Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
The Perfect Crime
:toxx: $20 up to a maximum of $200 for each person who can show me,

Post one screenshot showing your classes. You cannot use a thief at any time during this challenge.
Post one screenshot showing your item list containing the following items:
1. Titan's Glove
2. Genji Armor
3. Kornago Gourd (or 2 if you have a beastmaster)
4. 3 Gold Hairpins

(Reminder: There is a gold hairpin in Barrier Tower, and one in the Pyramid, don't forget to pick them up.)

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

NGDBSS posted:

I am the sort of doofus who will probably do this through savestates and incrementing the RNG. As a reminder:
  1. The Titan's Gloves can be stolen from Azulmagia. And it's his rare steal, yay!
  2. The Genji Armor can be stolen from the very last Gilgamesh, when he shows up to help with Necrophobe. You've also got to fight him after checking the Excalipoor chest or he won't show up later.
  3. There's one guaranteed Kornago Gourd in Quelb, if you give a Kornago to a frog nerd. Otherwise if you don't have beastmaster you only need to grab a rare steal from Omniscient. Assuming you also have a plan for not eating Return.
  4. There's one Gold Hairpin in the Barrier Tower and another in the Pyramid of Moore (not Exdeath's castle). The third is a rare steal from Famed Mimic Gogo, who will counter and oneshot you but thankfully won't go berserk unless you get him to <33K HP.

The original plan was three steals from optional world 3 quests, which was ruined by Odin’s protect ring not being a unique drop.
Genji Armor is the replacement for that. Titan’s gloves was just a bonus joke challenge.

dis astranagant posted:

5. 2 Titan's Axes

Not only did I completely forget about this, but also it doesn’t fit the theme because that’s a mandatory fight.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

So what are the speculations about the new run type? Will it be mayonnaise based?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

If you want a garbage run type that no one should use, we already have natural.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too, so hopefully that was a red herring, and rk just has terrible taste in condiments.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Harrow posted:

I've never actually finished FF5 before but I'm thinking of Fiesta-ing this year. Should I just go with the standard ruleset or is there one that you think might be more fun?

I think normal worked really nicely for me for a first run since I was used to the order the jobs unlocked in. It's "surprisingly balanced", at least for FJF.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

fool of sound posted:

My custom ruleset, something I call Super Natural, is a pretty fun variant: each character gets two jobs at random, from any crystal, no dupes. Each character can only ever use their two specific jobs. This gives each character a strong identify, and guarantees versatility, but also doesn't let you abuse one powerful job as hard by giving it to everyone. I usually do a run of it after my official chaos run each year.

This seems like a ruleset that could be tweaked to improve ff6 and ff7.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

RK has to tell us the name of the new run tag by then, right?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

Whats Winner Run?

#Winner is a fixed set of jobs that won polls in spring 2019. It’s a boring walk to triple crown. White, Blue, Time, Summoner iirc.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

So, what is the actual riskiness of #risk anyway? Is it about a 25% chance per job, and how is it affected by donations?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, you have to be on a run that allows dupes to get them?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

ten cents a speed trap

This has to be accidental right? I fear everyone has this one memorized.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rand and chaos both allow dupes right?

Why am I already thinking about my second run?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Imagine the shame of having trouble fighting Byblos.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I guess that could be a problem if you were no750.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

But never forget that the best summon is puking ghost pet.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, right, there not using fiesta mod, so they can’t use geo yet.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

DD appears to be grinding eqribbon with three characters dead in the middle of meatfort?
e: Maybe grinding hi potions?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 14, 2020

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Samuel Clemens posted:

He mentioned grinding to level 32 with Bartz. I assume for Almagest, but I'm not sure.

Probably. Unusual place for it but that's DD.

Bregor posted:

Never watched The Run, do people grind Bal statues or is that frowned upon?

Someone did for a couple minutes, I presume to unlock cointoss for everyone.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Do they have to speed run the lunch break too?
Eating twenty hotdogs in ten minutes.

fool of sound posted:

I usually do 'i have to use the job as soon as i get the first weapon/spell for that job'

Do knives count?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

They're grinding full Dancer outfits now.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Twitch chat is saying that entering the void for the first time locks you out of getting the mirage vest from chocobo guy? Weird.

Does it lock parts of the phantom village into the void?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, I learned the strat to beat rug wizard with no magic, I guess.
Silence proc from mage masher is a spell effect so it reflects.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is Bowie out of money? That's gonna be a rough finish if he hasn't even made it NED.
Edit: No, gill toss just did 0 for some reason against Catastrophe?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What if I just start 6 save states, one for each possible job?
Yes, yes, that's a thing a sane person would do.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Novasol posted:

Yet another year I'm suckling at the teat of flame ring healing.

!animals

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:toxx:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

Fire weakness is not inherently tied to Undead status.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Power Drink is the one that doesn't work correctly right?
Hero Cocktail still works?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

For those who would like a more concise of explanation of what Quick Leaking is, consult the following video footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x7zRK-Fsv8

Wow, how long did that run take?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is grinding turtle shells and dragon fangs significantly easier on W2 or can I head to W3?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Okay let’s meatfort!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

BLM as a BLM:
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1274499663589068800

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Relin posted:

is there a mod to play classes from the beginning? I don't really wanna play the gba version more than once but would pay for a 4 new class run

Fiesta Mod in the OP is for the GBA version, it does two things, unlocks all 25 jobs from the moment you gain control, and turns NED into a Cactaur with a mustache.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Phenotype posted:

Also, is it "cheating" to use the fiesta mod to unlock classes early? I can't imagine being stuck with 4 WHM this long just because you got 3 Earth Crystal jobs -- I figure it makes more sense thematically if each crystal gives you a new job.

That’s what the Fiesta mod is specifically designed for.

Also mix attacks are affected by magic so your blue mage will be the best at them.
Mix is much more versatile than blue, but to my knowledge it also is only single target.
I don’t know anything about cannoneer but I assume !combine outputs comical levels of damage?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Poque posted:

Geomancer is good actually.

It has it's strong suits. It just tends to get outpaced by jobs that actually spend MP.

Or chemist. But that's every job.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

apophenium posted:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

Kyrosiris posted:

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

I can do this twice right? Here's my second one. Pure Chaos this time.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.

Did it a second time with a slightly different method. Fire swords.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

apophenium posted:

Kyrosiris posted:

Additionally, I will also donate $1 per relevant name that completes a run, per apophenium's toxx, up to a maximum of $50.

Hempuli posted:

I'll donate $10, up to a maximum of $300 to Against Malaria Foundation for every pic of a geomancer attacking Neo-Exdeath with Gaia's Bell. Just post a pic of the attack and a pic of the bell being equipped on the geomancer and we're good.

I also did the gaia bell toxx after forgetting last time..

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

Golem definitely, its effectiveness blows our minds. The reflect one probably not though, exdeath was casting stuff like Flare where I was like "why... why wouldn't this be reflected like in every other final fantasy?"

Flare is reflected, I believe level 3 flare is not reflected.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hmm, reflect has color priority iirc, you just need to make sure people stay flashing blue.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

DalaranJ posted:

The Perfect Crime
:toxx: $20 up to a maximum of $200 for each person who can show me,

Post one screenshot showing your classes. You cannot use a thief at any time during this challenge.
Post one screenshot showing your item list containing the following items:
1. Titan's Glove
2. Genji Armor
3. Kornago Gourd (or 2 if you have a beastmaster)
4. 3 Gold Hairpins

(Reminder: There is a gold hairpin in Barrier Tower, and one in the Pyramid, don't forget to pick them up.)

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1282525692371009537

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Funny story: Cracking the Wonder Wand doesn't reset the drown timer against Gogo. That one took me a few tries.

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1283588446322413571