Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The preregistration form doesn't say anything about a new run mode. Is there anything somewhere else yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ultrafilter posted:

The preregistration form doesn't say anything about a new run mode. Is there anything somewhere else yet?

Nope. No information on a new run yet

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Whats Winner Run? I don't recognize or remember it from last year and it isn't defined in the FJF sites help section

Also, RevenantKioku should probably go through and clean up Random / Chaos / Pure Chaos into just one option (Pure Chaos), imho

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Feldegast42 posted:

Whats Winner Run?

#Winner is a fixed set of jobs that won polls in spring 2019. It’s a boring walk to triple crown. White, Blue, Time, Summoner iirc.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

I'd be fine with him combining chaos and pure chaos as long as he kept a dupes/no dupes toggle

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

So, what is the actual riskiness of #risk anyway? Is it about a 25% chance per job, and how is it affected by donations?

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

So, what is the actual riskiness of #risk anyway? Is it about a 25% chance per job, and how is it affected by donations?
it's based off of how many people register and how much is donated as far as i remember. also i believe normal runs (including normal 750 and no 750 runs) can only have one berserker and it'll replace the water crystal job

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, you have to be on a run that allows dupes to get them?

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Per some amount of money donated before the fest start, a 100% guaranteed Berserker is added to the Berserker pool. Players who choose to risk have a chance of having at least one job slot able to have a Berserker replaced by our good friend Zerky. Actual percent chances vary depending on number of riskers and how much money is donated.

I think the only run types that can get multizerker are the Chaos runs and Random, as well (not 100% on that). Normal berserkerrisk runs can only get a single berserker no matter how many berserkers have been added to the pool.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

You can get multiple berserkers on Pure Chaos as well, even though it's no dupes normally. I know because I got 3 on my pure chaos berserker risk in 2017.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

#regeverhate

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
You know what's fun about multiple Berserkers?

??

?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
fewer commands needed to be input

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ace Transmuter posted:

You know what's fun about multiple Berserkers?

??

?

Figuring out how to support them with the two/one person you can actually control.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I too enjoy not playing games I'm playing

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
poo poo posting aside, I do actually enjoy having a Zerk around, and I can see the limited appeal of the Three-Zerks-and-a-Babysitter run (Dragon Warrior IV fans deserve a bone thrown to them every once in a while).

Quadzerk is a Natural run.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I still have not gotten more than one zerker in any of my runs. Maybe I should just go straight chaos risk this year instead of chaos 750

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

A single Zerky I find helps keep my brain from getting overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff I have to process in more intense battles (I have a developmental disorder that makes the brain processes that FFV asks of its player a lot harder).

Two is annoying, but tolerable (especially with a 750 run (let Pure Chaos be modified I want no-dupe wizards)).

Three starts to become actively unfun.

I see no appeal in quadzerker and am glad that historically it is very rare to be the poor bastard with the quadzerker millstone around your neck.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Like Clockwork posted:

Two is annoying, but tolerable (especially with a 750 run (let Pure Chaos be modified I want no-dupe wizards)).

Purechaos 750 and no750 are my biggest wishes right now. Doesn't seem like it would be a difficult implementation, either!

E: Chaos 750 Risk is my favorite but random also sounds good!
vvvvvvv

Poque fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 1, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Like Clockwork posted:

That's a compelling argument, I will now have my berserker risk run be random 750.

And forbidden, so I can't wait until I get my one good job voided again!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i remember i saw a mod once which let you set a bunch of secondary abilities for berserker which basically replaced their fight command and i thought that was neat.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1267280361131700225
Votes are ~now~ live.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Technical difficulties. NOW it's a proper Fiesta season.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1267241870062546945

:hai:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Due to this blatant outrageous politicalization of FJF I have decided to double the numbers for my toxx

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

:toxx:
$10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

$20 up to a max of $500

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Pure Chaos Risk! :sickos:

I will be doing 25$ to start, to water the zerker tree. 25 to finish.

Then 50 bucks if my friends who starts every year actually finishes, plus 30 if he finishes before me.

This is exciting!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Just registered and chipped in $25 to start. I'm sure it will be more.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All :toxx:es up to this one:

apophenium posted:

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

should be in the third post. I am also reprising mine from last year. As follows:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS, AGAIN :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Also, this does not apply right now, but I am also reprising my end-of-Fiesta toxx based on stats that we rack up in Discord - for every rod broken (tracked with the .break command) and every person who hits the speed trap (tracked with the .trapped command), I am chipping in two cents a rod and ten cents a speed trap, up to a combined $100.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 24, 2020

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

ten cents a speed trap

This has to be accidental right? I fear everyone has this one memorized.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

if you're playing with turbo/thief dash on its real easy to run into it even if you know where it is

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

I hit the speed trap on my first run every year

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Funktastic posted:

if you're playing with turbo/thief dash on its real easy to run into it even if you know where it is

It's very much like the dril candle tweet. "stop using fast forward" "no"

That's as much a dunk on myself as anyone else, mind. I'm usually good for at least a hit or two a year.

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
I have no idea what all this talk is as I've never played it, but it's a good charity. I'll give my initial donation and plus an extra :toxx: up to 50. 10 dollars on every run who's never tried this and gets to the end boss. No completion required and no matter what difficulty. Just a pic or your word.

Pirc fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 2, 2020

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

The laws of the universe mean nothing to this guy!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Vernatio posted:

The laws of the universe mean nothing to this guy!

that's it, fanart winner for this year is here

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'll hit the speed trap like 4 times a row at some point this fiesta. It happens every year. Even last year, when I only did 1 run.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
What is a speed trap

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There's a bit in the Ronka Ruins where there's a trap floor that, if you step on it, you fall down. People who play the game a lot know it's there, but might not dodge it in time if they're going fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
There's actually several of those, but this is the only one that's directly in your path, and furthermore, it's only one panel south of a doorway you need to go through, so it's incredibly easy to hold the d-pad down an instant longer than you need to (especially if you're playing on turbo, hence the name Speed Trap) and plummet down to lose a few seconds.