accusation and shriek "hallo!"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i interact with my neighbors by letting my yard grow over with weeds and crabgrass by one (1) more week every time they mow and treat their loving lawn at 7 am on a tuesday, which is every week

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
We do the blood brothers exchange thing then kiss on the mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Just yestersay we had a dab party 8 people big, representing at least 4 different apartments