Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i’m going to buy the digital only ps5 when i see it in costco on the shelf. that’s going to be a real good costco trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
surely like 2-4 games of sales or selling your old discs would make up the $100 difference in SKUs

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Just started on Control on PC and this thing is going to destroy my fans haha holy poo poo.
I don't have RTX but the graphics are still phenomenal on a 1080.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i’m just surprised the digital ps5 is actually cheaper by some not-insignificant amount. easy decision for me

skip the cost of the optical drive, plus the chance to get the customer in a position where literally every purchase they make goes through their storefront

from watching the preorder fracas it looks like the no disc model is way more popular than the disc model. rip gamestop

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah control probably would've been my goty if I played it last year. setting, 3d metroidvania, story, characters, acting, combat are all top notch and it has great graphics along with great art design.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i love digital content and buying physical media is for dingdongs.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The floating chanters should drop a single blue health crystal if you shoot them, just to make that little extra difference that you feel you're not totally hosed after a bad encounter.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Weedle posted:

ordinarily i'd think 2009 is a bit recent to start remaking stuff but demon's souls has a lot of cool weird online poo poo that doesn't work anymore because the servers got shutdown, and a fair bit of annoying weird gameplay poo poo that could be improved upon.

if they get rid of the jank is it still a souls game

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I expect they'll remove carry weight and change grass to be more like estus or blood vials.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also either a forgiveness mechanic or just make the npcs respawn like the later games

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

haveblue posted:

also either a forgiveness mechanic or just make the npcs respawn like the later games

npcs don't respawn in souls games tho?!? except for the main firekeeper in 3. and the maiden is the same

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The floating chanters should drop a single blue health crystal if you shoot them, just to make that little extra difference that you feel you're not totally hosed after a bad encounter.

I shoot 'em anyway to make the cool ghost explosions. :blastu:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the blacksmith also respawns in 3. I feel like that was introduced in an earlier game, though I might be wrong about that. dark souls and onward also have the guy who you can pay to un-aggro any npc you hit but didn't kill

regardless, it was never a good idea to let you permanently gently caress an ng cycle by putting the controller down wrong

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

<CONTROL> Hey MOLD-1 how about you

ffffuuucckkk ooofffff

Christ I'm too old for this bullshit. I thought Daimon the end-boss at Bitterblack Isle chafed my balls but he was a pussycat compared to this giant dipshit half life tentacle on steroids.

i havent even tried the boss fight because i hate the molds so much. its my only remaining challenge in the game and i kind of dont care

Video Nasty posted:

Just started on Control on PC and this thing is going to destroy my fans haha holy poo poo.
I don't have RTX but the graphics are still phenomenal on a 1080.

they did such a good job on the engine that the difference is subtle and minimal in general play. the game is just amazing visually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

thatd be nice especially since theyre so prevalent in hub areas where ambushes happen occasionally. aside from atmosphere and as boost points for reaching higher areas, theyre most decorative so added gameplay involvement would be useful

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

skip the cost of the optical drive, plus the chance to get the customer in a position where literally every purchase they make goes through their storefront

from watching the preorder fracas it looks like the no disc model is way more popular than the disc model. rip gamestop

remember when dumbass console gamers were scared of not being able to share or resell their physical games? lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

So the 3080s "went on sale" at 6am this morning and sold out in less than one minute on every site. It sounds like approximately zero normal people were able to buy one.

Apparently plenty of scalper bots managed to snap them up, though, because they're already available on eBay for double the msrp, and it sounds like all the shrieking gamer ~influencers~ also have theirs set aside and on the way

Everything working as intended

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

So the 3080s "went on sale" at 6am this morning and sold out in less than one minute on every site. It sounds like approximately zero normal people were able to buy one.

Apparently plenty of scalper bots managed to snap them up, though, because they're already available on eBay for double the msrp, and it sounds like all the shrieking gamer ~influencers~ also have theirs set aside and on the way

https://twitter.com/yifanlu/status/1306602635894484992

:tinfoil:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

yeah they're not gonna be available until Q1. They arent gonna have the capacity for demand AND the actual cards you're gonna want to buy wont be on the market probably for another month or so.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Shaggar posted:

remember when dumbass console gamers were scared of not being able to share or resell their physical games? lol

troglodytes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

yeah they're not gonna be available until Q1. They arent gonna have the capacity for demand AND the actual cards you're gonna want to buy wont be on the market probably for another month or so.

I mean

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

haveblue posted:

rip gamestop

they did this to themselves with the gap between trade-in prices and resale prices

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Clark Nova posted:

they did this to themselves with the gap between trade-in prices and resale prices

well that and making actually entering the store a terrible experience and every transaction a gauntlet of value-add bullshit being shoveled at you

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm planning on getting the 3080ftw3 in a few months but i mean god drat did those sell fast

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

ah so nvidia found a way to recreate the furious 10 series bitcoin scarcity hype

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

it seems that now a bunch of people are making fake ebay accounts to bid things up to ridiculous levels and not pay

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The_Franz posted:

it seems that now a bunch of people are making fake ebay accounts to bid things up to ridiculous levels and not pay

What does that accomplish (I have no idea how the Ebay works)?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

prevents the stockpilers from selling the cards on

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

lol at buying hardware before anyone real has been able to get their hands on it and test it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

it makes things annoying for the scalpers as they have to go though the trouble of filing a non-paying bidder dispute and waiting for ebay to cancel the transaction. the couple of times i've had to deal with that due to nigerian scammers buying whatever i was selling, i don't think ebay refunded the listing fee

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

lol at buying hardware before anyone real has been able to get their hands on it and test it

arent there a ton of benchmarks of it already

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

tweets deleted. what was it?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

tweets deleted. what was it?

someone posted a screenshot of a json response saying something that was not out of stock/sold out or something like that

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

if you like cuphead you should play metal slug. just make sure you get the good ports (i remember some ports drop fps or have missing animation frames).

This is a good idea it's been a long time since I played the Metal Slug games.

I'm going to finish the Cuphead mod first though.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NoneMoreNegative posted:

<CONTROL> Hey MOLD-1 how about you

ffffuuucckkk ooofffff

Christ I'm too old for this bullshit. I thought Daimon the end-boss at Bitterblack Isle chafed my balls but he was a pussycat compared to this giant dipshit half life tentacle on steroids.

my first time through i had the same goddamn issue, but my second playthrough I essentially cheesed it by applying only extra health personal mods and extra damage weapon mods to shatter. had both at about 300% or so. thing went down in about three rounds of shooting/recharging

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ebay sounds like it sucks.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i think i killed that thing in one go cause i just exploded it with launch.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tk posted:

This is a good idea it's been a long time since I played the Metal Slug games.

I'm going to finish the Cuphead mod first though.

If you want a more arcadey experience playing metal slug a mame emulator is pretty easy to setup. Sticks are kind of pricey though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i once tried mame when it was like the big new thing and quickly realized all arcade games suck poo poo

e: thanks for reading

Best BR regards, 3D Megadoodoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

i once tried mame when it was like the big new thing and quickly realized all arcade games suck poo poo

e: thanks for reading

Best BR regards, 3D Megadoodoo

buddy you are probably playing the same genre you hate (beat em ups i bet) and wondering why you hate the games. try playing something different like that windjammers or street fighter 3 or r-type or magic sword or those weird arcade puzzle games.