Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's a spider thread! NO NOT SILK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
spiders are friends and probably, if they had hands, would give a lot of high fives. high eights?

Heather Papps

hello friend

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

spiders are friends and probably, if they had hands, would give a lot of high fives. high eights?

eight high ones? i think tarantulas have 2 liddle paws on each leg but i am no spider scientist i was just bit by many of them

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

a spider that i met today

Goons Are Gifts

Uh that's a beauty
Gonna post a scorpion as soon as my terrarium is dry and I can set him in

Also spiders: men

nut

spiders might be real but im still running the numbers ive often contemplated whether or not there could be a greater conceptual device than spiders for making us scared to clean the corners of our rooms in our houses yes the very same corner the nsa may hide small recording devices ah ha i see ou are following me now

Stoner Sloth

nut posted:

spiders might be real but im still running the numbers ive often contemplated whether or not there could be a greater conceptual device than spiders for making us scared to clean the corners of our rooms in our houses yes the very same corner the nsa may hide small recording devices ah ha i see ou are following me now

:tinfoil: what... what if this is all connected to the World Wide Web?!?!! :ohdear: :

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

a spider that i met today

great pic - fishing spider I think?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

nut

i looked it up on webcrawler (i know) but the n.s.a. stands for the national spider association and the n.r.a. stands for the national really-spiders association

Stoner Sloth

nut posted:

i looked it up on webcrawler (i know) but the n.s.a. stands for the national spider association and the n.r.a. stands for the national really-spiders association

whoa. just how deep does this funnel web hole go?

wearing a lampshade

Sticky the spider thread

Heather Papps

hello friend

spiders rule
centipedes HOLYFUCKNO PLEASE HNELP DAD GET IT SOMEONESMASHITNOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

the really furry spiders kinda gross me out, but other wise i'm cool w/ them

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Heather Papps posted:

spiders rule
centipedes HOLYFUCKNO PLEASE HNELP DAD GET IT SOMEONESMASHITNOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

8 is my hard limit for number of legs

biosterous

the other day i saved a relatively big spider that had fallen in my tub

nudged it onto a tissue and carried it out the front door

i was gonna find like a place to put it, but when i opened the door the landlord's youngest kid was like right there and i was in a bathrobe and hadn't showered yet and just didn't want to have that interaction so i just shook the spider off the tissue and closed the door pronto

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

the other day i saved a relatively big spider

the spider i met today was in the sink at camp, and when we were closing up to come back to my place my dad asked if i was going to put the spider outside.
i said, "no way - it's killing all the bugs in the cabin for us and has shed like two exoskeletons while living in the sink, let it be."

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

spiders rule

i'm cool with centipedes, they don't usually bother me and vice versa - they do get big around here but they aren't dangerous

millipedes on the other hand are right fuckers - the little ones here are non-native and they are extremely annoying, smell horrible and the chemical they release eats carpets. they swarm in their thousands too cause not much eats them and will head towards any source of moisture indoors. i remember my first year living in Adelaide we had them invade the shower and form a wall covering of black bodies all the way up to the taps.

biosterous posted:

the other day i saved a relatively big spider that had fallen in my tub

nudged it onto a tissue and carried it out the front door

i was gonna find like a place to put it, but when i opened the door the landlord's youngest kid was like right there and i was in a bathrobe and hadn't showered yet and just didn't want to have that interaction so i just shook the spider off the tissue and closed the door pronto

nice work - i usually just put a jar over them, slide a bit of cardboard or paper underneath and turn it upside down since most of them can't climb glass

Heather Papps posted:

the spider i met today was in the sink at camp, and when we were closing up to come back to my place my dad asked if i was going to put the spider outside.
i said, "no way - it's killing all the bugs in the cabin for us and has shed like two exoskeletons while living in the sink, let it be."

this is also good, if they seem happy where they are and aren't bothering anyone then leaving them be is best

Heather Papps

hello friend

Stoner Sloth posted:

this is also good, if they seem happy where they are and aren't bothering anyone then leaving them be is best
dock spiders: very scary but also chill as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPSx8xK93Ps
this one in particular is a rare 7 legged hero spider

Stoner Sloth

Heather Papps posted:

dock spiders: very scary but also chill as hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPSx8xK93Ps
this one in particular is a rare 7 legged hero spider

drat fine spider and very chill indeed, here is another fine multilegged friend named 'Alfred'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LiALjybcJA

biosterous

i like the spider that wears a drop of water as a hat

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

when we came home from a vacation last summer there were like a million flies in the house, what the heck. while we were dealing with them my spouse smacked one and it tumbled to the ground, and before they could deal with it a spider scurried out from under the oven and grabbed it and scurried back. it was equal parts unsettling and friendly?

also spouse had the uncommon feeling of "i didn't know i was disappointed in this spider until now, why did it not kill more of the flies while we were away, c'mon spider you had one job"

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

like "i didn't know i was disappointed with you until right now, i was fine with your performance until i learned you existed"

gallery of sigs

he/him

unknown butthole

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
I've met two people who like spiders, goths and magicians.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I had a cd drive once which moved slow and stylishly and it kind of reminded me of languid crawl of a spider.

Stoner Sloth

biosterous posted:

i like the spider that wears a drop of water as a hat

oh man, jumping spiders are the best - especially our native peacock spiders, cute, charismatic and excellent dancers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI

check out the other videos the guy who posted this has - there are many different species each with their own unique look and dance style!

nut

Prurient Squid posted:

I had a cd drive once which moved slow and stylishly and it kind of reminded me of languid crawl of a spider.

powerful imagery here

alnilam

jumping spiders are :3: as heck

ty manifisto

alnilam

Stoner Sloth posted:

i usually just put a jar over them, slide a bit of cardboard or paper underneath and turn it upside down since most of them can't climb glass

Classic spider move, i learned it from Spider Tips N Tricks magazine

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

sometimes I sneak my way into a spider web and sit there for hours just acting to be a spider until the spider notices me and tells me to leave because I have not enough legs for the both of us

Looper
spiders are so cool, I'm flattered to be surfing their greatest creation every day and would happily give one as many high fives as it wants

Looper

unknown butthole posted:

I've met two people who like spiders, goths and magicians.

spiders are basically both of these things

more falafel please

forums poster

Looper posted:

spiders are basically both of these things

they all pull a lot of silk out of places you wouldn't expect

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Jaguars!

alnilam posted:

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

:spiderguy:

Khanstant
i cant wait till we all get those special goats that can grow spider silk in their bellies

Finger Prince

Khanstant posted:

i cant wait till we all get those special goats that can grow spider silk in their bellies

Wouldn't it be cool if part of that mutation made them have 8 eyes like a spider too? But freaky slit pupil goat eyes.

Khanstant

Finger Prince posted:

Wouldn't it be cool if part of that mutation made them have 8 eyes like a spider too? But freaky slit pupil goat eyes.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

spider goat, spider goat
abomination, spider goat

creation corrupted by man
does whatever a spider can

what the gently caress, did you see that spider goat?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Finger Prince posted:

owlhawk911 posted:

spider goat, spider goat
abomination, spider goat

creation corrupted by man
does whatever a spider can

what the gently caress, did you see that spider goat?

i'm not sure about the eight eyes but we could probably do the eight limb thing if we messed with the goat's HOX genes... we should totally do this, get some scientists high and make proper spider goats. let's spit in the eyes of the gods and build ourselves some abominations!