Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

dirby posted:

Oh hey, I can register for a run from my fiesta page linked to my twitter. I've never beaten this game.

In 2016 I...got to world 2? with Knight Summoner, Geo, and Samurai.
In 2019 I got to world 3 (I forget where but there were suddenly-tough enemies that look like Omega) with Blue, Berserker, Chemist, and Cannoneer.

This year I'm trying Advance again and maybe I'll finally finish a run.

My favorite part about this is everything is so janky that the fiesta page registration just creates a tweet.

Also, do people not use enkibot anymore? I just saw a spreadsheet in the op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

DD appears to be grinding eqribbon with three characters dead in the middle of meatfort?
e: Maybe grinding hi potions?

I would assume grinding levels for zenigage damage?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
To elaborate, the zenigage damage formula is (Level + 10 - Defense) * 150

Most things in the game have low defense which is why its damage is so crazy.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I pulled Black Mage, Mystic Knight, Beastmaster, Samurai.

I know Omega is free, what can I do for Shinryu to secure the triple crown? Wonder Rod berserk and then either mirage vest glitch or pray for blade grasp? I would really prefer not to do all that menuing for the vests since he's so fast. Can I masamune initiative into lamp carbuncle to survive wave so I can wear shoes?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

Hermes Sandals on everyone and plenty of Phoenix Downs. Shinryu is fast, but with everyone Hasted you'll still be able to outpace him. Don't even need Magic Lamp shenanigans for the opening Tidal Wave (which wouldn't work anyway since it can't be reflected), because your Wonder Wand user will go before him.

Thanks. For some reason I thought Carbuncle had shell as well.

Does spellblade last between deaths? I want to hit him with flare blade but if I have to reapply it that doesn't seem worth it.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

blue/berserker/mime/beastmaster

I've never used Mime before so this should be interesting

Does Mime give you free releases? If so that could be fun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

nrook posted:

Hmm, my first-time playthrough of FFV seems to have been derailed into spending hours listening to Battle at the Big Bridge rearrangements after fighting bridge Gilgamesh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nroym8NrdQU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Just finished my triple crown with Black/Mystic/Beast/Samurai.

It was less powerful than the all star squad I had last year, but still pretty easy. Black magic killed most things, Mystic killed things that didn't have an elemental weakness, Beast was indispensible for Sandworm/Omega/Shinryu and didn't bother with it for anything else, Mystic night Samurai threw money at Ned.

Second year in a row my most deaths were against archesour or whatever in ronka because it's the first fight I couldn't hold a through

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Gotta get those sweet boosted water scrolls with the magus rod.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
I wasn't sure and the top Google result said it boosted water. Egg on my face

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Decided what the heck, I'll do two runs this year and regged pure chaos.

Got Mystic/Time/Blue/White.

Maybe I'll do 3 runs...

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The beauty of ninja is it's impossible to have a team that doesn't benefit from either dual wield or throw, and as a bonus you get someone who can use the chicken knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

DrOnline posted:

Victory! First playthrough/ fiesta. Didn't try to take on the extra bosses but next year. As for NED, he got a whole lot easier once I realized everybody could spam quick for extra turns/ big gil tossing.

If you have a time mage the triple crown is literally free