Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

It is very good, I'm quite excited for their 1.0 release.

The developer's office is a few blocks from my house so I noticed a few local easter eggs in early access. I never thought I'd be interested in working in game dev but apparently they have 4 day weeks...... kind of tempting to send them a resume

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the funniest part about shipbreaker are the angry reviews by people who hate the pro-union messaging

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

which Saint Row was it where there were billboards advertising idk medium services or whatever and then if you called it after a certain character had died they'd come back as a zombie?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i have a ps4 controller. i can make it charge with my vita charger, and i can make it charge with an anker power bank. it does not charge with either an iphone charger or a different phone charger i use (both bog standard usb-a chargers). it only draws like 800ma, and the phone chargers are 1 and 2 amps so i don't think that's an issue

anyone have a clue why it won't charge on the phone chargers? i've tried it with the cable from the vita charger, and that doesn't work either so it's not due to the cable itself

i want to use this controller for remote play in my office, but charging it is proving obnoxious. i already have enough poo poo plugged in that i don't want to have yet another single-use power brick plugged in. and it's just kind of annoying to have to discharge the power bank for reasons i dont understand

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the switch dock can't be powered by a macbook pro power brick because the dock needs 15V power delivery that the apple brick doesn't provide. could this be similar?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i don't think so - the vita charger says 5v at 1.5A and the chargers that don't work are 5v at 1A (apple) and 2.1A (iogear). maybe some kind of negotiation isn't happening? but then i'd expect the anker power bank to also not work. maybe im missing something though

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao admitting to having a iPhone accessory.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why don't you try your tesla charger. Or your vape charger. Or your funky pop charger xd

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

video games

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
RG503 status: steam remote play works really well?? tbh impressed with this thing. played a lil jet grind radio and sonic adventure too

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

understanding the concept of love can be tough, but worthwhile

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

dioxazine posted:

understanding the concept of love can be tough, but worthwhile

tbf i think that's sonic adventure 2, brought to you by Soaps

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What the heck was up with calling it Grind in the US anyway? Does "jet set" mean something rude in American?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What the heck was up with calling it Grind in the US anyway? Does "jet set" mean something rude in American?

nah, although "jet setter" has a bougie vibe to it

i think sega was just all in on the edgy skateboarding craze back then and rollerblades were comparatively lame

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you're querying a country that called final fantasy 6, "3"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anyway JSR is a good game and I wish I was better at it. (I know it's not hard, I just suck at action games.)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anyway JSR is a good game and I wish I was better at it. (I know it's not hard, I just suck at action games.)

you also suck at posting :laugh:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm posting with a joystick.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you also suck at posting :laugh:

but whomst among us

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it's fun as heck and actually hasn't aged that badly, especially if you use some shaders (RG503 uses some sort of retroarch + kodi frontend). tbf they did call the xbox-only sequel "jet set radio future", which was also baller

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

i have a ps4 controller. i can make it charge with my vita charger, and i can make it charge with an anker power bank. it does not charge with either an iphone charger or a different phone charger i use (both bog standard usb-a chargers). it only draws like 800ma, and the phone chargers are 1 and 2 amps so i don't think that's an issue

anyone have a clue why it won't charge on the phone chargers? i've tried it with the cable from the vita charger, and that doesn't work either so it's not due to the cable itself

i want to use this controller for remote play in my office, but charging it is proving obnoxious. i already have enough poo poo plugged in that i don't want to have yet another single-use power brick plugged in. and it's just kind of annoying to have to discharge the power bank for reasons i dont understand

I remember the dualshock 3 needed to negotiate something with its charger so you couldn’t use dumb chargers but I don’t think that’s an issue with the 4. are you sure it’s a DualShock 4?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

video games are for being a psychopath in digital form

https://i.imgur.com/ZdD3OJ5.mp4

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

I remember the dualshock 3 needed to negotiate something with its charger so you couldn’t use dumb chargers but I don’t think that’s an issue with the 4. are you sure it’s a DualShock 4?

yeah, 100%

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Was testing the camera on this thing and I guess it kinda sucks but

A) games
B) oh that's where my t-shirt went

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait does imgur gently caress thigns up or something? I'm at least able to read the titles on the original photo but that's... like three pixels.

E: testing to see if it dies it again

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 22, 2022

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Wait does imgur gently caress thigns up or something? I'm at least able to read the titles on the original photo but that's... like three pixels.

it looks like imgur messed it up. i can read falcon, quake, dungeon, and might & magic on the boxes, but the sign on the left just looks like a bunch of messy gibberish

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

it looks like imgur messed it up. i can read falcon, quake, dungeon, and might & magic on the boxes, but the sign on the left just looks like a bunch of messy gibberish

It's not a sign, it's a box with a label taped on.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

I'm here for this new Max Payne chapter

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

oh my god the loving dpad :doh:

lol this had me stuck for way longer than I’m willing to admit, too. the only time playing the game I actually got stuck not knowing what to do, and thought maybe it was a bug so i googled it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

classic fromsoft, hiding a story blocking item activation option thats only discovered if you stand in a certain spot and happen to notice the tiny on screen hint that you can select a second option. behind a button that is almost never used when exploring lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it's a poor workman what blames their tools

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

all workmen are poor

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm posting with a joystick.

I’m using tilt controls!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/sergkorsakov/status/1528073759277649920?s=21&t=t-OfGiCLe3bDEVtmcfkZWA

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

they're for children

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

polyester concept posted:

classic fromsoft, hiding a story blocking item activation option thats only discovered if you stand in a certain spot and happen to notice the tiny on screen hint that you can select a second option. behind a button that is almost never used when exploring lol

it's also a super long time from when you get the first half to even being able to get to the area that has the second. I went round the albinauric village like 3 times assuming I'd missed something then when I finally got to the ice zone suddenly a spirit pipes up with "hey the other medallion is in castle sol over there lol".

the fire giant fight was intense tho. The first time I got to phase 2 I did actually go "holy poo poo" in the cutscene

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
fire giant, for some reason, kept deciding to hitch himself on the geometry in his arena for me so I put the game down to have a break and never picked it up again

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Played some Zork last night. Started out as just testing a new keyboard, but it's pretty dang good at sucking you in.

Only stopped playing when I got too deep to remember things by heart and couldn't find my old maps. But still played so long I only woke up now (15:43).

9/10 game.

E: and by the way my wrist is hurting, the keyboard definitely needs a support :( (also I'm old and decrepit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reading the Fallout thread I'm Games, and it's 100% like that slurp juice tweet to people who don't play Fallout 76. I'm sure they're having fun, but it just reads like they're in a cult.

(I'd buy it in a second if it didn't require an Internet connection all the time.)