Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
With the Fiesta Mod you can use all the jobs from the beginning, which I think makes Pure Chaos so much more enjoyable than being stuck with a bunch of freelancers.

I'm doing my usual vanilla run before going into Pure Chaos funtown, and Black Mage/Berserker/Bard/Dancer is a team that can feasibly triple crown without too much trouble, right? I know Romeo's Ballad works on Omega, but I've never tried going for it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

ModeSix posted:

Where can I get Fiesta Mod (for PC)? Since Samurai isn't available at the start?
I think it's only possible if you're emulating the GBA version, but if you are:
The mod from the OP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ldlmpoepxk5nxgl/fiesta.ups?dl=0
Patch your rom with this: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Man with Hat posted:

Bard can get them both for free. You can stunlock Omega with three bards doing Romeo's. Set the fourth on speed song and you'll eventually be able to stunlock omega with a single bard. Let one person have a reflect ring and !black to reflect thundagas back at omega.

Sorry for the doublepost, but is the stunlock strat for Omega viable with only three !sing users? I've got a serker that I'm guessing I'm gonna have to murder before trying it.
I've got both sandals and reflect rings available.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Thanks for the help y'all. Two bards with sandals was absolutely enough to keep it locked down until I could start bouncing Thundagas off my berserker, who ended up getting the killing blow.
Turns out the rune axe does pretty legit damage when you can slap Black 6 on them.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
One zerker is fine, and can occasionally be pretty drat good. It's in multiples they start getting troublesome :getin:

Shinryu down. Once again, pretty standard, used the wand to set berserk, then spammed phoenix downs while the zerker played the harp.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Aaand done. Took a few tries because I couldn't remember which part is the one that casts algamest, but other than that it was pretty smooth sailing after giving everyone ribbons and buffing up with Hero's Rime and Swift Song phase one, with the Black Mage to punch them to stop the singing.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Well this was the most trivial NED fight I've ever done, god chemists are busted.
Gave everyone sandals, ran the time mage with !summon and everyone else with !mix, tossed out life shields at the start of the treedeath fight to ignore white hole, and Golem to ignore the physicals.
Buffed everyone to lvl 99, doubled their health, dragon defense for Shell, Protect, Regen and Reflect. Dragon Shield just because, and Elemental Power on the casters.
Leviathan was doing 8k damage to everything, and I could just... facetank almagest without caring. Left the non-heavy part alive last and killed it with Zanetzuken from the Magic Lamp as a cherry on top.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind
Alright, how do I most easily cheese Omega with a team of Chemist, Time Mage, Summoner, and Thief, and will I have to grind more dragon fangs for it?

Hellioning posted:

You could always quick leak.

If you don't want to do that, you probably need more dragon fangs.

Yeah, quickleaking is probably probably faster and definitely less work than farming for the fangs and trying to do it legit. Thanks.

Odysseus S. Grant fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 4, 2020

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

And that's the superbosses down. Thank you, fast forward function.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Run three complete! Chaos No 750 this time. Initially rolled Monk for my earth job, and I was not dealing with that, so it was also my first time of using the job fair.
Wondering if I'm doing a fourth run this year or not, and if so, what to actually play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

of mankind

Run four down, Popular this time.

NED: Spent the TED fight singing my way to omnipotence, with shell and blink to ignore what he was throwing out, then threw out 9999 damage Zeninage and Holy. NED got one action off in total.

Omega: Pretty standard lockdown with bard... until I tried bouncing holy at it, and realised my mistake. Zeninage and normal attacks did 0 damage, but katana crits dealt the full 9999.

Shinryu: White Mage. Not much to say, berserked the bard to speed up the clock.