Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Every year I see this, and every year I think "maybe I should play FFV normally first". And then I never do.

I think I wanna just bite the bullet and do it. This wouldn't even just be a first play for me, either. I'd be going in completely blind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Protection from analysis paralysis WILL be nice...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Arzaac posted:

Hey, if I can beat OoT though Randomizer for the first time, you can beat FFV through Fiesta for the first time.
I'm sorry, you what?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Started my blind run, just killed Magissa, and am only now messing around with the config options. Just turned it up to maximum battle speed, with active menus.

Anyone willing to put up some extra money if I complete my first run of the game this way? :unsmigghh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

oldskool posted:

Charity needs more money IMO

:toxx:
$15 each for the first 10 runners to give me a screenshot in Library of the Ancients B1 with all 4 characters vulnerable to Level 5 Death, in honor of how many times I've blindly bumbled my way near Byblos and gotten nuked back to wherever I last remembered to save because everybody's level 15.

Does it still count if it's not my first time here?

Edit: I died in literally my first battle after taking that screenshot.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 30, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have a thing! I got money, so let's use some of it for something good.

Over the next... let's say couple weeks, it'll be a bit before I can get my check in, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will now count on Carbybot, using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. I will do this up to, let's say, $30. I will also add $1 for every picture posted of a player hitting NED with a Fat Chocobo. (Only one per run, obviously.) That max will be $20.

I am also putting a $10 bounty of video proof of someone killing NED with a Fat Chocobo. This one's been claimed!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 7, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Serene Dragon posted:

I did it, I killed NED with a fat chocobo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUkT2cddbU

The fat chocobo kill happens at 8:20
I did not expect someone to get it that quickly. :stare:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

My first win, and it was blind! :toot: Dragoon was, apparently, my only "bad" class, but I didn't mind it. Being able to Jump over things let me cheese a couple fights and get out of some rough jams. Summoner and Blue Mage were both excellent. Ranger was never my star damage dealer, and needing to give up using !Blue or !Summon to make it useful kinda sucked, but it pulled its weight.

Now to take on Shinryu and Omega! :black101:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jul 4, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just realized there were a bunch of other toxxes I missed because I did them but didn't take screenshots at the right time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Progress update: Got my Dragon Lance, and a party in the mid 50, level-wise. This is still gonna be a loving mess, and it’d be trouble even at a lower speed, but gently caress it! I made a promise to do this legit! :black101: Shinryu and Omega are gonna eat poo poo if it’s the last thing I do!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Serene Dragon posted:

I did it, I killed NED with a fat chocobo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrUkT2cddbU

The fat chocobo kill happens at 8:20

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Over the next... let's say couple weeks, it'll be a bit before I can get my check in, I'm going to give $0.10 for every Fat Chocobo summoned. The command .chonk will now count on Carbybot, using the same syntax as the existing rod counter, so use that. I will do this up to, let's say, $30. I will also add $1 for every picture posted of a player hitting NED with a Fat Chocobo. (Only one per run, obviously.) That max will be $20.
This part of my toxx is still going! Right now it's only up to $4 of a potential $50, so get those beautiful fat boys bouncing!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

TheWonderTrickster posted:

Nothing in the rules that states I can't fulfill multiple toxxes in one run so-
:drat:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shitposting!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Azza Bamboo posted:

Did you get the summons Golem and Carbuncle?
Yeah, being at meat castle means you have access to the second and third best summons in the game. (Maybe third and fourth, depending on how much your party needs Phoenix.)

Golem: Go back to Drakenvale and find the encounter with Golem being attacked. He'll come back even if you gently caress it up, just save and reload, all you have to do is save him before he dies and he'll join. (He might actually give you an item you have to use, I forget.) Just keep shoving Hi-Potions in his face while you kill the undead. I think you can also use Phoenix Downs to autokill the undead attacking him, but I'm not sure. It's a very, very good summon that stops all physical damage up to a certain amount, and then you can just recast it.

Carbuncle: In the meat castle, the room with the skull floor panels that drop you into the stew. The topmost skull will warp you to the summon orb, you just gotta beat up a pretty tough fight and you'll get a summon that will give your whole party Reflect.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 11, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hellioning posted:

Alternatively get Catoblepas, survive three offensive spells, then petrify him.
Fair, but they probably want Carbuncle anyways, and it'd suck much harder to miss it than it would to miss Catoblepas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Once you get past Meatdeath, you'll have almost immediate access to Syldra, at least.

I like Syldra.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

apophenium posted:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

On the road to getting all 20! Dancer is just too much loving fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm adding another late toxx because gently caress it. $1 for every normal kill of the Tyrannosaur in the Moogle Cave, without exploiting its Undead status. That means no Phoenix Downs, no Healing Items, just a regular fight. The limit will be $25. Quote this or something of mine so it's easier to see, if you please.

Edit: It'll have to be the honor system unless you feel like recording the entire fight I guess.
Well, this was fun. Didn't even think I was going to do it, but then Bartz's Ancient Sword landed Old on the first swing, so I decided gently caress it, why not. Blasted away with Fira and thwacks. Didn't even break rods or Zeninage.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poque posted:

:toxx: $1 up to $50 for every screenshot of a game over against Calofisteri :toxx:
I actually almost did this, went into the battle half-cocked.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

The Perfect Crime
:toxx: $20 up to a maximum of $200 for each person who can show me,

Post one screenshot showing your classes. You cannot use a thief at any time during this challenge.
Post one screenshot showing your item list containing the following items:
1. Titan's Glove
2. Genji Armor
3. Kornago Gourd (or 2 if you have a beastmaster)
4. 3 Gold Hairpins

(Reminder: There is a gold hairpin in Barrier Tower, and one in the Pyramid, don't forget to pick them up.)

Funny story: Cracking the Wonder Wand doesn't reset the drown timer against Gogo. That one took me a few tries.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Win number 3! I might come back to this file to triple crown it later just for funsies. I had SO MUCH DAMAGE. It was really nice. Pretty frail, though, which got me in trouble at times. My only healing was items or Drain. Up next, two runs where I'll almost certainly have to Job Fair the whole thing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think the “level 79” has something to do with it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

OH poo poo THERE'S STILL A WHOLE MONTH LEFT.

I was like "aw, heck, time got away from me :eng99:". Time to... put off finishing my last couple runs for a bit longer, but SOON.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

DrOnline posted:

I think I've already decided now that I've looked a little harder. Pure chaos, no berserker risk. Maybe ill get in on pre reg next year and take the risk

Edit: I'm dumb berserker risk is pre reg only
Please, please just do a standard randomizer run for your first rando, especially blind.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Walking through beef stew hurts!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

double reflect strats
That's a thing??? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Right, I should do mine.

PMush Perfect posted:

I am also putting a $10 bounty of video proof of someone killing NED with a Fat Chocobo. This one's been claimed!

173 Fat Chocobo calls: $17.30

And I don't feel like going back to count the exact number of images there are in the Discord over the past two months, so let's just highball it and say it maxed out at the full $20. So, using the same math as Admiral, that brings us to...

I think? Yeah, that seems right.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 29, 2020