Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Drunk Nerds posted:

We just hit the second world, did we miss it or can it be bought in merge world?

Believe so, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cattail Prophet posted:

Can't wait to catch a Mammon in Moore and hold on to it all the way to Rugwizard, and also pick the Brave Blade I guess. I'm only like half kidding too, the novelty of it will be kind of interesting.
Mime to make you not able to use the Void Castle encounter instead? That's the most brutal thing I've ever seen.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Drunk Nerds posted:

We just hit the second world, did we miss it or can it be bought in merge world?

You can buy it in Mirage!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Thanks, everyone! The chance of summoning a chonkobo will keep my kids enthralled, no lie

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Run #9, Triple Crown #5 :toot:

Ninja/Bard/White/Freelancer

I mean, this is about as powerful as a group gets in this game.

Jobs Remaining: Time Mage

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I spent way too long on this.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Worth it.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Hempuli posted:

:toxx:

I'll donate $10, up to a maximum of $300 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of a geomancer attacking Neo-Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Just post a pic of the attack and a pic of the bell being equipped on the geomancer and we're good.

I don't get what the deal is, that bell is good!

You know, with bard and at lvl 99 with 99 magic when it procs the earthquake

It's so good, in fact, I used it to kill NED!

The memory values at the bottom left are health for all the parts and they all read zero because the memory changes the moment the attack starts.

I did get one regular lovely 200 damage attack too

This was a super strange team (Geomancer, Dragoon, Bard and Thief, in that order). I had so little damage throughout the entire game (I finished at lvl 23 so that might have been on me) until the very very end when I got the last two songs. This lead to some problems to say the least, which I now realize can almost all be solved with !Hide, my new MVP skill of FF5. I hid to drain ifrit, seal guardians and Necrofobe's Barrier's MP, and probably several others I forgot. Soul cannon was beaten by hiding from the surge beams. loving gargoyles were defeated by hiding and waiting until they both used fuse at the same time and killed themselves. Reflected zombie beat Meatdeath and Shinryu while the others were hiding. I've never used hide so much before in my life but apparently it's the solution to drat near everything! If romeo's ballad didn't work against Puroboros you could hide from that too!

Hide is love, Hide is life. A coward's way to victory. And it only took 19 and a half hours in game time.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Well this was the most trivial NED fight I've ever done, god chemists are busted.
Gave everyone sandals, ran the time mage with !summon and everyone else with !mix, tossed out life shields at the start of the treedeath fight to ignore white hole, and Golem to ignore the physicals.
Buffed everyone to lvl 99, doubled their health, dragon defense for Shell, Protect, Regen and Reflect. Dragon Shield just because, and Elemental Power on the casters.
Leviathan was doing 8k damage to everything, and I could just... facetank almagest without caring. Left the non-heavy part alive last and killed it with Zanetzuken from the Magic Lamp as a cherry on top.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

5 of 20 The Skald runs have been made, might as well do the first installment now. Reminder: $1 per run up to $20 where a Bard hits someone with an Axe.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Bufuman posted:

Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

My 4th run is white/time/summon/blue, which was perfect for this challenge.

White:

Black:

Time:

Blue:

Summon:

Song:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.
Turns out, boosted Titan will gently caress this dude up

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Can't wait to catch a Mammon in Moore and hold on to it all the way to Rugwizard, and also pick the Brave Blade I guess. I'm only like half kidding too, the novelty of it will be kind of interesting. Also Adamantoise's poison vulnerability being actually relevant was fun.

Mammon is a rare encounter in the part of the void where you fight Twintania. If you can get that far without Mime, you can avoid long term storage.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

does throwing fire scrolls count as exploiting its undead status?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

I have a thing! I got money, so let's use some of it for something good.

Over the next... let's say couple weeks, it'll be a bit before I can get my check in, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will now count on Carbybot, using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. I will do this up to, let's say, $30. I will also add $1 for every picture posted of a player hitting NED with a Fat Chocobo. (Only one per run, obviously.) That max will be $20.

I am also putting a $10 bounty of video proof of someone killing NED with a Fat Chocobo.

I did it, I killed NED with a fat chocobo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUkT2cddbU

The fat chocobo kill happens at 8:20

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Serene Dragon posted:

I did it, I killed NED with a fat chocobo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUkT2cddbU

The fat chocobo kill happens at 8:20
I did not expect someone to get it that quickly. :stare:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

I did not expect someone to get it that quickly. :stare:

Welcome to the Fiesta.

DollyDagger
Dec 31, 2007
I just finished my second run of the fiesta. BLU/SUM/NIN/RDM was super easy, beat NED at Lvl 27 which was the lowest I ever had. I had read Blue was broken but had never actually used it before and holy moly you guys weren't kidding. I can't believe how many bosses I took out with Death Claw and the Dark Spark->Lvl 5 Death combo. Then for the late game Mighty Guard and White Wind trivialized all the bosses in the Rift. Even with as powerful as Ninja and Summoner are, Blue Mage was far and away the run's MVP.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Bufuman posted:

Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

Wound up with my first Blue Mage, finally, so I decided to give it a whirl. (MIM/BLU/CHM/SAM)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Aerdan posted:

5 of 20 The Skald runs have been made, might as well do the first installment now. Reminder: $1 per run up to $20 where a Bard hits someone with an Axe.

Can Bard naturally equip an axe or do I have to do something... weird

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Can Bard naturally equip an axe or do I have to do something... weird

Learn Equip Axes from Berserker and put it on a Bard.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Run #10 (Triple Crown #6) done :toot:

Knight/Dragoon/Time/Summoner - of course it was good, it had the best job!

ultrafilter posted:

Same :toxx: as last year. Use all twenty regular jobs and I'll donate $20 plus your job fair expenses (up to the total price of one of each regular job). Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon. There is no requirement to do this in exactly five runs, but more than that is a lot of FFV.

Welp, it took me 10, because gilgabot just loved giving me repeats this year, and I didn't want to job fair more than once per run.

Here's the stuff I job faired in:

Fair total was $20 even (all the stuff above, plus the Time Mage I faired into run #10), but because the bot loves to troll, two of the times I job faired a new class I'd just turn around and get it again in the very next run (Mystic and Beastmaster)

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

So I only ended up doing 9 of them with BLM, because I'd already gotten a few hours into my first run before I saw this post :v:

Happy Fiesta, folks!

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 4, 2020

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Run #2: Pure Chaos - Chemist / Ranger / Ninja / Summoner

Well that was easy. Chemist with the Fiesta mod is a great Wind job, you start with the Flail and Healing Staff early and you get Turtle Shells at Karnak. Seriously could've been ten levels under what I finished at, but !Rapid Fire Ninja is just fun to waste poo poo with. Not much else to say about this crew other than they wreck face. Doing 9k x4 Leviathan on NED was particularly satisfying.

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Hopefully I'm not too late for this!

berenzen posted:

I have a little bit of expendable cash, so I think I'll make a :toxx: of my own.

I will pay $10 per superboss (to a max of $50 for each, $100 total) for anyone that beats them "legitimately". That means no quickleaking/!calm/!sing/chemist berserking omega, and no berserking/quickleaking shinryu. Basically, fight the superbosses without breaking their script in some way.

It's hard to capture, if you are running bard/beastmaster/time/etc. I'll still accept submissions, just use the honor system.

Well my Chemist didn't berserk Omega, but !Mix is completely broken. Started with Resist Fire, Dragon's Kiss, and Levisalve. Used Hermes so no need for Hasty-Ade, and no Goliath Tonic meant I could heal Wave Cannon with just Hi-Pots. Once I had enough Dragon Powers and Turtle Soups applied to damage him, it was just a lot of Succubus Kiss and a few Thunder Scrolls. Cheesy, sure, but not in the !Sing/!Calm sense I guess.

Shinryu I definitely just smacked with the Power Staff/Dark Sigh and spammed !Image :v:

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Funktastic posted:

does throwing fire scrolls count as exploiting its undead status?

I hope not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

apophenium posted:

My first win, and it was blind! :toot: Dragoon was, apparently, my only "bad" class, but I didn't mind it. Being able to Jump over things let me cheese a couple fights and get out of some rough jams. Summoner and Blue Mage were both excellent. Ranger was never my star damage dealer, and needing to give up using !Blue or !Summon to make it useful kinda sucked, but it pulled its weight.

Now to take on Shinryu and Omega! :black101:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 4, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bregor posted:

Well my Chemist didn't berserk Omega, but !Mix is completely broken. Started with Resist Fire, Dragon's Kiss, and Levisalve. Used Hermes so no need for Hasty-Ade, and no Goliath Tonic meant I could heal Wave Cannon with just Hi-Pots. Once I had enough Dragon Powers and Turtle Soups applied to damage him, it was just a lot of Succubus Kiss and a few Thunder Scrolls. Cheesy, sure, but not in the !Sing/!Calm sense I guess.

Cheese like that is fine. !Sing/!calm/quickleak is just so over done. Counted.

That puts it at 4/5 Omega, 5/5 Shinryu claimed

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Serene Dragon posted:

My 4th run is white/time/summon/blue, which was perfect for this challenge.

ArashiKurobara posted:

Wound up with my first Blue Mage, finally, so I decided to give it a whirl. (MIM/BLU/CHM/SAM)

Nice work, both of you added. That's 5 people for $25/100 so far, if I haven't missed anyone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just realized there were a bunch of other toxxes I missed because I did them but didn't take screenshots at the right time.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

berenzen posted:

Cheese like that is fine. !Sing/!calm/quickleak is just so over done. Counted.

That puts it at 4/5 Omega, 5/5 Shinryu claimed

Oh, if that counts that's how I killed Omega too

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

That's all 10 claimed then. I'll make the donation when i'm done work

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
Alright, how do I most easily cheese Omega with a team of Chemist, Time Mage, Summoner, and Thief, and will I have to grind more dragon fangs for it?

Hellioning posted:

You could always quick leak.

If you don't want to do that, you probably need more dragon fangs.

Yeah, quickleaking is probably probably faster and definitely less work than farming for the fangs and trying to do it legit. Thanks.

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 4, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You could always quick leak.

If you don't want to do that, you probably need more dragon fangs.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

And that's the superbosses down. Thank you, fast forward function.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

zharmad
Feb 9, 2010

I will finish a run for the first time ever (Neo Exdeath.) I've competed in 7 years of this but never finished a run. This is year 8. If I don't complete a run this time, I will donate $500 to the charity this year.

Let's see if I can manage with Monk, Red Mage, Bard, and Dancer.

God have mercy on my soul.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Barehanded Sword Dance :getin:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

zharmad posted:

I will finish a run for the first time ever (Neo Exdeath.) I've competed in 7 years of this but never finished a run. This is year 8. If I don't complete a run this time, I will donate $500 to the charity this year.

Let's see if I can manage with Monk, Red Mage, Bard, and Dancer.

God have mercy on my soul.

The trick is to rely heavily on Bard.

Hell, Equip Harps will slightly boost your Red Mage’s Magic, because Bard has higher Magic than Red Mage.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Poor Red Mage. What did they do to deserve this?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hellioning posted:

Poor Red Mage. What did they do to deserve this?

too many points allocated to hat

not enough points allocated to brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

RDM lets him snap rods to power through a ton of stuff, and later on you need more bodies to sing anyways. Not as good as other mages for sure, but if its the only one you have it does enable a lot of stuff.