Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

EDIT: Fixed my images. Thanks W.T. Fits!
Hi goons, how long does it normally take for victories to register?

In any case, my first run was a pretty straightforward success. The closest thing to a problem I encountered was that I forgot to get a Power Staff, but the Wonder Wand chumps Shinryu just as well(seriously, the hard part of Shinryu was getting a good shot of him dying).
Ninja is powerful, but with Berserker being my only other melee class, it was definitely overshadowed by Blue and Time mage. Neo ExDeath is such a breeze when you can put up Hastega+Mighty Guard and watch your 'Zerker hack away with a !Time-powered Rune Axe while spamming Meteor.

Kurgarra Queen fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

SMN/WHM/BRD/MNK is kinda ridiculous. SMN just AOEs through everything and I don't think I've ever had WHM in fiesta and it is really nice being able to heal. ~3 hours in and I'm already at barrier tower

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

apophenium posted:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

On the road to getting all 20! Dancer is just too much loving fun.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

No toxxes to claim here, but BLU/BST/BER/DRG run complete. Putting !Blue on everyone makes NED hilariously easy -- rune axe on the zerker (who ended up being *extremely* good and chunked out 4k damage against NED consistently at level 35), dragoon in the air as often as possible, and them and the blue mage and the beastmaster throwing out white wind and mighty guard whenever needed.

Amazingly, the blue mage (Lenna) didn't actually do much damage throughout the fight since she got hit with Old a couple minutes in, so she was mostly firing off support spells and trying to keep the Grand Cross segment in check with mind blast.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I'm like behind 4 run posts and a hundred and something posts to read but I just had to say right now for posterity:

:aaaaa: I've finally done it!

Okay, back to the game.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Run 5 - Random - Thief / Time Mage / Bard / Samurai - Complete!

This wasn't super fun, but it also wasn't very hard. Just not a lot of synergy between jobs. I ended up going for Meteo just as an extra damage source, since my !Mugging Thief and Masamune Samurai weren't really enough otherwise. I damage raced Shin (very easy with Quick Apollo and a lot of dodging/blocking equipment) and stoplocked Omega while waiting for Masamune crits as my source of damage. No quickleaking used!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

(My screenshots are kind of large, don't want to hog up space.)

Just use the [timg] tag.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind

Run four down, Popular this time.

NED: Spent the TED fight singing my way to omnipotence, with shell and blink to ignore what he was throwing out, then threw out 9999 damage Zeninage and Holy. NED got one action off in total.

Omega: Pretty standard lockdown with bard... until I tried bouncing holy at it, and realised my mistake. Zeninage and normal attacks did 0 damage, but katana crits dealt the full 9999.

Shinryu: White Mage. Not much to say, berserked the bard to speed up the clock.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Doom Goon posted:

I'm like behind 4 run posts and a hundred and something posts to read but I just had to say right now for posterity:

:aaaaa: I've finally done it!

Okay, back to the game.

Was there supposed to be a screenshot here?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

oldskool posted:

Charity needs more money IMO

:toxx:
$15 each for the first 10 runners to give me a screenshot in Library of the Ancients B1 with all 4 characters vulnerable to Level 5 Death, in honor of how many times I've blindly bumbled my way near Byblos and gotten nuked back to wherever I last remembered to save because everybody's level 15.

Hopefully these count - SNES doesn't show location on the menu. But the first two screenshots were taken simultaneously, and the Byblos screenshot shows them all at max HP.

(Byblos' color due to him about to spray his goo on me)

edit: bonus screenshot showing that I should be around the AP level to learn Magic Barrier from the Byblos fight

Poque fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 12, 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

5th run/triple crown complete, this was the quickest yet
BRD/SMN/WHM/MNK

Now all I have left for the ultrafilter toxx is GEO and NIN so I get to fill in the gaps with whatever I want :getin:

Probably not CHM, as much as it owns you have to spend so much time grinding for parts.

BLU feels the same

Maybe I'll just do SMN/BRD again

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Run 4 done, team cozy axes all done and dusted. WHM/ZERK/BARD/THIEF The hardest part was the first world and getting past liquiflame/Byblos/Sandworm. Wound up having to do some extra grinding for levels early, but once I got kitted out in death scythes and past the big roadblock bosses I pretty much ran roughshod over the entire rest of the game. Wound up stealing a gaia hammer from Titan and it never left the whitemage.

Going for all classes, I'm looking at either Monk/time/free/chemist or mystic/sum/Range/whatever for the next run. Either way should be pretty deviant.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

So I'm on Exdeath in his castle and I have Summoner, Red Mage, Monk, and Bard as my classes.

Is there anything I can do besides a job fair for the mage?

Finally got through this, thanks everyone!
Went with two summoners hammering titan, one summoner keeping up carbuncle and golem, and a red mage playing field medic. I actually crushed through this, which made me regret stopping to gain 6 levels before doing it. But that will make it easier to set up a lot of these pledges. I run a lot of fundraisers, so I'm using this to show my kids how one creates revenue flow by attaching an event to a cause.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

Killed it with fire scrolls

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

DalaranJ posted:

The Perfect Crime
:toxx: $20 up to a maximum of $200 for each person who can show me,

Post one screenshot showing your classes. You cannot use a thief at any time during this challenge.
Post one screenshot showing your item list containing the following items:
1. Titan's Glove
2. Genji Armor
3. Kornago Gourd (or 2 if you have a beastmaster)
4. 3 Gold Hairpins

(Reminder: There is a gold hairpin in Barrier Tower, and one in the Pyramid, don't forget to pick them up.)

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1282525692371009537

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
Run 5: Monk/KnightChemist/Geo/Zerky

At first when I saw that team (with Knight), I immediately thought to job fair to anything to make it realistically possible to TC. But then I remembered from the Discord that there's a bug-fix patch on SNES for various bugs, including for Power Drink (as is in most versions I am not checking Mobile, it only applies +20 Attack to Goblin Punch instead of the +20 Attack in general). So I immediately thought "Yeah I want to see Monk punch for 9999" and job faired for Chemist.

(I had to improvise with Chemist with Brawl because I originally wanted Galuf to Drink and punch Exdeath really hard, but Project Demi skips that fight)

However, I just realized that this is a thing:

Hempuli posted:

I'll donate $10, up to a maximum of $300 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of a geomancer attacking Neo-Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Just post a pic of the attack and a pic of the bell being equipped on the geomancer and we're good.

Well. Looks like that Gaia's Bell uses Long Range Axe formula. I can get BIG NUMBERS thanks to Power Drink, so why not get the TC by capturing everything getting killed by the Gaia's Bell?

This bug-fix patch also fixes Blessed Kiss so I fought Omega Legit by succing it with sweet kisses setting it up for my Geo to 1v1 with Succubus Kiss.

I am however very dumb and forgot that Weapon Attack caps out at 255 so the max damage I can do with Geo at 32 Strength is 9932 (before any defense is applied) on the best possible roll. I spent over 40 Power Drinks and Phoenix Downs on Shinryu and NED separately, when I could have just bought Str boosting gear (Or Berserk the Geo but I wanted to capture the in-battle main/off-hand equipped to show that I did equip the Gaia Bell to get the killing blow) :eng99:

Edit: I registered for a new run not long after and-

Hey that's only two jobs I need to job fair into Earth Crystal jobs!

TheWonderTrickster fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 13, 2020

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

:allbuttons:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Counted this! Thank you :)

Counted! And you know what, I'll throw in an extra $20 for those two other crowns. Thank you, that was cool!

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Run 5 is underway for me - Monk/Time/Sum/Chem - should be a thoroughly deviant run. !drink should keep monk relevant throughout the game, but I'm just not looking forward to the farm for Turtle shells, Dragon Fangs, and gil. Worse case scenario, Time/Summoner are broken enough that the Chemist isn't going to need to carry the entire run on his shoulders and won't need to farm as hard. Just Air knife him and spam Slydra will be good enough for most trash encounters.

To hit all classes, my run #6 is going to wind up Mystic/Ranger/Ninja/Freelancer which is pretty much going to be a disgustingly broken op run. Freelancer with Rapidfire dual wield Spellblade with Masamune and Rune Axe is going to be straight bonkers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.
Well, this was fun. Didn't even think I was going to do it, but then Bartz's Ancient Sword landed Old on the first swing, so I decided gently caress it, why not. Blasted away with Fira and thwacks. Didn't even break rods or Zeninage.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

DeathSandwich posted:

To hit all classes, my run #6 is going to wind up Mystic/Ranger/Ninja/Freelancer which is pretty much going to be a disgustingly broken op run. Freelancer with Rapidfire dual wield Spellblade with Masamune and Rune Axe is going to be straight bonkers.

Just fyi, I don't think axes are !spellbladeable.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Katanas aren't either.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

But the Chicken Knife and Ragnarok are! :eng101:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
IIRC, when I one-shotted Omega with that team, I used CK/Enhancer.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Spellblade doesn't do anything to the chicken knife's flee proc does it?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nope, just adds 100 attack power to its comically high multiplier.

E: Or does the usual Elemental Spellblade Bullshit, but.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 14, 2020

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Bruceski posted:

Spellblade doesn't do anything to the chicken knife's flee proc does it?

RapidFire does, and I think Dual Wield does as well if the Chicken Knife is the second weapon.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I think the Twin Lance has to be the first weapon for Duel Wield to work at cancelling the chicken knife's flee proc. At least that is what enkibot says.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

Same :toxx: as last year. Use all twenty regular jobs and I'll donate $20 plus your job fair expenses (up to the total price of one of each regular job). Any kind of run is fine except for #fifthjob or some other mode that has you using more than four jobs in a single playthrough.

If you're going to do this, I suggest that you plan ahead a bit. This is going to take at least five runs, and you don't want the last one to be something like Monk/Berserker/Geomancer/Dragoon. There is no requirement to do this in exactly five runs, but more than that is a lot of FFV.

Here are the death shots for the last run

Job fair costs:
Run #1: $0
Run #2: $5 for DRG/DNC
Run #3: $5 for CHM
Run #4: $5 for BLM
Run #5: $7 for WHM/BRD/MNK
Run #6: $7 for NIN/BRD

for a total of $29

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completions: blakelmenakle, Procrastine, Serene Dragon, Fat and Useless, JibberJabberwocky x2, Orange Fluffy Sheep, Vernatio, Shyfted, Spelling Mitsake, Zerilan, Man With Hat, TheWonderTrickster
I decided to do my own toxx

Hempuli posted:

I'll donate $10, up to a maximum of $300 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of a geomancer attacking Neo-Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Just post a pic of the attack and a pic of the bell being equipped on the geomancer and we're good.

And another for good measure

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

I goblin punched Omega to death successfully, if only to prove I could.

Bufuman posted:

Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

I finally got blue mage, the only requirement for this.

I cannot get dark arts as it is impossible to get a Necromancer in a four job fiesta.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
Berserk Omniscient

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I did this with fira blade and fire scrolls! I'm playing on a GBA Micro and missed the kill photo though so I don't know if it counts. :(

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I did it with Freaky there but I didn't know it was a toxx. It was less expensive to throw scrolls than the phoenix down.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
The guy isn't very hard for following Archie, the meteor bosses, and bridge Gilgamesh. If you don't use !fight specifically he doesn't do anything and sucks.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
It was a little bit harder for me as I had two dual wielding zerks so I got hit with double counters but I still got through it without much trouble. That said, I'm very glad I asked on Discord what death vulnerability meant for an undead enemy or I'd have gone into that fight with 6 death sickles... :ohdear:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:toxx: $1 up to $50 for every screenshot of a game over against Calofisteri :toxx:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Poque posted:

:toxx: $1 up to $50 for every screenshot of a game over against Calofisteri :toxx:
Finally, an impossible toxx :aaa:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Goblins are cool, blue mages are cool. Goblin punch is pretty neat, as well!
:)

https://vimeo.com/438392585
https://twitter.com/BookWyvern/status/1283225950910443522

So I guess a single Blue Mage is technically a "guaranteed" triple crown lol. If you're the right level and say you use Vampire on the GBA versions. You could probably make it easier in a variety of ways (death procs, that equipment glitch that only works on the US GBA version) but I wanted to keep it simple and show you could do it with 3 of anything else as well (Monks w/ crits would probably be the hardest? I guess you could just Time Slip them even if they were a high level). And, boy, was that an awful Omega win, no fancy script reading or anything and there were at least 2 non-Reflected punches, a bad Vampire, and a blocked Maelstrom.

Honestly I'm a little surprised it didn't take longer, I got 2 successes in a something like a little over one 7 to 10 hours marathon Wonder Rod grind (the first being an embarrassing wipe on an early Flame Shield replace). I didn't even know the RNG was that varied enough to work to be quite honest.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Wait, zombied party members don't count as undead for drain attacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poque posted:

I actually almost did this, went into the battle half-cocked.