Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
man i really hope that turns out good

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

what's it?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
system shock remake https://store.steampowered.com/app/482400/System_Shock/

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Shaggar posted:

it releases and isn't drowned in lawyers

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

gender reveal simulator is on sale (plz watch bideo)

https://twitter.com/chubigans/status/1365903662258733056?s=21

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Shaggar posted:

the demo is pretty cool

https://i.imgur.com/BxTUBoC.mp4

Crusader fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 1, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It doesn't really look System Shocky, which is good because that game looked like rear end.

e: i just realized - the way those walls are, it's gonna run like poo poo on a PS4 and not at all on my PC (if I ever get it up and running anyway), right?

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 1, 2021

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

that's the most boring video involving explosives that i've ever seen. marvelous.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

didn't know if i should put this here or in the programming nightmares thread

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
name and shame

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/duplighost_/status/1364975164220448772?s=21

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

I feel like this video is the entire game, but that bout of slowdown when the first explosions go off is neat, it takes me back to Ikaruga on the GameCube.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It doesn't really look System Shocky, which is good because that game looked like rear end.

e: i just realized - the way those walls are, it's gonna run like poo poo on a PS4 and not at all on my PC (if I ever get it up and running anyway), right?

almost assuredly the walls are mostly just flat quads with a heightmap and tessellation so the GPU can poo poo out those raised surfaces on higher quality levels. there'll be a potato mode that turns tessellation off

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

New YOLO is up, not a lot of excitement this episode except from maybe turning round and seeing three feral dogs running at you far too close for comfort, and every spectator saying go on go on when MATN is debating whether to take a shot at a Legendary Assaultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDakMKqUJlE

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i laughed at him stepping on a plank and thinking it was gunfire and running for his life halfway across boston

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

valheim. it's a small team of 5 guys and the game is still early access. the game is great so far and this is the only real technical issue we've had with it so far

shame though because when it hits the game basically becomes unplayable

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

valheim. it's a small team of 5 guys and the game is still early access. the game is great so far and this is the only real technical issue we've had with it so far

shame though because when it hits the game basically becomes unplayable

that explains a LOT

I run a valheim server for my friends group in vancouver, and while most of us are in the area there's a couple folks scattered around the US and one on terf island

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Doom Mathematic posted:

I feel like this video is the entire game, but that bout of slowdown when the first explosions go off is neat, it takes me back to Ikaruga on the GameCube.

that probably is the whole game but it looks fun

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Speaking of pyrotechnics, Pyro ][ is like the 6th best computer video game ever.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Doom Mathematic posted:

it’s got a “garrys mod custom sweps” feel

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

thank you, i watched it and will purchase now

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

carry on then posted:

it’s got a “garrys mod custom sweps” feel

lol it does

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

im having a blast

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol i was like “someone sure can nail his voice and then woooaaha”

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got the viking game too and it's pretty fun so far

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like i typically hate builder games because theyre frequently user hostile. ark sucked whole rear end, minecraft annoys me. i like qol things like factorios drone automation. i dont mind struggling initially, but it annoys me that in valheim i have to continuously fuel torches. its tiny poo poo like that. i know everything is in eternal beta but ark sucked because everything ultimately sucked to do

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

its cool that valheim is mostly built on positive feedback loops. doing chores isn't an annoying process which helps immensely.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i didnt make it off the beach in ark during a free weekend cause it was so bad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Casual Encountess posted:

like i typically hate builder games because theyre frequently user hostile. ark sucked whole rear end, minecraft annoys me. i like qol things like factorios drone automation. i dont mind struggling initially, but it annoys me that in valheim i have to continuously fuel torches. its tiny poo poo like that. i know everything is in eternal beta but ark sucked because everything ultimately sucked to do

I feel like I get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to do, fumble around accomplishing nothing, and then give up on games like that. I've been watching someone do a FTL run of minecraft and it looks pretty fun but I could never do it.

I gave up on animal crossing new horizons for the same reason.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

once you get the upgraded torches they're way waaay more fuel efficient

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

little jones spent half an hour or so running around no mans sky in creative mode. it was fun

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

i wanted to like don't starve, but gently caress no, i cannot stand things like "collect 5 of resource A to make 1x resource B, 5x B to make 1xC, 5xC -> 1xD, 5xD -> 1xE", need 5xE to build this cool thing, so 5^6 of the basic resource

seriously gently caress needing exponential growth of one basic resource to do something neat, i didnt see a way around that in dont starve, but i could very easily be wrong

i saw the crafting recipes for transmuting copper -> iron -> gold bars in stardew valley and thought "oh no", but then i kept going deeper in the minds and was immensely relieved that i could just mine iron and gold ore directly

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i can't do the exponential things either. i'll do the legwork at the beginning but then there has to be an automated system to do it all for me. gently caress games where you have to just literally do the same thing over and over to advance.

like the only time i got really into minecraft was with some mods where you could build an automated quarry that would mine a gigantic pit straight down to bedrock, like the borg took a slice out, and put the output into pipes that you could filter and pick out of chests at your leisure. there wasn't that thing you're talking about where it's like "okay, now you've got one quarry, so you just have to make fifty quarries to get enough diamonds to build the super quarry, and then with ten super quarries..." etc.

it was fun trying to make it totally self-sustaining when there wasn't an obvious planned-out way you were supposed to do it, too. lots of different ways of getting energy in that game: mass produce solar cells? make an automated tree farm and harvest the wood? try to build a nuclear reactor? i eventually built a system that sucked all of the lava out of the nether dimension for geothermal power :jeb:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/GliitchWiitch/status/1366453794066862085

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i really liked video games for a long time but i think i don't like them anymore. i dunno, i don't get a lot of fun out of playing stuff these days except for a few vr titles, maybe. everybody gushes about botw but i thought it was super boring. i would probably play a mario if i had a switch, i guess?

games are super popular so i blame me but idk

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

filthy creatures. suppurating and feathered bags of meat that fly above us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Roosevelt posted:

filthy creatures. suppurating and feathered bags of meat that fly above us

you racist