Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
didnt even get that far, just got back to the base then i fell off a cliff after killing some campers. was time for bed at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

where was/is days gone free?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
psplus

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Days gone was a lot of fun on ps5, performance was great

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

saints row is a funny take on gta, but the joke got old three games ago

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gta thinks it's a michael mann movie

saints row thinks it's a michael bay movie

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sweevo posted:

saints row is a funny take on gta, but the joke got old three games ago

imagine comparing gta and sr and claiming sr is the series thats gotten old

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
My arm hurts and I feel extra dumb because I realized I tense up my whole body whenever my car starts sliding into the outer wall in Forza Horizon.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

imagine comparing gta and sr and claiming sr is the series thats gotten old

not a gta fan either tbh. its fun to play for 30 minutes when drunk, but all i ever do is drive ice cream trucks off cliffs or try to jump over big thing on a motorbike. the missions aren't all that fun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
that just reminds me of how good crackdown 1 was

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

didn't making APB bankrupt the company?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
crackdown is an incredible series because each entry was made by a different studio after the previous one has been bankrupted

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sweevo posted:

not a gta fan either tbh. its fun to play for 30 minutes when drunk, but all i ever do is drive ice cream trucks off cliffs or try to jump over big thing on a motorbike. the missions aren't all that fun

gta 2 was great

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://mobile.twitter.com/BadGameHOF/status/1527734322190438401

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

gotta wonder how much a korn endorsement cost in 2008

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

how much does it cost now?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

more expensive than an endorsement from my band, "korn endorsement"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
james status: just got an abernic RG503 in the mail. loving owns

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
sleeping dogs is the only good gta but it's entirely carried by the characters. it's impossible to make the format actually fun as a gameplay thing

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

GenJoe posted:

sleeping dogs is the only good gta but it's entirely carried by the characters. it's impossible to make the format actually fun as a gameplay thing

the combat is pretty good and i liked jumping onto other cars

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

GTA peaked at vice city

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

GTA peaked at San Andreas

and is coincidentally really fun to play on the switch

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i want a modern gta i/ii -- 3d top down comedy gorefest

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol the RG503 came with a vice city stories rom

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Just noticed that I have a few bucks in my steam wallet after unloading those stickers or w/e. Think I'm going to exchange that for Huntdown while it's on sale.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the best gta-like was red faction guerrilla and that’s just a fact

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

new saints row looks like it’s gonna be the perfect blend of 2 and 3 and I’m so on board with this. equal parts grounded and silly

I like the disguised versions of weapons. RPG-7 inside a guitar case lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Cat Face Joe posted:

shut up about smelden ring, a good game is coming out

https://twitter.com/gamingbible/status/1526925578334527490
cannot wait (until it is $20)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

CAD?! you demon

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

CAD?! you demon
that's what i get paid in so yeah. i'm a patient man

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sweevo posted:

the point of sr is that it's the fun parts of gta with missions that are more of the same fun stuff instead of some incredibly lame-rear end poo poo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the sleeping dogs combat was incredibly boring and the correct way to play that game was to ram your car into the combat arena to kill as many enemies as possible

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jabor posted:

the point of sr is that it's the fun parts of gta with missions that are more of the same fun stuff instead of some incredibly lame-rear end poo poo

SR2 has the most fun missions and protagonists in any GTA-esque game. meanwhile, two of GTAV's protagonists are different flavours of psychopath training the third protagonist in their preferred methods of psychopathy

michael would have been a lot more redeeming if the kill trevor ending would have had him pulling the trigger personally

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Kenny Logins posted:

it's gonna be real fun in 3 years

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i enjoyed the previous rows of saints

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

will these saints ever stop rowing? Let's find out!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
saints roe v wade

get out there and find those Supreme Court chudges

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

saints row will be 50% off on week 2, so no worries there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kazinsal posted:

SR2 has the most fun missions and protagonists in any GTA-esque game. meanwhile, two of GTAV's protagonists are different flavours of psychopath training the third protagonist in their preferred methods of psychopathy

michael would have been a lot more redeeming if the kill trevor ending would have had him pulling the trigger personally

video games are for being a psychopath in digital form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

oh nice shipbreaker is going to be on gamepass in a couple days, been wanting to try it