Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MagusDraco posted:

Run 2 Pure Chaos: Freelancer / Ranger / Bard / Geomancer or "Rapid fire goes brrrr"

This run was pretty easy and it's always nice to just trounce NED after barding yourself up to 99 stats while staring down a tree.

Power Staff + Dark Bow + Got to apollo harp to handle Shinryu (who still killed me once)

Romeo's Ballad X3 + Freelancer rapidfiring for Omega.

Decided to at least open up Run 3 and my first job was Chemist. Decided to look at the rest and well

Run 3 Chaos: Chemist / Berserker / Time Mage / Red Mage or "Succfest 2020 is a go"

Too be fair anything /tim/chm is basically a free triple crown, it's just a matter of which way you want to break the game.

Even if you're not abusing quickleak, you got Doublecast meteors and all the chemist nonsense one could want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

has anyone else had problems with gilgabot this year? I ended up needing to register through the website instead of twitter. Also, how long does it normally take a job fair reroll to happen?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Iirc all job fair stuff has to get processed by RK manually, so it could be a while, especially if it's nighttime in Japan when you request it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gatesealer posted:

has anyone else had problems with gilgabot this year? I ended up needing to register through the website instead of twitter. Also, how long does it normally take a job fair reroll to happen?

Yeah, I usually like to go through gilgabot for my jobs because I find the little blurbs he says funny, but I've been using the website more and more often recently because gilgabot just isn't responding. It's very annoying.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Hope this counts for the kill the dinosaur toxx!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dragoon/Dragoon/Bard/Mystic Knight down!
Blue/Black/Ninja/Ranger/Samurai/Dancer to go!

dropkickpikachu
Dec 20, 2003

Ash: You sell rocks?
Flint: Pewter City souveneirs, you want to buy some?
Well that sure was close. This is my first ever earnest attempt at doing FJF and I had to grind out like four levels to squeak this victory by. And then my Water crystal job is: Berserker. :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

dropkickpikachu posted:

Well that sure was close. This is my first ever earnest attempt at doing FJF and I had to grind out like four levels to squeak this victory by. And then my Water crystal job is: Berserker. :getin:

Make sure you steal that Gaia Hammer from Titan, and you'll have the power of a god for world 2

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

my reroll finally went through and i have Black mage, Summoner, Ninja, Dragoon. Is it worth it to get phoenix since i have very little healing?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Elixirs are a lot easier to get than phoenix.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Healing is unnecessary when you murder everything you look at in aught point two seconds.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Going through phoenix tower is very useful if only to give everyone dual wield from magic pots, though.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I found out that the GBA version of FF5 changed the Black Flames north of Crescent so that they're weak to physical attacks and heavily resistant to magic.

So uh, where do I grind instead? Or should I not worry too much and just blow elixirs on knifing archaeoavis to death? BLKM/GEO/BARD atm.
(yeah I just blew through my hi potions and a couple of elixirs while I knifed it to death. turns out geomancer is better at knifing than my other classes!)

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 26, 2020

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

1234567890num posted:

Going through phoenix tower is very useful if only to give everyone dual wield from magic pots, though.

Make sure to abuse savestates so you don't burn elixirs unnecessarily!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Someone on the Discord has claimed surgical kills on Melusine, Omniscient and Leviathan.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

dropkickpikachu posted:

If you get thief again, what I've found works for garuda pretty consistently is:

(1) grind for knives in the ghost ship.
(optional 1a) grind for some elixirs in the ghost ship.
(2) on the mountain, take some time to steal some sunglasses from the stone block guys. it is a common steal and gives a bit of stats.
(3) you should be able to afford the best equipment in walse and a stack of potions, stock up.
(4) steal mythril knives from wyverns in the tower.
(optional 4a) grind for some elixirs in the ghost ship. It is a little back tracking at this point, but much faster with your better gear.
(5) when fighting garuda, he starts counter attacking at like half health or something. so shove 3 people in the back line, spam potions with them as needed and only use 1 person to attack at that point.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The plus side is that Thief/zerker is actually kind of a pleasant combo. Artful Dodger on Zerkers is extremely good, and equip axes on thieves (even if you don't actually put an axe on) is a huge shot in the arm for their melee damage because it's a huge boost in their strength. If you're not explicitly looking to mug enemies (or IIRC if you're using the balance patch of the GBA rom, which turns steal to mug automatically when you unlock it) it's worth it to take it just for the extra strength and health alone.

Once you get to endgame and have a chicken knife though you'll want Mug, specifically because of how chicken knife interacts with mug.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Geomancer/Dancer/Chemist/Ninja down!

Job fairing into Blue/Black/Ranger/Samurai for the last run before I tap into ultrafilter's toxx :retrogames:

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

McFrugal posted:

I found out that the GBA version of FF5 changed the Black Flames north of Crescent so that they're weak to physical attacks and heavily resistant to magic.

So uh, where do I grind instead? Or should I not worry too much and just blow elixirs on knifing archaeoavis to death? BLKM/GEO/BARD atm.
(yeah I just blew through my hi potions and a couple of elixirs while I knifed it to death. turns out geomancer is better at knifing than my other classes!)

Have your black mage snap rods on the Black Flames. You get (slightly) more money per fight than a rod costs, and it should only take a single rod to kill them all. Maybe two if they get lucky with their level-halving and target the black mage.

Buy as many as you can afford, snap them all, go back to shop and heal up, repeat.

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013

Azza Bamboo posted:

:toxx: I want to see some SURGICAL BOSS KILLS

What is a surgical boss kill? It's when you can show me video footage of a boss being killed by a 1hp damage attack. That way I know you've killed them for the exact amount of HP they have and no more.

I will donate $2.50 for every time someone ITT shows me any one boss on this list being surgically killed.

Melusine
Omniscient
Leviathan
Catastrophe
Twintania
Neo Exdeath

However, each boss on this list can only be claimed three times. e.g. once I've seen three surgical Melusine kills, I'll stop paying out for surgical Melusine kills.

Finally, the first person to get a surgical triple crown - surgically killing NED, Shinryu and Omega, will see me drop $25 into the pot.

:toxx:

p.s. I'm not a huge mathematics nerd or someone who understands the game mechanics very well. I am not certain if it is possible to surgically kill each of these bosses.

OP already saw most of these on the Discord but here's every boss surgically killed for the thread's viewing pleasure (and to all to sort them in one place)

Also this was on my 3rd run's team to make this easy:

NED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJ2XRF8G40
(I just uploaded unedited so apologies for hearing me screencap in the background to send to the website)

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
"It's my first time playing FF5. I might as well fight the superbosses legit, right? I mean, I can always cheese them on future runs, but I should see what they've got this time, right?"

I am never doing this again.

So many needles. So very, very many needles.

e: actually, I think there's a toxx for this, right? I'm the best. Yay charity. I didn't have !Calm equipped.

nrook fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jun 27, 2020

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

How do you do that?

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
Have magical rolls on the website

Bard and White Mage lets me control the battle with buffs (especially since 3 of those bosses can be stop-locked with !Sing), Excalipoor is always a guaranteed 1 damage (unless you use Goblin Punch).

I chose to put Equip Swords on Dragoon so I can accurately show what Dragoon's damage is like kill in style with !Jump.

TheWonderTrickster fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 27, 2020

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

berenzen posted:

I have a little bit of expendable cash, so I think I'll make a :toxx: of my own.

I will pay $10 per superboss (to a max of $50 for each, $100 total) for anyone that beats them "legitimately". That means no quickleaking/!calm/!sing/chemist berserking omega, and no berserking/quickleaking shinryu. Basically, fight the superbosses without breaking their script in some way.

It's hard to capture, if you are running bard/beastmaster/time/etc. I'll still accept submissions, just use the honor system.

featuring cool ranch

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

TheWonderTrickster posted:

Have magical rolls on the website

Bard and White Mage lets me control the battle with buffs (especially since 3 of those bosses can be stop-locked with !Sing), Excalipoor is always a guaranteed 1 damage (unless you use Goblin Punch).

I chose to put Equip Swords on Dragoon so I can accurately show what Dragoon's damage is like kill in style with !Jump.

I must admit I was curious if Excalipoor's "1 damage, noone exception" would take precedent over Omega's ridiculous defense.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Well it was sloppy as gently caress, but my first ever 4jf is done and I got the triple crown.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
am i looking at the job fair site wrong or is there no way to donate for >1 gba class? or necromancer period?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Relin posted:

am i looking at the job fair site wrong or is there no way to donate for >1 gba class? or necromancer period?

You can job fair the GBA classes, but only on the Earth Crystal as they take over that slot on a GBA run.

You can't use Necromancer at all, because you have to clear the Sealed Temple to unlock it. Clearing the Temple under Fiesta restrictions is nigh impossible, so the only way to get Necro is with cheats or mods and RK will never officially allow that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cattail Prophet posted:

I must admit I was curious if Excalipoor's "1 damage, noone exception" would take precedent over Omega's ridiculous defense.
It takes precedence over everything afaik - if Omega also had Protect, still 1 damage.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

BisbyWorl posted:

You can job fair the GBA classes, but only on the Earth Crystal as they take over that slot on a GBA run.

You can't use Necromancer at all, because you have to clear the Sealed Temple to unlock it. Clearing the Temple under Fiesta restrictions is nigh impossible, so the only way to get Necro is with cheats or mods and RK will never officially allow that.

It would be pretty neat if there was an advance chaos/purechaos run, where the GBA classes were added to the class pool.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

BisbyWorl posted:

Don't make us tap alcharagia's sign again.

Necromancer isn't even good for a Fiesta setting; all the downsides of Bone Mail with none of the upsides or ability to wear Bone Mail, can only get one of their skills before World 3 and only a third to half of them before the final boss. Most of their kit is in the Sealed Shitshow.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Wasn't there a donation incentive for killing the Tyrannosaur without instakilling it? If so.

Yup, there was.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:toxx:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

Son of a Vondruke! fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 29, 2020

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Started a pure chaos run now that my first is done

DRG/MIM/BRD/BLM

This is super interesting as a combo, lets see what I can do with it.

Italax
May 10, 2012

Part of the problem.
Decided to try this for my first run since I’ve never had the motivation to pick up FFV before and rollers White Mage as my first job!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DeathSandwich posted:

Well it was sloppy as gently caress, but my first ever 4jf is done and I got the triple crown.

The ending changes based on who's alive at the end of the final battle. It's not always as depressing as what you got.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Glad I finally aught this when it was happening. I tweeted @FF5ForFutures #regpurechaos , that gets me a pure chaos job assignment, right?

And I want to just :toxx: donate $30 ($20 from me, $5 from my sons' allowance) to wherever we are supposed to be donating, but I couldn't figure out exactly where (pure chaos is my household daily routine). Where can I send the money?

Edit: Done. Chemist. On sale for $8 at the steam store

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 27, 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

All :toxx:es up to this one:

should be in the third post. I am also reprising mine from last year. As follows:

You know what's stupid? The Brave Blade. You know what loving rules?

:black101: TWO RAGNAROKS, AGAIN :black101:

So I'm :toxx:ing a $5 donation (up to $50) for the first ten people who finish their fiesta with two fuckin' Ragnaroks. Get the first from Shinryu, get the second from stealing it from Neo-Exdeath, and then take a picture during the NED fight of either both equipped or both in your item list to count.
Looks like I missed the cutoff but I did it anyway because why not

Third Triple Crown of the year, 3 more to go if I want to finish ultrafilter's toxx

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, so if I want a wind job, I tweet "@FF5ForFutures #Wind" ? I've gotten gilgabot to give me purechaos job and fire job (because I messed up because I am stupid), but they're not responding to my wind request.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tweeting #wind does nothing, your wind job is the one you got from your original #reg tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

BisbyWorl posted:

sorry, what do you mean take over?