Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Run #1: Pure Chaos Berserker Risk
Blue Mage, Berserker, Dragoon, Summoner

Got a freebie with my first run, so figured I would try to challenge myself with some of the :toxx:es. Even then, the only real challenge was dealing with my own Berserker when trying to get the Confusion-required Blue Magics (and one unfortunate wipe to Crystals when I wasn't paying attention to their health close enough).

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

:toxx:
$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Bufuman posted:

Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Kyrosiris posted:

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
Run #2: Pure Chaos
Time Mage, Red Mage, Berserker, Dancer

A lot of broken rods but a pretty smooth run throughout. Easy triple crown with quick leak, though NED took a couple tries to get enough Sword Dances and Meteors to land before Almagest went off, since I was no where close to being able to live through it. Dualcast and Quick letting me drop 5 Meteors in one turn made the rest of the void just crumble.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Unreal_One posted:

Also, it's too late now, but did WHM/BRD/BST/THF have a way to kill Omega? Only thing I came up with was reflecting thunder procs from blitz whip, but I'm pretty sure that would run out of MP healing people back up before getting anything near dead, even after releasing Thunder Dragons.

You can have the WHM attack with a Morning Star; it uses the axe damage formula which only factors 1/4 defense. Even then it still takes a long while since you can only break through on high rolls.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
Run #3 Pure Chaos
Mime, Berserker, Chemist, Geomancer

Synergy didn't exist with this team, but it didn't matter because Chemist. Mime was interesting to have early as it gave me access to rods, though by the end it was just a tankier Geomancer with Mix. Berserker had no useful abilities from the other classes, so I just gave them the Chicken Knife and hoped for the best.

Hempuli posted:

I'll donate $10, up to a maximum of $300 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of a geomancer attacking Neo-Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Just post a pic of the attack and a pic of the bell being equipped on the geomancer and we're good.

Even souped up on Dragon Powers it only did about 400 damage.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

oldskool posted:

Charity needs more money IMO

$15 each for the first 10 runners to give me a screenshot in Library of the Ancients B1 with all 4 characters vulnerable to Level 5 Death, in honor of how many times I've blindly bumbled my way near Byblos and gotten nuked back to wherever I last remembered to save because everybody's level 15.

Lucked out that the two back attacks I got were for Page 32, made it through without incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
That's also not counting any combinations involving zombies (can you have a mini or frog zombie?)