Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm gonna assume the choice doesn't matter because getting the good ending 30 seconds after starting a new game would probably have led to mass refunds so...Blue because blue is the best color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
What if we kept voting for the winning side and the LP never finishes?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
"Capitalism"

...I don't know, I'm very tired

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

DKII posted:

Right, so the poster itself. Ingredients are power, water, and a mold - we've got one of those already. Pour the water into the mold, add the powder, and throw it in the strange machine, and voila! Instant gelatin.

Doth thou desire the gelatin?

EDIT: drat me and my time-consuming need to get the quote exactly right, the post is already edited :(

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 26, 2020

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo, Mira.

I mean, to be fair, if the whole world kept telling me I look better when I smile I'd probably become a bit murderous too

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I honestly don't think I've ever rolled my eyes so much at a fictional character in my life. Can we preemptively vote to murder Eric at every opportunity?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Eric you didn't do poo poo, sit the gently caress down

I vote stick the grenade launcher up Eric's rear end and pull the trigger

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You can lock someone away for being a serial killer. You can't do that to someone just for being annoying

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Junpei posted:

I mean, we don't know Eric's backstory yet.

I'm sure it'll be filled in by his buddies Brody, Chad, and Skylar at some point

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Release your inner Deedee!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Quackles posted:

There's a reason that, when buttons say 'don't press', you... well, you know.

Don't press them.

I once had an employee who'd accidentally hit the panic button at the front desk at least once a week to the point I ended up taping a small sign that said "Panic button, step off" in front of the opening below the desk as a warning, and so she'd know if she felt it over her shoe, to back her foot up a couple inches.

Anyways, the next day my new guy saw the sign, said "What's this?!" and jammed his foot in there.

Point is, telling anyone not to press a button is the absolute worst thing you can do if you don't want a button pressed. And is also probably the reason why fire alarms are switches in addition to being marked

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 30, 2020

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Omobono posted:

Aren't fire alarms behind easily breakable glass*? Because I'd say switches and levers fall under the same rules as marked don't touch buttons.

Not all of them. Plenty are still wide open. Although now that I think on it, the reason they're levers instead of buttons is probably so that in case someone falls against it, nothing will happen.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Super Jay Mann posted:

Looks like Mira is taking up the mantle left by Ace and Dio as "that guy/gal that murders everyone by default".

I still approve of her here because Eric is dead.

I'm learning videogame design just so I can edit this game and make an ending where all 8 other contestants kill Eric.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

DKII posted:

Did Zero build the shelter, or make use of something that was already there?

I heard through the grapevine that Zero and the Saw guy are best friends

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
OK I haven't played VLR but Jumpei and Akane's relationship seems pretty friendly for how the ending of 999 went down

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Junpei posted:

I don't get why people think the guy who's just kind of a mediocre jerk is worse than the Actual Literal Sociopathic Serial Killer.

You can justify killing a serial killer by saying they were a serial killer. If you kill an annoying person and tell people it was because they were annoying, you get in trouble. So the rage must stay inside. Seething.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Are these choices, like the coin flip and the gunshot just now that are clearly 50/50 and split up the story points ACTUALLY 50/50 or do they happen in a set order? The diagram is pretty clear that there's a timeline where Sigma gets hit with a blank (or it's just too early and my brain hasn't unfogged yet so I missed something) and thus survives, so does he always get shot the first time?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Why do I suddenly get the feeling we're in for an even more tragic backstory than Akane's?

Edit: And thanks everyone for answering my question

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I mean, even if we didn't do the Infirmary, this is a no-brainer

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
What does Phi think will happen if they don't? The Antidote Fairy will show up and give the antidote to them? She's retired

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Is red hair a thing in Japanese culture? This same plot point was in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance which is like, the polar opposite of this game

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Clearly Zero is Phi. And Mira.

Actually this series has a history of a main character being Zero so I'm just gonna ask you to read that previous sentence in a less sarcastic manner

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Fumbles posted:

It's probably the secret door. There's probably some way to give the characters knowledge of it that we have, but right now they dont know it exists so it couldnt be clicked on in the last updates.

Secret door
Secret door
Through the deathtrap
Secret secret secret secret dooooooooor

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I just realized there's no hinges or handles on Q's helmet, but have no idea what to do with that information.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Nah, Clover just goes on good ol' fashioned rampages with axes.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

So does Carlos, and everyone loves him. :(

Wasn't that self defense?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

W.T. Fits posted:

Also note that in an alternate timeline in that scenario, rather than kill her in self-defense, he chose to commit suicide to protect her from the possibility that his actions weren't fully under his own control.

That does make me wonder...

The purpose of these games is to make a timeline where things work out, right? Are they jumping to others, or just seeing them? And if they're jumping, what happens to the original person in that timeline?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
OK good. That sounds much better than what I was thinking, which was they basically switch spots, which seems kinda like a dick move

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I've been working in hotels too long because every time I see VLR I try and think of an appropriate word to put between "vacant" and "ready"

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

DKII posted:

Vacant Live-in Ready? I've seen apartments / spare bedrooms advertised like that, though I usually see it more as "Move-in Ready".

Mmmmmmm a little clunky for my tastes. I like my work talk to come out smoothly. I keep jumping towards "Vacant Light Ready" for a room that is technically ready but there's some issue that keeps it from being perfect (IE, previous guest had a very strong-smelling dinner and the smell still lingers despite our best efforts or something is broken and we have to wait for a part) but that's what Vacant Pickup is for.

...There's your daily insight in the hospitality industry. Tune in tomorrow for more fun facts as I turn this thread into a behind the scenes look at hotels.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I like to imagine a world where Junpei and Akane are walking down the street, someone accidentally bumps into Junpei, and Akane flies into a rage to brutally murder the poor son of a bitch

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Quackles posted:

Wouldn't she kidnap them and put them in a death game first?

Now THAT'S a twist ending I'd love to see. You escape all these deathtraps and confront Zero IV only to have her tell you that she kidnapped you because you bumped into her boyfriend years ago and that "Oh I'm sorry" wasn't enough for her.

Then she says "gently caress it", locks you in, and sets the room on fire

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 21, 2020

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I assume the best ending has everyone escaping through the power of trust, friendship, and alternate timelines and then siccing Mira on whoever is supposed to release the virus

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So why not just jump to a timeline where they're not in the game?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
So who do we think Zero is this time?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

OddHaberdasher posted:

Assuming the Tenth Man hypothesis is correct (and all the clues seem to be pointing there), it's the Tenth Man. Otherwise, my bet's on Eric.

I was thinking the same, minus Eric. Unless one of the deathtraps involves ice cream.

Alternatively, Zero is Eric's mother. "If I had to suffer, so does everyone else"

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'd be surprised. This series has a pattern of Zero being one of the people in the game. Maybe it IS Eric though, and the "ugh, Eric" is just his way of loving with everyone

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Drain Eric's blood and see if that gets the virus out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'd love it if you inject the needles, they're cured then boom, hepatitis