Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
Welp, my free time was already under duress, this will probably shank it in the nearest alleyway. BRING IT ON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

Bufuman fucked around with this message at 02:39 on May 22, 2020

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Aw sweet the hassle of the a brave blade run with none of the payoff.

Sounds like my bag.

Hi I'm OFS I punched Omega to death with an Oracle once. It took 16 hours.

Hey, you can do the Dark Arts thing I mentioned in my previous post!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
There's actually several of those, but this is the only one that's directly in your path, and furthermore, it's only one panel south of a doorway you need to go through, so it's incredibly easy to hold the d-pad down an instant longer than you need to (especially if you're playing on turbo, hence the name Speed Trap) and plummet down to lose a few seconds.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

blakelmenakle posted:

Run #1: Pure Chaos Berserker Risk
Blue Mage, Berserker, Dragoon, Summoner

Got a freebie with my first run, so figured I would try to challenge myself with some of the :toxx:es. Even then, the only real challenge was dealing with my own Berserker when trying to get the Confusion-required Blue Magics (and one unfortunate wipe to Crystals when I wasn't paying attention to their health close enough).

Dang, nice work. Got you listed for mine.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
:thumbsup: Nice work. Both of you added.

I really should try to make more progress on my first run. Stupid FGO has to release a new main story chapter right during fiesta season, plus all these new games I want coming out at once. Argh.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Serene Dragon posted:

My 4th run is white/time/summon/blue, which was perfect for this challenge.

ArashiKurobara posted:

Wound up with my first Blue Mage, finally, so I decided to give it a whirl. (MIM/BLU/CHM/SAM)

Nice work, both of you added. That's 5 people for $25/100 so far, if I haven't missed anyone.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Procrastine posted:

Hopefully a picture of knowing Meteor counts! Float from Mighty Guard might be cheating though :v:

Works for me!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
I LIVE! Thus the dream of death evades me for a while longer.

After 6 years of solid showings, my horrible procrastination habit has finally reared its ugly head for the Fiesta, less than two weeks to go and I still have yet to completely my first drat run (not helped by the COVID making my job more of a hassle than usual, so my free time is more treasured than ever and less likely to be spent running through the same game over and over). That said, I DID finally get off my rear end and start putting some work in on the file I last left off on (just after getting the first three legendary weapons) and made my way up through Omega. He was a pain in the rear end as usual, but my comp is also impossibly hard to actually kill.

I'll try and finish Shin and NED tomorrow and maybe see if I can squeeze out another run or two before the end of the month. Won't be up to my usual count of around 7 runs, but I'll try to at least turn in more than one run.

In other news, I did check off from roughly the point of my last post and looked for those who have completed my toxx. Congrats to Alxprit, Orange Fluffy Sheep, Poque, and Doom Goon for your hard work! Y'all bring me up to 10 toxx completions, and $50 out of the $100 maximum! If you think I missed you, be sure to let me know!

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.
Run 1 (Normal w/ Berserker Risk): White Mage / Berserker / Geomancer / Chemist

Finally got around to this, drat my procrastinating rear end. Still gonna see if I can squeeze in one or two more runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

I only got two runs down this year, and I doubt I'm going to get around to taking out Shin or Omega with this team, so screw it, I think I'm done.

Also, I think it's about time I called my own :toxx: 10 people completed it, for $5 per run.

Congrats and good work to everyone who gave it a go.