Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I feel like I daren't say anything except to note the glee with which I will be following this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
This is exactly why I always said I could never LP this game, but we're really diving into the 17-way poll. Absolute madman. Awe.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

DKII posted:

Maybe it's similar to a human heart?

Even with the goofy helmet, we can feel the expression he's pulling right there.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

whitehelm posted:

Is Phi taking over this LP?

Would that even be off-brand at this point really

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

DKII posted:

I don't know what I find more incredible. That my google search for ZTD quotes came up with a mis-quote, or that no one (inlcuding me) noticed for 10 pages.

I mean, I wondered, but I figured maybe after all this time I'd just misremembered. Here, I'll get that for ya. Life is unfair... but we don't have to be.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
There's a beautiful elegance in the progression from the lingering doom setting of 999, to the game theory soaked interludes in VLR, to having four giant gatling guns emerge from inside decorative suits of armour and being told to roll three dice to not be mowed down.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Hello, your friendly moderation team chiming in for a second here.

We've had quite a few reports from this thread now accusing some posters of posting spoilers as speculation. I should stress that I have absolutely no idea who here knows what, gently caress, I can barely remember parts of this game myself to check against what people are posting. I sure as poo poo am not going to go poking around everyone's post history looking for smoking gun posts where they discuss the ending. Frankly, even if I were certain that the reported posters were really guilty of this - and to be clear this post should not be read as speaking to any suspicion of any poster - there's still very little I can meaningfully do about it.

So let me just reiterate my plea. to everybody: If you have finished this game, please do not participate in or attempt to guide speculation, even if you're being super careful, even if you've forgotten or think you've forgotten important details. Just please don't.

(Except, of course, when it comes to particpating in anomymous votes)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Sometimes life really do be fair

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

curiousCat posted:

The fact that you can still get RNG'd so much in this game is honestly incredible, I cannot believe they got that through QA somehow

How's it a QA issue? The game plays completely fair and behaves exactly the way it's intended to.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't know. I know we had cyborgs, clones, implied casual space travel, and a suicide virus in the last game, but I think "By the way, I happened to come across this alien fax machine that was confiscated from the Germans after World War II." is more Indiana Jones than Zero Escape.

Then again, I preferred the (relatively) grounded nature of 999's story to VLR's Sci-Fi, so maybe I'm just being a crumudgeon.

Fedule posted:

There's a beautiful elegance in the progression from the lingering doom setting of 999, to the game theory soaked interludes in VLR, to having four giant gatling guns emerge from inside decorative suits of armour and being told to roll three dice to not be mowed down.

:colbert:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

DKII posted:

In the Decontamination Room fragments, it's implied that the first team to hit the button "wins" and the other teams are executed via acid bath. The global flowchart actually shows Q-Team's fragment extending from C-Team's "don't press" decision, and D-Team's fragment extending from Q-Team's "don't press" decision. The race was a lie - C-Team pressing the button would always execute Q-Team and D-Team, without even giving them the chance to do the same.

I don't think this is a lie, as such - I mean, okay, the teams aren't actually racing to push the button, it just means Zero was contriving a little to get it to work. Remember that the losing teams in the scenario weren't killed immediately; they were put to sleep and then woken up later and killed or not killed as appropriate then. Because of that contrivance, Zero can have all three scenarios play out "in parallel", and then make a decision on who pushed the button the quickest after the fact.

I don't think any of this matters because the game as far as I can tell never engages with the idea that multiple teams may have pressed the button but I think that's how we're supposed to think of it working out.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I have never been angrier at a game than when it was pointed out to me that while 999 and VLR are - in universe and out - referred to as Nonary Games, ZTD is a Decision Game. Uchikoshi you complete gently caress. That's not how this works. You can't just I'm sorry I need to step back for a minute--

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Despite that, inputting Mira on the Who Killed Junpei? choice does nothing.

Right, but, I mean, the fact that this is the Actual Truth has no bearing on the fact that you're probably not going to convince anyone of that, in that moment, based on what they all think they know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'm so glad that not only was this done but it was also done in the complete opposite fashion to the one in which I did VLR.